Marcus 37

Here's a few more pictures of progress so far today. More PIR has been carved to shape to continue the cliff faces behind the depot. This is now completed as far as the small foot bridge which carries the footpath which runs along side the line.

Also as a bit more operational interest I've decided to reinstate the siding at the back of the fuel point which is no longer there. This will be for stabling the fuel tanks and the depots independent snow plough.

Link below shows a picture of the old siding with PCA tanks stabled.

http://myrailwaystation.com/FORMER%20LOCATIONS/images/PEAK%20FOREST%20STATION%20Ex%20M_%20R_%201988_jpg.jpg

At the moment I've just got a length of old track there to show how it will look.

post-18515-0-00201300-1441212877_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-10323600-1441212922_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-52629400-1441212968_thumb.jpg

Also whilst scouring the Internet for reference pictures I came across this

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7263/6868090138_6a53b27aab_b.jpg

Behind the 37 there appears to be either a cave or the remnants of some old mining activity. I'm guessing the later as it seems a bit to perfectly shaped. So I thought this would be something different and have incorporated it in to the cliff face.

post-18515-0-46879400-1441213329_thumb.jpg

Off to do a bit more after tea.

Cheers for now.

Marcus

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

That PIR work you've done is great, it really looks like the stone around Peak Forest, even unpainted.

The whole thing really captures the feel of the prototype.

I notice a sneaky station building there as well, did I miss that? It looks good.

Al.

Thanks Al

You want to see the loft floor. It looks like a miniature Tunstead after chipping away at that lot. A Job for Henry tomorrow.

The station is just an old Metcalfe kit off the old layout which is just there for play purposes at the moment.

I've added some colour now so I'll put up some pictures in a bit.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

Pics look good Marcus, even the Station looks ok for now, but the Fuel Tank is really a gem, well done mate.

Thanks Andy

The station building will do for now as it just sets the scene. I still need a trip upto Great Longstone to get some photos of the old station building there and hopefully get some rough dimensions.

I'm being a bit naughty as it is as I said I would complete the quarry before I started on anything else but, that sheet of PIR was just to tempting!

Thanks George

Construction was my favourite of the sector symbols. There's a 56 in my local model shop that I'm eyeing up at the moment.

The Hornby Class 56 is a great looking loco, one of their best lMO, l do prefer it in Coal sector, as l think it really suits a 56...

The Hornby Class 56 is a great looking loco, one of their best lMO, l do prefer it in Coal sector, as l think it really suits a 56...

Here is one of my re-sprays many years ago for Andy...long before the Hornby one...

post-7716-0-92175800-1441232937_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

It is available Peter. Its the go to material in the construction industry for wall insulation as its incredibly good at insulating and is fire resistant to boot.

Edited by RBE

It is available Peter. Its the go to material in the construction industry for wall insulation as its incredibly good at insulating and is fire resistant to boot.

Thanks Cav,

I might have to pop down to my local Bunnnings and have a look.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

The PIR is a great medium to work with. Been experimenting with it again today.

The picture below is another prominent feature of Peak Forest so I decided was it possible to carve it out of PIR.

post-18515-0-66546700-1441303850_thumb.jpg

And here's a couple of pictures of progress so far.

post-18515-0-14227100-1441303974_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-16841400-1441304063_thumb.jpg

The stone work was carved out with my multi tool using a flat disc for the bed joints and a small router bit for the perp joints.

I also got a set of curved points today to connect up the siding.

post-18515-0-42758500-1441304412_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

Here is one of my re-sprays many years ago for Andy...long before the Hornby one...

Hi George / Marcus, I remember you doing that one and its pictured on my Crammore Bridge Layout, you also did Lima as 60057 Adam Smith, and fitted directional LED front Lights.

post-9335-0-79819500-1441312369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

Hi Peter

The PIR is a great medium to work with. Been experimenting with it again today.

The picture below is another prominent feature of Peak Forest so I decided was it possible to carve it out of PIR.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And here's a couple of pictures of progress so far.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The stone work was carved out with my multi tool using a flat disc for the bed joints and a small router bit for the perp joints.

I also got a set of curved points today to connect up the siding.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

That's brilliant Marcus, well done, looking very good.

Yes both were GT re paints and the weathering was from a Rattle Can by me, and George made a Jig and produced sets of 3 LED's in a triangle to form the front lights on the 56's, I think I still have a set somewhere, and I fitted LED'S to my Lima 60's and 37's.

• Like 1

Cav

Totally agree, it looks sh*t!! I shall be sending out the tree surgeons straight away. It was in the box of trees off the old layout so I stuck it in for the time being. The others are a mixture of Faller and gaugemaster which I will be investing in some more of. Might even have ago at making my own when the layout is more complete.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3