Marcus 37

Now it's got a bit lighter. I've been hired out to the competition today. A rather chilly and gloomy Small Heath yard with 66083 unloading stone from Mountsorrel.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Finished at dinner time so maybe some modelling time later if I'm not too Kn*ckered. HaHa

Small Heath.....is that Birmingham ?

• RMweb Gold

Now it's got a bit lighter. I've been hired out to the competition today. A rather chilly and gloomy Small Heath yard with 66083 unloading stone from Mountsorrel.

My god isn't it sacrilege to be hired to the red team? Despite the fact that I worked for them its not something I admit in public .. oh, oops! :) Good to see inter-company assistance in this day and age however, and the customer got his train.

Layout is coming on Marcus, that fencing looks superb. Looking forward to the arrival of my centre-headcode Railfreight red-stripe 37 in a few weeks time once Heljan release them in O gauge!  Those pics of 37678 at Peak Dale show me what I'm missing!

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Small Heath.....is that Birmingham ?

It's Between tyseley and moor st on the chiltern line

Thanks for the correct Jim - was kind of on the right track, just a bit too far north and about 5 miles away ! :)   My memory ain't what it should be!

Rich

Having a bit of a bash........come on, we need the move details and the mileage!!!!!!!!!!! :locomotive:

05:15 Carlisle to Grange over Sands 409

Breakfast

Unit to Barrow ( Could have done 409 coming back but the connections a bit tight at Barrow and didn't really want to miss 402.

11:40 Barrow to Carlisle. 402

14:37 Carlisle to Dalston 402

Beer time at the Blue Bell Inn

Unit to Wigton

16:59 Wigton to Carlisle 409

Haggis & Chips

18:08 Pendo back to Brum.

Nice pleasant day. Need to work out the mileage still.

• Like 6

I suppose I better put up some modelling pictures as I have actually been doing a bit. I've made up some crash barriers for along side the quarry road to stop any errant diggers crashing onto the track.

Once again made up from various profiles of plastistruct.

Having made them up and painted them over the last few days I've added them to the layout this afternoon. I've also starting to add some weeds around the track as well.

A couple of pictures below.

post-18515-0-87556400-1487697992_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-29845900-1487698014_thumb.jpeg

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Marcus 37
  • Like 6

What ticket did you use.........I like that move ;-)

How did you get there to start? I'd like to do the Anglia's but they are @@@@@ to get to from Crewe!!!!!

Thanks for the pics. I'm lucky somehow I kept every move book I ever had........

Hi mate

You're going to hate me now. As I started in BR days I've still got my free travel. We stopped in a Premier Inn in Carlisle the night before.

It's an early start for me for the Anglias as I need to catch the 05:19 out of New Street and change at P'boro. Get to Norwich at 09:13.

Determined to find that damn book. As I say I've had it since 1995 and it's the stay at home copy. Really miffed as to where it's got to.

• Like 1