New Atlas series

PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

There is a website that gives e-mail and/or contact details of company CEO's, people have used this when they have customer service problems and found it most useful. I've asked around and if I can get it and it contains contact details for the CEO of Atlas I'll put it here and on the Atlas collectors group on Facebook.

• RMweb Premium

There is a website that gives e-mail and/or contact details of company CEO's, people have used this when they have customer service problems and found it most useful. I've asked around and if I can get it and it contains contact details for the CEO of Atlas I'll put it here and on the Atlas collectors group on Facebook.

The CEO of Atlas Editions (UK) is Guy Stainthorpe. 94 White Lion Street, London N1 9PF. The e-mail address is gstainthorpe@editionsatlas.fr

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This is the latest model I received last week. I hadn't received anything since November. 

All the way from Australia? Seriously though I haven't even received that one. Fortunately the prices on E-bay are running out of steam and I've bought a couple of the models from there as I wanted to acquire a few extras of some models. Indeed some of those on e-bay are going for less than what Atlas charge for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Does anyone know if the rail wheels on the Road Rail excavator are the same as the unimog, in that they are slightly too wide to run on 00 track, or are they the correct width for it? 

Thanks

I haven't checked them out as they are fixed, unlike the Unimog they do not lower and the wheels do not even rotate. If the signwriting on the cab is anything to go by they are not allowed to be used when on the track. Although its a bit ambiguous I took it to mean that they only used the track to get from place to place and only worked off track. For some reason Atlas have chosen to pack this model with the cabin turned in the wrong direction and it is normally turned the other way, you can see this by the positions of the rear lights and the cab steps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I received one this morning but a different one to that one, the Liebheer A900 ZW, its a similar machine but with a clamshell bucket. This is the first model I have received since before Christmas and as it is on the future releases list after the one that Jim has received it looks as if I will have to wait a bit longer for my one. Apparently the demand for this series caught Atlas out and they didn't order sufficient stocks but hopefully they have upped their orders. This is not helped by some dealers/traders taking out multiple subscriptions so that they can make a large profit on re-selling them on e-bay. Prices on some of the models on e-bay are coming down but others are going for a lot of money, the Saro crash tender is particularily rare and one example went for £225 on e-bay recently :O . The Unimog seems to be settling down in price on e-bay now, I've just obtained a second one for £17 plus postage. I have e-mailed the CEO of Atlas about the 'missing' models and I have been assured that I will eventually receive them but they cannot give a date, hopefully every collector will now receive their models on time. The traders and dealers who take multiple subscriptions for these series so that they can sell them on at a profit are the ones who annoy me the most but now some of these models are selling for less than the Atlas price on e-bay is good news.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The bill for the last model I received was due for payment on or before 07/04/16. As I pay by direct debit I was expecting the payment to come out on that date. When I checked this morning it still wasn't deducted so I contacted Atlas by e-mail. I received a reply saying the next model has been dispatched today 14-04-2016, however I have no idea as to what model it is as the payment has still not been cleared for the last one.

Still have not got part 1 or anything else

I know the feeling.  I ordered Part 1 of the Stobart Trucks collection and the World of Stobart last July and I have still not seen the first truck from the Stobart Trucks collection more than 9 months later - I've now cancelled that collection.  I am told that they have resent the first model  and the response to my last e-mail was that I will receive it this month, but I will just wait and see.  The first part of the World of Stobart collection did eventually arrive in, I think, December, after several e-mails.  Since then I have received Parts 2 and 3 (albeit the coasters were missing from the last delivery, which they will apparently resend) and the Class 66 has also apparently been sent (ie an invoice has appeared on the website), although it has not as yet turned up.

Consistency of delivery definitely seems to be a problem with Atlas Editions.  I will however persevere for the road / rail plant and if I receive the Saro crash tender anytime soon, it will go on e-bay if people are willing to pay £200!  It's not a model I particularly want.

Edited by Dungrange

• RMweb Premium

I know the feeling.  I ordered Part 1 of the Stobart Trucks collection and the World of Stobart last July and I have still not seen the first truck from the Stobart Trucks collection more than 9 month slater - I've now cancelled that collection.  I am told that they have resent the first model  and the response to my last e-mail was that I will receive it this month, but I will just wait and see.  The first part of the World of Stobart collection did eventually arrive in, I think, December, after several e-mails.  Since then I have received Parts 2 and 3 (albeit the coasters were missing from the last delivery, which they will apparently resend) and the Class 66 has also apparently been sent (ie an invoice has appeared on the website), although it has not as yet turned up.

Consistency of delivery definitely seems to be a problem with Atlas Editions.  I will however persevere for the road / rail plant and if I receive the Saro crash tender anytime soon, it will go on e-bay if people are willing to pay £200!  It's not a model I particularly want.

I'll swap a Unimog for a Saro crash tender, I wanted a couple of extra ones for a layout so I bid a maximum amount (£15) on e-bay and this coincided with a glut of offers and I ended up with 5.

• RMweb Premium

The 'mystery model' that I am about to receive is the Scania RV14. I have been informed that it was dispatched yesterday but it could take 28 days for it to be delivered, usually its taken 7-10 days. Someone has just reported on Facebook that they have obtained one of the 'very hard to get/expensive Saro crash tenders for £15. Of course I'm not jealous, much. :angry:   :ireful:  :cry:  

They do seem rather scarce, irritating since I need one for the layout.

Has any light been shed on why some models are more scarce than others? One would have thought production runs for a partwork like this would have been more or less the same size (after the initial few issues perhaps)?

• RMweb Premium

They do seem rather scarce, irritating since I need one for the layout.

Has any light been shed on why some models are more scarce than others? One would have thought production runs for a partwork like this would have been more or less the same size (after the initial few issues perhaps)?

I think in this case Atlas didn't predict the popularity of the Stobart name and demand was far greater than expected. There are other reasons such as dealers taking out multiple subscriptions knowing that they can be sold on at a premium. They also seem to be getting more models from suppliers other than Corgi or Oxford and those do not seem to have the capacity to provide additional products at short notice. I do think that Atlas have stepped up their orders for current/future models in view of the popularity of the series so hopefully most who want the models will now get them. The normal practice is for Atlas to order and deliver extra numbers of those models that are in short supply at the end of the series to cover their commitments. In the case of the 'World of Stobart' series there is only five more models left to complete the series so unless they add more new models they should be available before the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I got a Scania RV14 today

edit: was asking what the RV14 was but noticed it printed on the side of my model, got confused by the plynth saying something different

Edited by big jim

• RMweb Premium

Typical cancel the subscription because they sent me 3 models in three weeks and now there something intresting

You can always re-open your account but do it quick otherwise you might miss out on this model. Most people who have cancelled did so because they were not sent any models. I'm afraid that Atlas is a right PITA for customers.