Marcus 37

Thanks Neil. They are just the old ones off the old layout at the moment that have been placed strategically so I could place the concrete troughing in the right place. The plan is to have working ones eventually. Whether that be Dapol, if they get as far as making a junction signal, or if not then probably MSE although I will have to find someone who can make them as my soldering skills aren't the greatest. Actually, non existent!! HaHaHa.

• Like 2

That would be useful as I could do with a local bus. There's actually a stop right outside the depot as I was talking to one of the DBS drivers who was waiting to catch it the last time I was up there. Anyway mate, here's that "Shed" line up as I promised.

post-18515-0-37060600-1445865752_thumb.jpg

Oh well that's probably the last time Cav will be appearing on here. He will have gone away in disgust. HaHaHa.

• Like 6

Thanks David 

Actually you popped in at the right time as the layouts been a bit stagnant for a while but, Ive just managed to have two good days on it. 

As for nearly finished.....I wish!! :no:

Shall be posting a few more pictures up later as Ive been working on the area between the main line and the quarry his afternoon.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 5

Here's a few more pictures from this afternoon. Work today has centred on the area between the main line and the quarry. The surface has been made up of loose grit which is then covered with dilute PVA. Puddles have also been added along with some undergrowth made from hanging basket liner which hopeful creates the unkept boggy feel of the area around Dove Holes Quarry.

Back to work tomorrow but, off again on Wednesday so the plan is to get some Slaters Plastikard to make a start on the bridge and the station. Will make a nice break from ballasting.

Here's a few more pictures from today's progress.

post-18515-0-71256800-1445890350_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-55002900-1445890367_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-62431300-1445890383_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-33963800-1445890398_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-88948600-1445890419_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-39219700-1445890435_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-62051600-1445890451_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-10764500-1445890477_thumb.jpg

Obviously it's still quite dark at the moment due to it not be completely dry. Once dry it will be weathered down by rubbing in some dry dust which lightens it down considerably.

That's it for now

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 7

nice MODELLING

ballast looks good

like your mix of PGAs

Cheers ESS 1 UK

Managed to cobble a rake together off Ebay so I have a total of 14 altogether being a mix of EX ARC and Foster Yeoman. Apart from the later Hornby wagons which were already done they have had the previous owners logos painted out and CAIB transfers applied just as the prototypes were done when they were transferred to Peak Forest to replace the ageing ICI hoppers on the Tunstead - Oakleigh limestone traffic.

Cheers

Marcus 

• Like 4

Not sure about those 66s Marcus, :jester:  The rest of the layout is looking very good though. I am not sure about the colour of your troughing, it looks a bit green. The signals look nice too always liked the Semaphores.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

Not sure about those 66s Marcus, :jester:  The rest of the layout is looking very good though. I am not sure about the colour of your troughing, it looks a bit green. The signals look nice too always liked the Semaphores.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

The Class 66 line up was staged for our resident shed lover, George.

Always nice to have models of what you've driven though.

As for the troughing I think it's the iPad camera exaggerating it. It doesn't look any where near that colour in the flesh. It's actually Humbrol Mid Stone that I've used. Also another colour that seems to be exaggerated is the rail side colour. It's no where near as orange as that.

Back at work today but planning to get the materials to make a start on the bridge and station building.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Looking good Marcus, I do like the last few photos looking towards the fueling point and bridge. It really captures the look of Peak Forest.

Now enough of this 66 nonsense, this is what you should be modelling:

Don't worry Gimley. We can definitely do that!! I'm going to start taking requests as Jimty wants to see 47145 at work next.

Marcus

• Like 3

Hi Peter

The Class 66 line up was staged for our resident shed lover, George.

Always nice to have models of what you've driven though.

As for the troughing I think it's the iPad camera exaggerating it. It doesn't look any where near that colour in the flesh. It's actually Humbrol Mid Stone that I've used. Also another colour that seemss to be exaggerated is the rail side colour. It's no where near as orange as that.

Back at work today but planning to get the materials to make a start on the bridge and station building.

Cheers

Marcus

I can't remember what loco's I drove though as a Shunter I didn't officially drive any. No worries re the colour some of the pics I take of Llanbourne look different when up on screen. 

I will be nice to see Jinty's  request of 47145 working some freight. I remember seeing it quite often at Eastleigh though I never did get a pic of it, I remember climbing into the cab to go up the yard to pick up a train and the cab was as tidy on the inside as the outside of the loco.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 3

Looking good Marcus, I do like the last few photos looking towards the fueling point and bridge. It really captures the look of Peak Forest.

Now enough of this 66 nonsense, this is what you should be modelling:

WOW, What a cracking Video, not good quality but I think that actually adds something to it, it certainly brought back some happy memories for me of days at Eastleigh, Didcot, Warrington, Doncaster and Newport etc. and of course going to Peak Forest with George T when I would come up from Hampshire to visit him.

SUPERB

Edited by Andrew P

Layout is looking awesome Marcus. Could you tell me which hanging basket liner you have used and where you bought them from please?

Chris

Hi Chris

No problem. It's from B&Q. They do a sheet about 4' x 4' and I think it's called multi liner. Think it's around the £5 pound mark. I've used two sheets of it so far on the layout. I think you can buy rolls of it off eBay cheaper but B&Q is only just down the road from me so it's just easier. Also it's good quality as well.

Thanks for the compliments on the layout.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2