Marcus 37

I have a couple of dozen Heljan locos all with Bachmann 36-553 decoders in (unless they have sound) all run perfectly as long as the wheels are clean. I use the Gaugemaster Prodigy system and usually set the TV to 16 to slow them down and they all run smoothly at all speeds.

I've just set my TV to 16 and it's certainly slowed the loco's down. In fact they've stopped as I'm now watching the QVC shopping channel. HaHaHa!!

Sorry Temraire. Just my warped sense of humour.

Thanks Shed. Just soaking some more sea foam out side at the moment. Might get up in the loft in a bit as its quiet cloudy today so the temperature might be a bit more bearable. In fact we've just had a few drops of rain as I was putting the bowl of sea foam in the shed.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Any new 37s Marcus??

cheers neil..

Not at the moment mate. Apart from spending on scenic items I'm saving up for the purchase of the year. The rake of RMC hoppers. Well that's if they don't get delayed......again!!

Oh and I've got a nice Construction Class 60 on the way. Another masterpiece by Cav (RBE)

Edited by Marcus 37
  • Like 5

Hi Marcus,

Could I ask what RMC hoppers you are talking about please?

Chris

Hi Wrighty

This one mate

post-18515-0-67304400-1469550369_thumb.jpg

They operate out of the Cemex Dove Holes Quarry at Peak Forest.

This one, like most of them now, has been debranded.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 4

Hi Wrighty

This one mate

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

They operate out of the Cemex Dove Holes Quarry at Peak Forest.

This one, like most of them now, has been debranded.

Cheers

Marcus

I had a few of them when I had Kingsmill.

post-9335-0-84777400-1469550895_thumb.jpg

And some of these.

post-9335-0-64464600-1469551005_thumb.jpg

SOLD em at about a TENNER EACH back in 2009 and thought I'd done well.

WISH I STILL HAD THEM TODAY,

I could have SOLD EM TO YOU for THIRTY QUID A PIECE. hahhahah

• Like 1

The roadstone hoppers are a must for you Marcus. Reminds me that I need to build and finish my rake of older NGS RMC hoppers for Burton on Trent. Of course they were bought for Millers Dale but the service went through BoT too so two birds and single stone came to mind!!

• Like 1

The layout looks good with the trees added, I also really like your signal box.

Will keep an eye out on that new 60 appearing though as they are nice locos. I've recently done 60057 Adam Smith in coal.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark

Must admit I'm looking forward to my 60 as well. Should be a cracker as Cav's weathering is superb.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

The roadstone hoppers are a must for you Marcus. Reminds me that I need to build and finish my rake of older NGS RMC hoppers for Burton on Trent. Of course they were bought for Millers Dale but the service went through BoT too so two birds and single stone came to mind!!

Ah yes, the Peak Forest to Washwood Heath service. Got a funny feeling it now runs via Leicester. There's also a Peak Forest to Walsall service as well but, not sure how long that's been running. That's formed of an assortment of box wagons including some ex scrap carrying wagons.

The Washwood Heath service was in a bit of peril the other day in the sleeper works sidings. There were about six wagons off the road when I went past.

Excellent work Marcus, I really like the way you have added the wood and blends in really well with everything else.

Thanks Chris. Welcome to the thread. I don't think I've seen you post before on here. Apologies though if you have. Never thought I would get to 50 pages!! Always like to welcome any new posters.

I've got about 10 more trees hanging in the shed drying which will be added soon. Then I just want to add a few more bushes and brambles around the bottom of the embankment and I will be happy with that part of the embankment. At the moment there's quite a few ready to plant trees off my old layout dotted about but these will get replaced with more sea moss eventually.

Im quite lucky on that score, I picked up about 25 BLI ones from a mate.

How much are they going for now?!

attachicon.gifJGA 1.jpg

Id love to get a full rake behind a 60... :)

Morning Trev

I've got a rake of the BLI babies. They're not quite as popular as the RMC ones. I suspect, due to there geographical area of operation. Although they get around a bit more now as you very often see them mixed in with the RMC ones. Like the RMC hoppers, they are now de branded. Funnily enough there's one here at Stud Farm in the cripple siding.

The new batch of RMC ones will be around £36.00 each with discount applied. Unless of course they go up in price before they're finally released. The release date has been put back three times already!!

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Marcus 37
  • Like 1

Thanks Chris. Welcome to the thread. I don't think I've seen you post before on here. Apologies though if you have. Never thought I would get to 50 pages!! Always like to welcome any new posters.

I've got about 10 more trees hanging in the shed drying which will be added soon. Then I just want to add a few more bushes and brambles around the bottom of the embankment and I will be happy with that part of the embankment. At the moment there's quite a few ready to plant trees off my old layout dotted about but these will get replaced with more sea moss eventually.

I've been watching the thread for a while now and have always been impressed with the work you've completed. Looking forward to further updates. Edited by Chris56057

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to report really due to being busy at work and having some building work done at home. Just so there hasn't been a complete modelling drought, I've brought the station building down out of the loft and spent a few minutes here and there on it when time allows.

This has included adding the window frames and doors under the canopy area, making a start on weathering the stone work and chimneys, painting the chimney pots and finally adding the glazing to the rear of the building.

A couple of progress shots below.

post-18515-0-30808400-1470334622_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-10207100-1470334641_thumb.jpeg

Wish I'd straightened the canopy support in the first picture.....Doh!!

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I think this is the first time I've seen some really close up shots of the station.

You've really nailed it mate, it's a superb bit of modelling, the colours and weathering of the walls and roof are spot on, and the whole thing is just excellent.

I wouldn't worry about one wonky support, I remember I posted a picture of Bakewell when I was doing the canopies, and every one of the supports was at a different angle! :D

You should be really proud of the station, It's brilliant.

Al.