Marcus 37

Strictly tractors only. Not saying I wouldn't do a 68 for haulage but flagging a tractor to do it would be sacrilege.

In an age where loco hauled is rare I have to respect you for that  ;)

Edited by Iron Horse

The base colour will stay white for the time being until it gets weathered. I won't do it yet until I've perfected the finish I want on something else. Don't particularly want to ruin it just yet!

The building at Peak Forest itself is still very white but does appear to have a light greyish weathing which I guess is just from the stone dust.

I'd say that's the only thing left that would take this from 99% layout to a 100% one - a light coating of stone dust on everything. You could probably cheat it on here by taking some photos and desaturating them in Photoshop or something like that.

• RMweb Gold

Greetings from Lowestoft.....

Pah! Been there, done that!!

https://flic.kr/p/Tereb4

Except I was lucky enough to be driving it!

Must admit I've done Lowestoft twice now, once from Norwich and it's a fantastic little line, the east Suffolk back via beccles is a cracker though, one to really think about when driving, so many AHB crossings and odd speed restrictions on it, crossings with plungers to push, a lovely run

I rode out to get Yarmouth the other weeks in the cushions on a test train, we went via Berney arms, should have been via acle but as we were late they sent us the other way instead to pick up time

• Like 1

Hi Trev

Chibble scooping has been happening quite a lot lately. Back to more mundane stuff  this week though. Is DP the signaller at Mantle Lane. Dark wavy hair and glasses. If so I do as I've had a cuppa with him on a few occasions when I've relieved the Chibbles there.

Cheers

Marcus

Gotta get them in!

DP is the senior FLHH team leader who was (and possibly is) still based at Bardon.

I know he's all over the place - Barham PF, etc.

Cheers

Trev :)

I'd say that's the only thing left that would take this from 99% layout to a 100% one - a light coating of stone dust on everything. You could probably cheat it on here by taking some photos and desaturating them in Photoshop or something like that.

I've got to say East West Divide I agree with you 100%. It's an area I really want to perfect before I go attacking my buildings and for that matter, my rolling stock as well. One of my pet hates is poorly executed weathering jobs. As I've now got the old loading shed sitting up in the loft that will be the ideal piece to practice on now.

Pah! Been there, done that!!https://flic.kr/p/Tereb4

Except I was lucky enough to be driving it!

Must admit I've done Lowestoft twice now, once from Norwich and it's a fantastic little line, the east Suffolk back via beccles is a cracker though, one to really think about when driving, so many AHB crossings and odd speed restrictions on it, crossings with plungers to push, a lovely run

I rode out to get Yarmouth the other weeks in the cushions on a test train, we went via Berney arms, should have been via acle but as we were late they sent us the other way instead to pick up time

Can't be all work and no play though Jim. Had a very relaxing day whilst enjoying some nice really ales. You're right though, it's a lovely part of the world. Think I'll be doing it again very soon. Just need 424 to come out to play.

• Like 1

Now no laughing please as this is a first attempt. Oh go on then if you must.....

Thought I would have a play around with the spare body shell I had in the loft to see how I got on with trying out weathering. The chassis has been pinched from under one of my other 37s for the time being.

Here's a couple of pictures how I've got on. I'll let you guys decide but personally I'm not overly impressed so far.

post-18515-0-08410300-1492802468_thumb.png

post-18515-0-28785300-1492802505_thumb.png

• Like 3

Great Video Anthony, some wonderful angles as well, BRILLIANT.

Marcus, I would say that if you washed off the Loco in downward motions with  Cotton Bud you should see a totally different Loco emerge, Clean but Dirty if you know what I mean mate.

Failing that bring it around some time when I'm doing a weathering job.

Dont give up though because each one will get loads better.

Hi Marcus,

That new building is some size and really looks the part on the layout especially compared to the real photo.

The Humbrol weathering powders might work for that dusty look not sure if there is a suitable shade if not Carrs did some that might work.

All the best

Mark