good video.  i hd the original once on dvd but sold it so nice to watch again.  doesn't seem a very busy WCML beyond Rugby- you see very few trains on the Up lines.

yes lots has changed in 30 years....trent valley definitely. do agree with the comment around Hademore that the camera isnt icking up the speed of the train.  I see this vary on you tube videos where the camera operator zooms from close up to wide angle and the sense of speed changes greatly. I prefer to feel the speed shame as it would have been nice if the operator here could have switched the lens.

amazed at the state of the mainline as it navigates around Edge Hill sidings. looks run down and the speed is very low.  not sure if the layout has been changed to allow for greater speed now.....

• RMweb Gold

amazed at the state of the mainline as it navigates around Edge Hill sidings. looks run down and the speed is very low.  not sure if the layout has been changed to allow for greater speed now.....

Hasn't really changed much and still pretty run down, I think the main reason it was slow was being held at the signal, been a while since I past through but going back to the early 90's it must of been around 30-40 mph, I probably completely wrong though ;)

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Had the video from a friend sitting under my TV for the past 18 months .....I don't own a video but I darn't play it in fear that the video may chew it..... Thank god to the people that upload to Utube.... Thank you.... what a great video especially seeing the Wolverton Box....

Good evening,

Track laying progresses slowly but I've finally finished my first double slip with switch diamonds. There's a lot of parts to fit into such a small space! The test wagon glided through so I'm really pleased with how it has turned out. (Excuse the pun!)

post-10222-0-47401200-1447609907_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Good evening,

Track laying progresses slowly but I've finally finished my first double slip with switch diamonds. There's a lot of parts to fit into such a small space! The test wagon glided through so I'm really pleased with how it has turned out. (Excuse the pun!)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

not sure how i missed this  :scratchhead:

impressive work puts  my complaints about how many points I need in context