The wheels will all be turned down. Couplings wise, I'm going to stick with the N gauge ones and once the layout is near complete, I'll look at adding DG's to all my stock.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I have found the with the Farish Mk1s the ideal couplings within rakes are the Dapol buckeyes that come with their coaches. I use one long and one short coupling on each coach and this gives a very close couple. On the outer coaches of the rake, like you, I use DGs. With the DMUs I have found that two short Dapol couplings work well. Two short Farish couplings are just a fraction too short to work but the Dapol ones couple with almost no gap!

Keep up the great work! I look forward to your next instalment!

Regards

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rush hour at Euston!

That is seriously impressive Jeremy :yes:

I admire the way that having swapped to 2FS you have taken on a project that has such complicated point work and thrown yourself into it with fab results.

Would be great to see this exhibited one day at an exhibition and have JSW's New Street as the adjoining layout stand ;)

Keep up the great work :good:

Edited by bcnPete

That is seriously impressive Jeremy :yes:

I admire the way that having swapped to 2FS you have taken on a project that has such complicated point work and thrown yourself into it with fab results.

Would be great to see this exhibited one day at an exhibition and have JSW's New Street as the adjoining layout stand ;)

Keep up the great work :good:

Thanks Pete! Thank you for persuading me to convert to 2mmFS! I have two bookings so far exhibition wise so I need to get my skates on.

JSW's New Street is a fabulous layout but I've noticed that there has been very little updated on his website. Is he still progressing the layout?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Pete! Thank you for persuading me to convert to 2mmFS! I have two bookings so far exhibition wise so I need to get my skates on.

JSW's New Street is a fabulous layout but I've noticed that there has been very little updated on his website. Is he still progressing the layout?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Yep, kinda all my fault ;) but so pleased you did so.

I think you have constructed more turnouts in Euston than all my 2FS layouts put together :lol:

Hope to see this at the 2FS 60 years in 2020...

I think JSW is having a break from it and has been building another smaller layout with similar outstanding modelling - think it appears on his website...it's called Brettell Road IIRC.

My mojo has been low of late so I have kick started my 7mm project...I best not try to persuade you to that dark side just yet :D

Edited by bcnPete

Yep, kinda all my fault ;) but so pleased you did so.

I think you have constructed more turnouts in Euston than all my 2FS layouts put together :lol:

Hope to see this at the 2FS 60 years in 2020...

I think JSW is having a break from it and has been building another smaller layout with similar outstanding modelling - think it appears on his website...it's called Brettell Road IIRC.

My mojo has been low of late so I have kick started my 7mm project...I best not try to persuade you to that dark side just yet :D

You never know Pete, it might get an invite to that exhibition. Mmh, Euston in 7mm.............now that would be even more bonkers!

The Junction that splits from London Bridge to Cannon Street/Charring Cross would be a very hectic one.

That or the early Charlton Junction where two different railways met, and one of them ran reverse running, so imagine the crossovers for that! Thats before you consider the overhead that existed at the time and the strange looking signalling (compared to later designs at least).

• RMweb Premium

Willsden Junction?

That's what happened to me.  I was stuck with the stock from Long Preston so ended up choosing Lancaster Green Ayre, same period, same stock.  There's a nice bug set of junctions at Rugby not far up the WCML.

Jamie

That's what happened to me.  I was stuck with the stock from Long Preston so ended up choosing Lancaster Green Ayre, same period, same stock.  There's a nice bug set of junctions at Rugby not far up the WCML.

Jamie

Willsden Junction?

Yep, Rugby would be my choice too. It also allows me to use the EMU's from Euston, apart from the 313's. I had also considered Bletchley as there is the stone loading plant there which would add some interest.