Dapol 00 Gauge LSWR B4

ndg910

Looks absolutely gorgeous ! Well done so far Dapol. Looks like the long wait will be well worth it. Mother always said, "Good things come to them that wait".

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks nice. I can see one or two heading my way to hold hands with a Hornby Peckett.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm going to tell my wife on you for giving me ideas! :P   :jester:

Gulp!

• RMweb Gold

Looks great, the pre-order seems a long long long time ago perhaps I will get in time for Xmas! Only compliant is that Bl"£$Y awful looking tension lock coupling.

I hope the people at Dapol manage to get a quart into a pint pot. Decent motor, space for a sugar cube speaker and stay alive and plenty of weight. A flywheel would be nice as would some form of compensation. Have I just requested it in 0 scale? Ditch the compensation and flywheel and use the space for more weight!

I hope the people at Dapol manage to get a quart into a pint pot. Decent motor, space for a sugar cube speaker and stay alive and plenty of weight. A flywheel would be nice as would some form of compensation. Have I just requested it in 0 scale? Ditch the compensation and flywheel and use the space for more weight!

If I remember rightly, when Dapol were going to do the other Southampton Docks regular - the USA tank - the idea was to cast the chassis in depleted uranium .... or something similar ....... for extra weight : that didn't happen when others completed the job - but it might be a good idea this time !!?!

If I remember rightly, when Dapol were going to do the other Southampton Docks regular - the USA tank - the idea was to cast the chassis in depleted uranium .... or something similar ....... for extra weight : that didn't happen when others completed the job - but it might be a good idea this time !!?!

Tungsten, possibly? I think that might have been used in the (steam) Sentinel. Not a bad idea if it can be managed.

I would like to see them get those depleted uranium chassis through customs!

• RMweb Gold

Looks great, the pre-order seems a long long long time ago perhaps I will get in time for Xmas! Only compliant is that Bl"£$Y awful looking tension lock coupling.

Which will go straight into the dustbin, so far as mine is concerned.............

They go with the r-t-r territory, I'm afraid and those of us unwilling to put up with them develop the modest skills needed to do something about it. 

John

• RMweb Gold

Looking good. Now I just need the U, Q and G6 and that will be pretty much all the BR(S) Western Division done... ;)

Also 0395, D.15, G.16, H.15, H.16, S.15 (Urie) W, Z, and several more, depending on which bit of the Western Division and what exact period one follows.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

Did these ever travel to the South East in SR days? It looks like a wonderful model but my South Eastern layout is already over populated with ex LSWR stuff because that's largely all that is on offer at the moment :P

Yeah! Tell me about it.

I do crossover between SECR and Bluebell.

• RMweb Gold

Is there a reason in particular that the ex LSWR is modelled quite generously compared to ex LBSCR / SECR or just coincidence?

Far more attractive locomotives which ran over very appealing routes.

Simply the best of the constituent companies which went on to make up the Southern.

Seemples.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Is there a reason in particular that the ex LSWR is modelled quite generously compared to ex LBSCR / SECR or just coincidence?

Far more attractive locomotives which ran over very appealing routes.

Simply the best of the constituent companies which went on to make up the Southern.

Seemples.

Rob

I'm not so sure that's the reason (though it's a good one). I think the ex-LSWR models aren't actually that many. Much of what ran over the LSWR metals were Southern locomotives (S15, West Country/BoB, Schools, King Arthur, Q1, Merchant Navy). The ex-LSWR ones are really only the likes of the M7 (which also ran elsewhere), 700 and T9. However add in the O2 and Well Tank and it starts to look a little lopsided, but those were Kernow commissions and Kernow like to focus on what ran in Cornwall, which had quite an LSWR bias. I'm sure the E4, Atlantic (when it arrives) and the H are the 'beginnings' of the coverage of the other two companies.

Still need a U though ;)

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

Still need a U though ;)

That's a mystery to me why no one has come up with one of these. I'm convinced it would sell extremely well. Edited by PhilH