Marcus 37

Afternoon all.

Some more modelling time this morning so thought I would have a go with one of the Sea Moss trees. With them being thoroughly dried overnight I gave one of the pieces a good coat of brown acrylic spray paint and left to dry for a couple of hours.

Once dry I have slowly built up the foliage using hair spray and static grass. The last time I made some I just used normal scenic scatter so though I would give static grass a try. From personal opinion it seems to give a lot better appearance and appears to adhere a lot better.

Here's a couple of pictures of the first victim.

post-18515-0-19919500-1467112090_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-30175100-1467112113_thumb.jpg

I have to say that I can now 110% recommend treating the trees with the PVA /Glycerine solution as they are just so much more robust and can except a reasonable amount of heavy handling. Definitely worth the extra effort.

Also I just made sure my footbridge still fitted after building. Although quite hard to see as it's still in white plastic here it is in Situ. Shall do a bit more on this this afternoon.

post-18515-0-52194500-1467112379_thumb.jpg

Cheers for now

Marcus

• Like 8

The trees look great Marcus. I have tried soaking sea moss in water & PVA but not the glycerine. Mine are a bit fragile so a trip to Boots is needed before my next batch!

Cheers

Hi Sam

Really does make all the difference mate.

Here's what your looking for.

post-18515-0-73423000-1467114281_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

Trees and footbridge are looking great Marcus. I will have to go down the seamoss route I think. I currently have some of the Woodland scenic trees and no matter what I try I cannot get them to look anywhere near like the product they advertise !! 

• Like 1

Hi Marcus,

I love the static grass application for the trees, it looks so much better than the usual flock.

Great tip about the Glycerin, I have loads of trees to do so sea moss trees are inevitable.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Strangely, it is also  ........

Afternoon all.
Some more modelling time this morning so thought I would have a go with one of the Sea Moss trees. With them being thoroughly dried overnight I gave one of the pieces a good coat of brown acrylic spray paint and left to dry for a couple of hours.
Once dry I have slowly built up the foliage using hair spray and static grass. The last time I made some I just used normal scenic scatter so though I would give static grass a try. From personal opinion it seems to give a lot better appearance and appears to adhere a lot better.
Here's a couple of pictures of the first victim.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have to say that I can now 110% recommend treating the trees with the PVA /Glycerine solution as they are just so much more robust and can except a reasonable amount of heavy handling. Definitely worth the extra effort.

Also I just made sure my footbridge still fitted after building. Although quite hard to see as it's still in white plastic here it is in Situ. Shall do a bit more on this this afternoon.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers for now
Marcus

Co-incidentally[?]    ...................................     just happens to be behind a very nice 37!!  .......   :jester: :jester:

J

Hi Marcus, Thanks for the chat this morning mate. The Trees and Bridge look really good, I've walked over that Bridge a few times to get to the end of the Yard for some photos.

Those trees look really good Marcus. I imagine they don't cost the earth too which is an added bonus. nice one.

Cheers

Trev :)

£9.50 off ebay and you can choose the size you want as well. Definitely good value.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trees-for-the-Wood-Box-Seafoam-Model-Railways-Wargames-various-sizes-/221742330251?var=&hash=item33a0df718b:m:mKLx9ly1Hel_5dnVEig_9RA

• Like 2

I've just taken a few pictures of the bridge in situ before I retire for the night. (Got a hot date with a pair of Class 20's at 5 o'clock in the morning!!)

post-18515-0-87516400-1467309773_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-10910700-1467309792_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-05509100-1467309806_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-99114800-1467309818_thumb.jpg

It's not fixed in place yet as I've got a bit more work to do on the undergrowth in the area before its permanently planted. Plus the underside still needs painting.

Cheers for now

Marcus

• Like 4

Swapped for  ............

I've just taken a few pictures of the bridge in situ before I retire for the night. (Got a hot date with a pair of Class 20's at 5 o'clock in the morning!!)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's not fixed in place yet as I've got a bit more work to do on the undergrowth in the area before its permanently planted. Plus the underside still needs painting.

Cheers for now
Marcus

.........   an ageing 40, no doubt!!  :O   :nono: :nono:

J

Edited by jcredfer

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers for now

Marcus

Are you on the underground stock move marcus ?

• Like 1