Bachmann junior 0-6-0

I was looking at an old Hornby magazine and the layout Stratton St George had one of these on it.

post-19141-0-43696900-1382542223.jpg

Now, the £40 question is, is it worth it? I quite fancy one as a project to test things out I won't dare on my more expensive locos, such as weathering with powders, detailing etc. Also, it wouldn't look too bad on my shunting layout...  One obvious improvement would be cutting out the filled in cab, but what other improvements can be made (I can think of a few more myself)? If anyone has actually done one up, any photos would be appreciated

Here you go mate,

http://www.ehattons.com/38422/Bachmann_Branchline_30_921_Junior_0_6_0_Saddle_Tank_in_BR_lined_black/StockDetail.aspx

Who needs to spend £40.

Have a go at £26 brand new, you have nothing to lose.

Edit: I would have a go at removing the mould lines on the top of the boiler, replacing the moulded hand rails, and add some rivets to the saddle tank.

• RMweb Premium

This is my interpretation.

post-15-0-10677000-1382625980_thumb.jpg

New buffers, smokebox dart, chimney, safety valve, opened up windows and cab. Originally bought as a test bed for decoders, decided to do something with it using bits & bobs from the spares box. Need a bit more paint on wheels, replace missing cab handrail and fit some steps.

Archived