Connoisseur LNER Y6

Rob Pulham

Around 4 weeks or so ago I decided to enter the Y6 in the Modelling Competition at Guildex. Having entered it the weekend before the show I decided to weather it. 

Although it didn't win anything I am rather pleased with the way that it turned out and I don't regret the decision to apply the weathering.

44474424991_f56a06dac2_b.jpg

43756107884_42974b6721_b.jpg

44474422341_cd1a22e6b6_b.jpg

43756107114_e80cd157e0_b.jpg

43756106154_ccd9283f94_b.jpg

Rob,

That'as a nice looking model and the weathering adds to its appearance. I've been thinking about buying and building one of these.  Is your chassis rigid, sprung or compensated?

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris, 

Funny you should say that because I have been contemplating building a second one myself.

Regarding the chassis, it has a bit of everything, It's compensated using Jim's rocking axle at one end but it runs in ball races and these fit inside a brass tube at the rocking end. It's also DCC sound fitted these days.

The photo below from earlier in the thread should hopefully show how it's set up. Simple but very smooth running. Without the sounds it's really quiet in operation. The gearbox is Jim's that comes with the kit and soldered to the frames with a cheapo Mashima type motor and Roxey worm/gear.

9052786962_8e08a2d218_b.jpg

Thanks Chris, 

Funny you should say that because I have been contemplating building a second one myself.

Regarding the chassis, it has a bit of everything, It's compensated using Jim's rocking axle at one end but it runs in ball races and these fit inside a brass tube at the rocking end. It's also DCC sound fitted these days.

The photo below from earlier in the thread should hopefully show how it's set up. Simple but very smooth running. Without the sounds it's really quiet in operation. The gearbox is Jim's that comes with the kit and soldered to the frames with a cheapo Mashima type motor and Roxey worm/gear.

9052786962_8e08a2d218_b.jpg

Very neat. Thanks Rob. 

Archived