Marcus 37

That barn is cracking Marcus!

The texture of the stone work and the weather is very good.

I ordered some of the seagrass trees, and they arrived yesterday. they're actually quite good! (they won't be after Ive butchered them lol)

Managed a bit more work on the barn last night and this morning. Having had two coats of Matt White, it's now had a wash of sandstone and light grey to weather it up.

Will do some more tomorrow when the front is properly dry.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You should have spent that extra penny or two and got a professional firm to do that corrugated roof - instead of the fly by night lot, you clearly employed there mate.

You know what they say - "For a ha'pence of Tar  .....  GluG!"   ......  and ... you cain't blame no-one but yourself, for being so miserly!

J

You should have spent that extra penny or two and got a professional firm to do that corrugated roof - instead of the fly by night lot, you clearly employed there mate.

You know what they say - "For a ha'pence of Tar  .....  GluG!"   ......  and ... you cain't blame no-one but yourself, for being so miserly!

J

A typical DIY Farmer bodge with bits rescued from the local scrap yard.

Hi Marcus,

Just having a quick catch up. The layout is coming on well the new scenics are really bringing it together. The barn looks great.

I might get the chance to see the real Peak Forest when I am over in September we are planning a few days at Buxton.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A little bit more done on the barn today. The end of the lean to wall has been weathered and ive added some rust to the tin sheets on the roof to give it that real dilapidated look .

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Right, that does it now! Just stop it, you're getting far too good at this!

Al.

Hi Marcus,

Just having a quick catch up. The layout is coming on well the new scenics are really bringing it together. The barn looks great.

I might get the chance to see the real Peak Forest when I am over in September we are planning a few days at Buxton.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the compliments mate.

If your in Buxton it's definitely worth a visit. It's only about 10min car journey away. Straight down the A6 towards Manchester and turn left towards Peak Dale in Doveholes village.

I've got the lads half term week off in October so that will my next visit up there.

You'll have to give us your itinerary whilst you're over just in case you're visiting anywhere close by.

Cheers

Marcus

Cheers Cav. I can think of one addition I'm looking forward to seeing on the layout. HaHa.

It's nice now as I can run the layout quite happily as it's virtually fully scenic which means I can just work away at my leisure on all the things like buildings etc. The other good thing is I can work on these away from the loft so if I can grab a few moments here and there before and after work I can. Plus it's not so warm down stairs either.

• Like 2

Hi Peter

Thanks for the compliments mate.

If your in Buxton it's definitely worth a visit. It's only about 10min car journey away. Straight down the A6 towards Manchester and turn left towards Peak Dale in Doveholes village.

I've got the lads half term week off in October so that will my next visit up there.

You'll have to give us your itinerary whilst you're over just in case you're visiting anywhere close by.

Cheers

Marcus

DONT LISTEN TO HIM Peter,  hAHAHHA, from Buxton, follow theA6 towards Manchester for about 2 Miles and turn RIGHT at the cross roads in Dove Holes.

post-9335-0-36989500-1467829797_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P

DONT LISTEN TO HIM Peter, hAHAHHA, from Buxton, follow theA6 towards Manchester for about 2 Miles and turn RIGHT at the cross roads in Dove Holes.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

You're right. it is RIGHT. DOHHH!!!

Now you know why I need those little lines of white lights on signals to tell me which way I'm going.

What I should of said is, get to the cross roads and Doveholes and take the No 4 route indicator.

Edited by Marcus 37

• RMweb Premium

Oh and when you get down to Peak Forest watch out for all the tipper lorries piloted by Lewis Hamilton wannabes!! HaHaHa. Or in Peters case Daniel Ricardo wannabes.

And don't forget to have a look a bit further down at Great Rocks Junction

Cheers,

Mick

Sorry for the rather brief modelling updates. Trying to grab as much time as possible before going to work.

Anyway here's some more progress on the barn this morning.

All walls now weathered and a start made weathering the main roof.

post-18515-0-05818700-1467895242_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-58650700-1467895258_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-69441800-1467895272_thumb.jpg

Still a bit more to do but, getting there nicely now.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 4

Thanks for the directions guys. I will check out Great Rocks Junction if I have time.

Marcus, We are still not sure of itinerary yet but heading to Scotland after Buxton. Will certainly let you know though.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Day off from work today so made a nice bit of progress. First off I finished the weathering work on the barn roof my giving the whole lot a dry brushing with some Humbrol 113 Matt Rust.

Whilst waiting for this to dry I went up into the loft and carved up some PIR to make a bit of a raised embankment for next to the barn. This was then glued in place and painted with an earth colour.

Whilst waiting for this to dry........there's a pattern occurring here........I flocked up a couple more Sea Foam trees ready for planting next to the barn.

After dinner I returned to the loft and put some static grass on the newly formed embankment and added the Sea Foam trees in situ.

I then planted the barn in position to see how it looked.

Well it then seemed like a good time for a photo call. Well it would have been rude not too.

So here's a few pictures......

post-18515-0-85585100-1468010758_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-28415900-1468010779_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-56724100-1468010792_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-44145800-1468010809_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-89446700-1468010822_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-08610100-1468010836_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-31815000-1468011109_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 6