Dapol 00 Gauge LSWR B4

ndg910

Back in May I ordered 30082 to back-date to 83 in Bulleid livery ( identical details - wish I could find that site again ! ) ................. looks like I'm getting 30089 instead !

I got the southern railway Lined black one to, err, update, into Bulleid livery. Would this not be easier as there is no smokebox number plate or are there certain details you were trying to get with 30089? Simply curious. As I've already made a mistake with an LBSC liveried E4.. 

Edited by Jack P

I got the southern rail Lined black one to, err, update, into Bulleid livery. Would this not be easier as there is no smokebox number plate or are there certain details you were trying to get with 30089? Simply curious. As I've already made a mistake with an LBSC liveried E4.. 

WHAT?  The Men in Malachite detect such heresies. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

:jester:

• Like 2

I got the southern railway Lined black one to, err, update, into Bulleid livery. Would this not be easier as there is no smokebox number plate or are there certain details you were trying to get with 30089? Simply curious. As I've already made a mistake with an LBSC liveried E4.. 

Somewhere, somewhere on this marvellous interweb thingy, I found a page that detailed the differences ( boiler, chimney, whatever ) - and 30082 seemed identical to 83 at my required date & area ............... I did print it off so it'll be buried under something at home, somewhere. Unfortunately, Dapol then noticed that these two locos are the Drummond version and decided to change production to Adams 30089 without telling anybody .................................................................. anyway, wouldn't be the first smokebox plate I've scraped off - and it's only black paint if needed !

• Like 1

Somewhere, somewhere on this marvellous interweb thingy, I found a page that detailed the differences ( boiler, chimney, whatever ) - and 30082 seemed identical to 83 at my required date & area ............... I did print it off so it'll be buried under something at home, somewhere. Unfortunately, Dapol then noticed that these two locos are the Drummond version and decided to change production to Adams 30089 without telling anybody .................................................................. anyway, wouldn't be the first smokebox plate I've scraped off - and it's only black paint if needed !

Guess its time for me to find my required prototype at the correct time... if the tank top details are separately applied it might make things easier! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It's just that the rather old EP image I have seen seems to show a row of dimples where, well, almost where, on the prototype it appears that a row of holes should be.  I wondered if that was still the case.

• RMweb Gold

It's just that the rather old EP image I have seen seems to show a row of dimples where, well, almost where, on the prototype it appears that a row of holes should be.  I wondered if that was still the case.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem so long as there are the right number of dimples and they are correctly located.

Rows of small holes are quite tricky things to represent well in injection mouldings and it's the work of moments with a pin vice to transform a dimple into a hole.

Personally, I'd far rather have to do that than (possibly) having over-sized holes to deal with.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

It shouldn't be too much of a problem so long as there are the right number of dimples and they are correctly located.

Rows of small holes are quite tricky things to represent well in injection mouldings and it's the work of moments with a pin vice to transform a dimple into a hole.

Personally, I'd far rather have that to do that than (possibly) having over-sized holes to deal with.

John

I agree.  The placing of the dimples seems to be the more significant aspect.

It would be preferable if any corrections could be achieved without wrecking the cosmetic finish.  This is particularly so where the non-plain black liveries are concerned. I wouldn't fancy changing the position of a boiler band on the brown job, for instance. 

Has anyone heard any further whisperings of delivery dates for the B4? Hattons still say January-March.

I'm sure that not everyone is keen on a post just asking the above question, so will include a shot of Normandy in 2013 in the yard at Sheffield Park. I do have some shots of it in steam from a rather enjoyable afternoon around 2004 but am unable to put my hands on them, so this will have to do!

9173952_orig.jpg

• Like 7

Has anyone heard any further whisperings of delivery dates for the B4? Hattons still say January-March.

Would like to know also.

That Picture of Normandy is fantastic, would love to see more if you can find them

I'm sure that not everyone is keen on a post just asking the above question, so will include a shot of Normandy in 2013 in the yard at Sheffield Park. I do have some shots of it in steam from a rather enjoyable afternoon around 2004 but am unable to put my hands on them, so this will have to do!

9173952_orig.jpg

Now, if that was a Hornby teaser, we could expect them to announce a u-boat for 2019 !

• Like 2

Now, if that was a Hornby teaser, we could expect them to announce a u-boat for 2019 !

B4 there was U....

Actually Hornby USA did offer a U Boat...GE U25C.....

Edited by autocoach

I have dusted off the external hard drive and searched through all my Bluebell photos. I think the memories are better than my photos of Normandy! Here are the acceptable 2... taken in 2004 and 2007. The 2004 photo shows the semi-royal saloon and Eagle, now departed. Not sure if the semi-royal remains at the railway but if it is still there I understand that it is unwanted.

post-7423-0-91624400-1517259363.jpg

post-7423-0-06454900-1517259375.jpg

• Like 3

A real shame! I'd have thought there would be quite a few who'd be keen to have it.

Seemingly still in the curry house car park according to http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=582 : http://mumbai-central.co.uk/welcome.php seems to be more up to date than https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1371591-d3217680-Reviews-Calcutta_Club-Halstead_Sevenoaks_District_Kent_England.html ............ not where a railway carriage SHOULD be, but looks like it's being appreciated !!?!

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on the "Due into stock between January 2018 & March 2018" guesstimate ?

Gaugemaster posted the February and March proposed release programmes by Dapol in early February and the B4s weren't listed, so unlikely to be before April. It looks like Dapol have a large release programme of 'O' gauge GWR panniers proposed for March, as well as sundry 'O' gauge wagons, also the 'n' gauge Class 68 and 142 are both listed as new releases in Feb/March so that may be sapping their production and funding capacity