Glasgow George Square

taybridge

• 2 weeks later...

2 kits of the Peco roofs "completed" (making four roof sections in total). Another five or six kits (10 or 12 sections) are on their way from an online store...

The final configuration is going to be something like four sections deep by three to four wide.

This is going to be fun..

post-6913-0-14785000-1333891381_thumb.jpg

post-6913-0-32087200-1333891398_thumb.jpg

post-6913-0-16224200-1333891420_thumb.jpg

post-6913-0-45110400-1333891439_thumb.jpg

post-6913-0-11435600-1333891453_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Six more Peco station roof kits have arrived. That's 12 more roof sections... 3 times as many as I have made already. It's going to take a whole day just cutting the parts off the sprues, and another day of airbrushing. When oh when am I going to find the time??? :scratchhead:

The buses look good. Just a wee bit out of period for the 80s, though. These Lodekkas are more 60's and 70s. In 1979 the Scottish Bus Group also changed their logo so if you are looking at 1980 they should probably have Central Scottish logos with the three quater saltire rather than the CENTRAL logo. Not sure these buses would have lasted that long though . I think corgi have a new "Y" type single decker in Midland Scottish blue coming out that might be more suitable.

Sorry reading this through it sounds a bit pedantic! Just thought you should know.

• 4 weeks later...

The "authorities" have ordered some new buses to go alongside the Central Loddekas and Glasgow Corpy buses already in the stable:

http://www.ehattons.com/42674/EFE_Diecast_Buses_Vehicles_25811EFE_Daimler_DMS_bus_Western_Scottish_/StockDetail.aspx

http://www.ehattons.com/52175/EFE_Diecast_Buses_Vehicles_38301_Alexander_Y_Type_Bus_Western_SMT/StockDetail.aspx

Plus a fictional Glasgow George Square station - Glasgow Airport bus:

http://www.ehattons.com/51072/EFE_Diecast_Buses_Vehicles_36203_RMA_Routemaster_double_decker_bus_trailer_British_Airways_/StockDetail.aspx

and a few black cabs for a cab rank too.

Is that upside down one how the buses would look to someone from Australia?? :no:

Heh heh.... my railway generally is viewed through my rose tinted spectacles as well as being upside down.

Something to do with photos taken by iphone. They seemed to be the right way up when I loaded them. All my other photos are usually taken with a Nikon that knows which way is up :no:

Well done. As you might suspect I like the Western buses!

I must admit the Lodekkas look absolutely fantastic. I lived in Dundee when young, and recall the introduction of Routemasters on the Carnoustie/Monifieth-Dundee routes. They were much older than the buses they replaced, but the service was far better.. a much faster service. No less reliable either.

It's a shame that the new "Routemasters" to be introduced to London are frankly nothing like the originals. A wasted opportunity.

• 1 year later...

It's been a while, but I have now got my layout up and running with DCC, and I am making very good progress this Christmas on the remaining Peco station roof kits.

My son is approaching 3 now, and is wanting to "go up to the loft to see trains" :-) so it's all systems go to get the railway decommissioned :-)

• Like 1

It's been a while, but I have now got my layout up and running with DCC, and I am making very good progress this Christmas on the remaining Peco station roof kits.

My son is approaching 3 now, and is wanting to "go up to the loft to see trains" :-) so it's all systems go to get the railway decommissioned :-)

Oops! I meant REcommissioned!