Kit Build Challenge - DJH/Wuiske QR A10 in HOn3.5

So, I've been considering joining in with this years challenge since Andy created this forum area, just not had any idea of what I could build.  However, thanks to the Brisbane show last weekend, that's now changed!

I'll be building this little beauty!

index.php?sfpg=MDAyLS1TVEVBTSBMT0NPTU9US

What is she? No. 6 of the A10 class; QR's second oldest class of locomotive built way back in 1865, and apparently the oldest operating steam locomotive in the Southern Hemisphere!  This class of 13 locos were built by Nielsen & Co. of Glasgow, and entered service in 1866.

The model.

post-11907-0-03287300-1431520449_thumb.jpg

The kit itself was made by DJH, and sold by Wuiske Models out here in Aus a couple of years ago, and I was lucky enough to grab the second last kit available at the Brisbane show last weekend.  As I'm planning on eventually modelling the entire QR Heritage fleet, it was actually quite important that I get one before they disappear!

I'll go through the contents in a later post, but it basically consists of brass and nickel silver etches, and brass, nickel silver and white metal castings.

Well, that's my head stuck up above the parapet, and I can't wait to get started!  Only one problem though, I gotta go get me a soldering iron!

Matt.

Archived