Marcus 37

Yes its is nice if you can see inside. Not something particularly visible at exhibitions usually unless specifically designed a crowd feature but on home layouts with a camera you can get some cracking shots.

Morning all,

After a while we have managed to get some more videos done which have now been uploaded on youtube. Sorry for no fancy transitions as I didn't have time to add them. But anyway here is the video

Hope you all enjoy.  :)

Edited by Anthony 37411
  • Like 12

Very clever view-points Anthony           .................                      is Marcus doing the race driving as well?  ...   :locomotive:    :mosking:    :locomotive: .....

Oops - hat, coat, door, scram!

• Like 1

Morning all,

After a while we have managed to get some more videos done which have now been uploaded on youtube. Sorry for no fancy transitions as I didn't have time to add them. But anyway here is the video

Hope you all enjoy.  :)

Thanks Anthony, yet another excellent Video, well done young Man.

• Like 1

Very clever view-points Anthony           .................                      is Marcus doing the race driving as well?  ...   :locomotive:    :mosking:    :locomotive: .....

Oops - hat, coat, door, scram!

It was a scale 5mph backing into the sidings...Honest Guv!! :whistle:

Aahh  ...  yes, of course  ...  it must be my ancient grey cells having multiple "Mini-naps", whilst I was watching  ...  and turned the video into a time-lapse one  .....   :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

It was a scale 5mph backing into the sidings...Honest Guv!! :whistle:

.....................  an apology is clearly due to the careful 5 mph driver   ...   :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Nice seeing you both last week.

Like the idea Marcus where you said we could join the end of your layout onto the end of mine! It would give it a nice run from Peak Forest station through to Tunstead.

You will  have to make it transportable so we can go to shows with them both together.

All the best

Peter

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Like the idea Marcus where you said we could join the end of your layout onto the end of mine! It would give it a nice run from Peak Forest station through to Tunstead.

Peter

All we need then is for Cav to decide to redo Miller's Dale in 4mm, and someone to model Monsal Viaduct, I think someone's done Hassop, so then we just need Great Longstone, then it's me, and then Rowsley17D on the end, and we've just about got the line sorted :D

Al.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I had Monsal Viaduct but couldn't even fit it into my Shed.

Its now in the Mark Eaton Park Museum in Derby.

Oh Yes, I forgot you had that Andy.

I was just trying to work it out, at 4mm scale, a layout of the whole line between Peak Forest and Rowsley would be 1.4 miles long :O

I think I need a bigger cellar...

Al.

• Like 2

Hello Chaps

Just been reading the last few threads. Now there's an idea...... A layout 1.4 miles long, I like the sound of that.

Anyway had a set to today with an 8x4 sheet of Celotex. Luckily I won. HaHaHa!!

Thought I better crack on with the far corner of the layout before I did any more in the quarry otherwise I won't be able to reach. It.

Here's a few pictures of the progress so far.

post-18515-0-03162800-1438195194_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-13285600-1438195243_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-31512600-1438195293_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-77745300-1438195374_thumb.jpg

At the moment the basic contours have been carved and a coat of paint added to seal it all. The whole thing is removeable at the moment so I can work on it away from the layout which makes things a bit easier. The road needs a coat of filler over it to even out as you can see there are a couple of lips in it at the moment.

Also I've done a bit more work in the quarry. Where the road climbs from the screening shed Ive added the embankment which drops down to the head shunt. This was a bit of an experiment as I wanted it to be rocky but with some scrub sticking out of it.

I covered the embankment with hanging basket liner then added random patches of stone which was then covered in dilute PVA. Once dry I then pulled at the visible hanging basket liner. With a pair of tweezers.

I'm quite pleased how it turned out as it's got that unkempt appearance.

Here's a couple of pictures.

post-18515-0-00469500-1438196220_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-94913300-1438196262_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 10

Just a quick little project I've been experimenting with today. One thing that I'm going to need lots of is the rough Derbyshire dry stone walling so I've been trying out a method using the large stones left from sieving out the ballast.

Firstly I cut some slots in a piece of foam board 12cm long by 1 1/2cm wide. The piece I used was big enough for 8 slots. I then used a similar sized piece of foam board and placed a layer of cling film over it. The piece with the slots in was then pinned to the top sandwiching the cling film. I then filled the slots with the stone making sure it was firmed down sufficiently.

I then added 50/50 PVA. It was then left to set dry on the top. After a few hours when the surface was dry I removed the card with the cling film and placed it on the other side to allow the other side to dry as the PVA seals and leaves the inside still wet.

After a further few hours when the whole thing was completely dry I released them from the moulds and the finished product is below.

post-18515-0-98111700-1438547715_thumb.jpg

Any comments welcome please, but I must admit I'm pretty pleased how they've turned out.

You may also noticed in the background I've managed to accumulate a motley selection of four wheel hoppers in Foster Yeoman and ARC liveries. As per the prototypes that were used to replace the ICI hoppers I have set about obliterating the logos by patch painting out the previous owners logo's.

I have some Caib logos on order from Railtec. Eventually I'll replace the end steps with some A1 etches and on the Lima versions replace the wheel sets.

That's it for now.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Any comments welcome please, but I must admit I'm pretty pleased how they've turned out.

You may also noticed in the background I've managed to accumulate a motley selection of four wheel hoppers in Foster Yeoman and ARC liveries. As per the prototypes that were used to replace the ICI hoppers I have set about obliterating the logos by patch painting out the previous owners logo's.

I have some Caib logos on order from Railtec. Eventually I'll replace the end steps with some A1 etches and on the Lima versions replace the wheel sets.

That's it for now.

Cheers

Marcus

Oh dear Marcus,

I got rid of a full rake of 18 of those hoppers on that famous auction site, all reliveried into ARC Mustard, apart from 2 which were end of lease Yeoman with ARC over brandings, and individually numbered too. You should of said!!!

I like the walling idea, at least it dries thoroughly.

Did you enjoy your break in Sunny N Wales?

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 1