Marcus 37

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the nice comments folks. Unfortunately its been a bit slow due to the loft being unbearably hot over the last few days. Its looking a bit cooler today so may have a go at something this afternoon.

what they let you out of work!

ive got a couple of days off too and making the most of my shed time, back to it tuesday with the tanks between hatfield and tyseley, too heavy to stop at landor st and get up st andrews bank!!

I know mate. Whatever next!!!

Back in tomorrow on the Eastleigh - Mountsorrel NDS. Yep its a pain trying to get away from Landor Street with a heavy train. That Rylstone - Small Heath is always a struggle getting away.

Looking forward to seeing what this 59 will do as we've got some work with that. What time are you around as I'll keep my eye open for you. 

Made a nice bit of progress today by laying the sidings. Not quite so stifling today heat wise, although I did notice some slight movement in the track in places. A thunderstorm mid afternoon cooled it down a bit though.

With all the track down I can now concentrate on the scenery although it gives me even more chance to get side tracked and start playing trains :senile: MUST RESIST!!!

Anyway here's a few pictures from I took tonight. I also placed the fuelling point in its position on the fuel road.

post-18515-0-66445300-1436129037_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-01602600-1436129068_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-36188000-1436129094_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-88702500-1436129115_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-35878600-1436129142_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-37375400-1436129162_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-75662600-1436129197_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-60342000-1436129227_thumb.jpg

Apologies about the picture quality as they were taken on my camera phone due to a flat camera battery.

I have extended the sidings slightly as they will now comfortably hold nine bogie hoppers. The two short sidings both hold 5.

If not to hot on Tuesday or get called out for a job I will be cracking on with the quarry area.

Cheers for now.

Marcus

• Like 11

Right now rip it up and do it properly with handbuilt stuff!! Haha just kidding. You've got a good array of stock there!

Too busy gallivanting around the network checking how the platforms built at Burton on Trent and looking what the signals do!!  :derisive:

Never say never though. Only another 22 years until retirement!!

• Like 4

Hi Marcus, I'm still playing catch up after the storm last Saturday morning took out our internet for 5 and a half days, its coming on well mate, and you must be really pleased with it now. 

Some really good stock as well, any more Vids on the horizon?

Hello Andy / Neil

Will try and get another video up soon. Started work on the quarry yesterday by putting the dust down that was sieved out of the ballast. I haven't taken and pictures yet as it was still wet and white with PVA last night. Will have a look tomorrow to see how it's drying out and put some pictures up then.

I finally got round to running in 37510 so that will be appearing in the next video.

Also cut some more foam board for the concrete base that will be underneath the maintenance shed. I would have liked to have put a pit in the shed but Sod's law it sits right on top of one of the layout support beams.

Off work tomorrow so will be cracking on with a bit more.

Andy, I'm not surprised you're internet was knocked out. I hadn't seen lightning like that for a good few years. Quite spectacular but a little bit scary at the same time. Anthony certainly didn't like it too much.

Marcus

Coming on well Marcus, lofts are somewhat warm places in this kind of weather.

We used to have a freestanding fan unit, you put either ice cubes or cold water in it and it circulated cool air around for a good bit till it needed topping up as the water had gone warm, it really worked too.

For the life of me I can't think what it's called!!!

Never mind though, once the kids break up from school it'll rain till the second week in September!

I like the fuelling point, and your abundance of 37's.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Jinty, that fan sounds really interesting. Think I'm going to have a look into that because, as you say, lofts are unbearable in hot weather.

Anthony breaks up tomorrow and we go on holiday to North Wales on Monday so bring on the rain.....LOL.

Gauranteed   :OHave a good Holiday, anywhere near?Jinty ;)

Not to close I'm afraid. Talsarnu I think it's spelt. Just on the other side of the estuary from Porthmadoc. Going for a Great Little Trains holiday. Mind you it will probably end up as "Wet little Trains". HaHa.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You mentioned Great Longstone Station on my thread, as it happens I was there the other day, following some mates on a bike ride.

Don't know if any of these are any use to you?

post-17302-0-21897900-1436987344_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-69717700-1436987346_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-59377600-1436987349_thumb.jpg

post-17302-0-77074200-1436987352_thumb.jpg

• Like 5