Marcus 37

Have been thinking tonight about eventual operations for the layout. I thought a good starting point would be to take a 24 hour period for Peak Forest South signal box on Realtime Trains. I know some of them are "Q Paths" (runs as required) but there's certainly plenty of workings to keep things interesting. Here's the 24 hour period below...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

Great stuff Marcus, are all the ZZ's Sleeping Drivers?

• Like 1

It only goes to prove - conclusively - .....................................

Great stuff Marcus, are all the ZZ's Sleeping Drivers?

.......................................................................................................  that railways run on Sleepers   ............   :sungum:  :sungum:

ooh I like a timetable!

Me too. Certainly gets the old grey matter ticking over. Getting all the stock in the right place to start with will be the first challenge. If Anthony's up for it I might try it out and video the outcome.

Will probably be easier once it's Under DCC control as I can see quite a few engines ending up on the South sidings. We'll give it a go though.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just catching up.

Nice work Marcus. Our new club layout is also based on PF, so keeping an eye on your progress for some tips/ideas.

Just waiting for my HIA's to arrive, then set to with weathering/graffiti. I can use them on New Bryford as a GBRf Arcow Quarry-Pendleton and then on DL as a FL operated Tunstead-Ratcliffe.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

Just catching up.Nice work Marcus. Our new club layout is also based on PF, so keeping an eye on your progress for some tips/ideas.Just waiting for my HIA's to arrive, then set to with weathering/graffiti. I can use them on New Bryford as a GBRf Arcow Quarry-Pendleton and then on DL as a FL operated Tunstead-Ratcliffe.Cheers,Mick

Thanks Mick

Looking forward to seeing that new layout start. If you want some more inspiration, hints, tips etc. take a look at Fordbanks Peak Forest revisited. It's an excellent layout and he's got loads of useful prototype photos as well. Well worth a look.

As for the HIA's you won't be disappointed. I deliberately backed them through the crossover and back in Anthony's video to show how sure footed they are.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

i think i might just go for a rake of HIA's, compared to the likes of the biomass wagons they seem an absolute bargain

Go for it Jim. You won't be disappointed. Check out Anthony's video at 01:33 and you will see how good there running qualities are too. And yes before you say it, it was more than 3mph propelling.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mick

Looking forward to seeing that new layout start. If you want some more inspiration, hints, tips etc. take a look at Fordbanks Peak Forest revisited. It's an excellent layout and he's got loads of useful prototype photos as well. Well worth a look.

As for the HIA's you won't be disappointed. I deliberately backed them through the crossover and back in Anthony's video to show how sure footed they are.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I've seen Fordbank's layout More inspiration.

15 HIA's have just arrived...... Blimmin' heavy. I may test them on the clubs roundy-roundy later tonight. 

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

You'd need a crew of 15 if all the ' as required ran ' !

I like the idea of a timetable - gives it purpose like the real thing.

Keep it up !

Yeah tell me about it. And twice as much stock probably. Will have a go soon and see how far we get before I run out of loco's HaHa!!

• Like 2

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I've seen Fordbank's layout More inspiration.

15 HIA's have just arrived...... Blimmin' heavy. I may test them on the clubs roundy-roundy later tonight. 

Cheers,

Mick

Yeah, they are heavy but it makes them run beautifully. I think I will be putting in fake stone loads rather than real stone as my 70 might barbecue itself. Mind you at least it would be authentic. Lol!

If you do get to run them stick up a picture as 15 will be a lovely long rake. Might increase mine by a couple as they ar slightly shorter than the JGA and should fit nicely in one of the long fiddle roads.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Go for it Jim. You won't be disappointed. Check out Anthony's video at 01:33 and you will see how good there running qualities are too. And yes before you say it, it was more than 3mph propelling.

you know what, before i read this post i was going to say your lucky your DSM wasnt stood on the bridge with a speed gun during some of those moves!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Managed to get to Modellers Mecca on Saturday and pick up some plastikard so I could crack on with the bridge.

Having had today off from work I've made a nice bit of progress on it. Here's a picture so far...

post-18515-0-05191700-1459705570_thumb.jpg

Hopefully get a bit more done on it tomorrow with the first job being fitting the coping stones.

Mean while there's been a bit of progress on the actual layout. The rail sides have been painted on the mainline and Ballasting started. More cable troughing has been laid and just needs the tops added and painted.

I'll try and post some pictures up later.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 8

Cheers Andy

Decided to go with stone parapet walls on this one so it looks a little bit different to the bridge by the station which has blue brick parapets. Eventually this will carry the mud pipe which was a prominent feature at Peak Forset until it was removed and the bridge demolished.

Marcus

• Like 1

Just managed to steal half an hour in the loft so here's a few pictures of what's been going on. Also placed the bridge in situ for a few pictures.

post-18515-0-53630500-1459714251_thumb.jpg

A brace of EWS 37's sit in the yard waiting their next turn of duty on Monday morning. Forgot to mention earlier that I've added some raised ground between the mainline and sidings.

post-18515-0-13732400-1459714392_thumb.jpg

60029 departs Tunstead with a loaded Limestone train.

post-18515-0-95650200-1459714523_thumb.jpg

Another shot of 60029 powering away towards Peak Forest. Once I've finished laying and painting the troughing the cess sides will be ballasted.

post-18515-0-81516800-1459714693_thumb.jpg

37706 heads through PDW with empty POA's for Topley Pike quarry.

post-18515-0-44304200-1459714821_thumb.jpg

70013 heads through with empty HIA's

post-18515-0-58345500-1459714991_thumb.jpg

Another shot of 70013

post-18515-0-92924000-1459715059_thumb.jpg

37425 & 673 run round their train in the goods loop.

post-18515-0-55783500-1459715402_thumb.jpg

A RF Redstripe 47 heads through with cement tanks from Dowlow.

post-18515-0-85053800-1459715603_thumb.jpg

And finally a rather busy scene with 37242 heading the other way with a loaded stone train having departed Dove Holes Quarry.

Cheers for now

Marcus

• Like 12

Thanks David. Coming along slowly but surely. A reasonable week at work this week means I should get a bit more done. I would like to get the troughing finished so I can get the rest of the ballast down. 

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Marcus 37

Thanks Neil.

Should look better when there ballasted although it will probably be more dust and weeds like the prototype. Once the major stuffs done I'm going to invest in a static grass applicator so I can add small clumps between the rails as well.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1