NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

Looking forward to meeting up in Portishead over the weekend.

With a bit of luck we hope to be able to replicate the following scene.

leysdown_r1_modified.jpg.3a67570be5e2b1a9c20dd2a8b8d16f44.jpg

I know it's a bit later than the period being discussed but the articulated sets were only assembled in 1924.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, adrianmc said:

Hi Rob,

Looking forward to meeting up in Portishead over the weekend.

With a bit of luck we hope to be able to replicate the following scene.

leysdown_r1_modified.jpg.3a67570be5e2b1a9c20dd2a8b8d16f44.jpg

I know it's a bit later than the period being discussed but the articulated sets were only assembled in 1924.

Hi Adrian. 

Yes, looking forward to seeing Leysdown once again. 

I have a few jobs on the layout to attend to but I had my COVID booster yesterday lunchtime and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. Pretty ropey sheep at present. Not a great deal happening at Chateau Sheep. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
On 28/09/2022 at 19:09, MrWolf said:

I couldn't agree more and I'm certain that the Lambsdown setting will more than do them justice.

Bring it on!

Going to be an interesting exercise in weathering the engines.  I wonder how you c re-create tallow patterns and the patches where the brickdust mixed with tallow has worn down the varnish and paint?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

The sheep has rallied. I wrote yesterday off although I was feeling a bit better by yesterday evening. Still a smidge iffy this morning ( headache, tired and occasional hot flush !) but in comparison to this time yesterday, very much better. I need to do the things I had lined up yesterday, as in reassembly of Ewe and then pack up ready for tomorrow. 

So, onward and upward. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

The sheep has rallied. I wrote yesterday off although I was feeling a bit better by yesterday evening. Still a smidge iffy this morning ( headache, tired and occasional hot flush !) but in comparison to this time yesterday, very much better. I need to do the things I had lined up yesterday, as in reassembly of Ewe and then pack up ready for tomorrow. 

So, onward and upward. 

Had my COVID and Flu jabs yesterday, feeling somewhat sluggish and under the weather today, so fully sympathise. 

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Going to be an interesting exercise in weathering the engines.  I wonder how you c re-create tallow patterns and the patches where the brickdust mixed with tallow has worn down the varnish and paint?

Is that the voice of personal observation, Mike?  😀

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Had my COVID and Flu jabs yesterday, feeling somewhat sluggish and under the weather today, so fully sympathise. 

A sign you're getting old chum.😉

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

A sign you're getting old chum.😉

Don't you mean 'very old' or is he 'very vulnerable'?  When I was told the date for mine I asked about a date Mrs Stationmaster to receive hers and there was much scrabbling at the other end of the 'phone while the lass in the surgery checked the computer to ascertain if I was telling the truth about Mrs Stationmaster's age (she ceased to be the next number down from my age back in May so confusion could be understandable).

When I enquired about 'vulnerable' people' (in respect of my son) I was told that at present they are only doing the 'very vulnerable' which might explain how Spams is getting in?  Looks like all you have to do is model the LSWR and that qualifies you or is he really that old😮(he looks well on it if he is)?

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately, I shall be unable to attend, having tested positive for Covid on Thursday.

Three pretty miserable days, but I seem to be on the mend this morning.

Hope the day goes really well for all involved.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Unfortunately, I shall be unable to attend, having tested positive for Covid on Thursday.

Three pretty miserable days, but I seem to be on the mend this morning.

Hope the day goes really well for all involved.

John

Hope you soon shake it off John - it lasted about a week in total when I had it earlier this year but fortunately it was more like bad cold with added extra tiredness and loss of appetite.  Just watch out for after effects and if there's anything at all unusual such as muscular aches have a chat with your GP.

My GP was great in that respect as I started getting unusual muscular aches after the Covid and I had a phone consultation to talk about it and explain what I was feeling.  He gave me an appointment in the surgery the very next day  for a proper examination and confirmed that it was down to the Covid and nothing else to worry about. It has since then gone away but I still tire more quickly when walking than I used to but I  have found that I can easily cope with half a day at a model railway exhibition with no problems so it's wearing off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8