I`m after a Hornby new self contained motor bogie for a EMU I`m building, and am asking does anybody have a javelin motor bogie that they could measure the wheel base of please? 

Failing that, does anybody know if there is any 8`9" wheelbase motor bogies available anywhere, like what was used on the SR EMU models? 

• RMweb Gold

Peters Spares is selling spare Hornby Brighton Belle motor bogie drive units on eBay.  The wheelbase measures just under 36mm, which is 8’9” thereabouts.

Cheers

Darius

PS  just checked - they are still available.

Edited by Darius43
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

I`m after a Hornby new self contained motor bogie for a EMU I`m building, and am asking does anybody have a javelin motor bogie that they could measure the wheel base of please? 

Failing that, does anybody know if there is any 8`9" wheelbase motor bogies available anywhere, like what was used on the SR EMU models? 

Tenshodo do a 35mm X 14mm motor unit  and is available here:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=182_209&product_id=518

They also do, 35X12mm, 28.5 X 10.5mm, 26 X 10.5mm, 24.5 X 10.5mm.

Charlie

Tenshodo-35X12 Picture.jpg

Edited by charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

In my view Tenshodo bogies are well engineered but you need one in every coach in a multiple unit to get anything approaching a reasonable performance.  Also converting them to DCC is a pain.

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 1