New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

So Duncan, it looks like we're going to have to stick with dipping bits of hot bent wire into borax.

A monkey tail earlier today.

post-508-0-24750300-1466638921.jpg

Oooops. Sorry wrong pic.

post-508-0-33690600-1466638984.jpg

Another pic of one of the various types of tail.

post-508-0-70541200-1466639204.jpg

P

• Like 1

Sheesh, you would think they would make some proper leather mailbags to complement the Hornby offerings to go with the TPO sets. Of course they would need to be robust and compatible with the existing funny red things, but look a bit more like the real thing.

:)

Regards

Sheesh, you would think they would make some proper leather mailbags to complement the Hornby offerings to go with the TPO sets. Of course they would need to be robust and compatible with the existing funny red things....

You never know who might be having a go at these, though I'm not sure what grade of leather would be workable for 4mm scale. Not Pittards, surely?

You never know who might be having a go at these, though I'm not sure what grade of leather would be workable for 4mm scale. Not Pittards, surely?

Well scaled down 1:76 they'd need to be pretty thin.  Durex, maybe?

Now there's an idea. Doesn't matter if they're new or used, I suppose.....

Problem is, miniature mailbags made by Durex would probably only carry French letters.

I'll get my coat, shall I?

Some new stuff arriving this weekend.

LNER/BR loco lamp.

post-10324-0-45091900-1467750041.jpg

LNER design also adopted by BR for Eastern, North Eastern and Scottish regions.

And.....

At last.....

RIV  2' 01/2'' buffer with 16'' head.

post-10324-0-72874300-1467750280.jpg

Cast in two pieces to enhance the deep ribs on the rear of the head, head is a push fit in the buffer housing, will be available assembled and not.

post-10324-0-94136000-1467750248.jpg

RIV buffer will be in short supply for a few weeks as there is a waiting list for these.

Hope you like.

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 7

Yay. I've wet me breeks.

20 ton Iron ore hoppers and Hornby Ferry vans here I come. (Did I mention me troos are damp)

[serious head on]

Dave the buffer look superb. The way you've made them, it looks like it shouldn't be to difficult to spring the heads using a bit of 0.5 rod through the centre of the head. A plan is percolating  (along with all the caffeine) in the middle of my small brain. The heads,  with a few small mods look like they might be suitable for certain diagrams of the Airfix/Dapol 35t GLW tank too.

Yip yip

P

Hi All, the RIV/UIC/French buffer is now up on the website for purchase, some have already been packed for pre-orders but I can quickly do more if I run out.

The buffer is 2'-01/2'' with a 16'' dia head and comes in two parts which easily push together (code B038). These buffers were seen in the UK on Continental Ferry wagons, Military wagons and heavy hopper wagons as well as occasional fitting on other wagons. Prices are £2.50 or £3.50 pre-assembled.

Also available from last night are the LNER/BR loco lamps (LB04) which were most common on the Eastern, North Eastern and Scottish regions of BR.

A new size of wagon Oleo buffer is 1'81/2'' but with the alternative size head 18'' (BP06).

All in 4mm scale.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 1

Yay. I've wet me breeks.

20 ton Iron ore hoppers and Hornby Ferry vans here I come. (Did I mention me troos are damp)

[serious head on]

Dave the buffer look superb. The way you've made them, it looks like it shouldn't be to difficult to spring the heads using a bit of 0.5 rod through the centre of the head. A plan is percolating  (along with all the caffeine) in the middle of my small brain. The heads,  with a few small mods look like they might be suitable for certain diagrams of the Airfix/Dapol 35t GLW tank too.

Yip yip

P

Paul, hope ya breeks have dried oot by noo.

Dave.

Nicely desiccated thank you.

Just working oot how to mod the mounting plate to do one of these.

https://flic.kr/p/BFYrLq

I've seen a good few pic of the French minerals still running with them well into the sixties

Financial embarrassment precludes an order just the noo, but dinna worry it'll come.

P

Hi All, the RIV/UIC/French buffer is now up on the website for purchase, some have already been packed for pre-orders but I can quickly do more if I run out.

The buffer is 2'-01/2'' with a 16'' dia head and comes in two parts which easily push together (code B038). These buffers were seen in the UK on Continental Ferry wagons, Military wagons and heavy hopper wagons as well as occasional fitting on other wagons. Prices are £2.50 or £3.50 pre-assembled.

Also available from last night are the LNER/BR loco lamps (LB04) which were most common on the Eastern, North Eastern and Scottish regions of BR.

A new size of wagon Oleo buffer is 1'81/2'' but with the alternative size head 18'' (BP06).

All in 4mm scale.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Typo Dave - LP04?

Okay so with the success of the first RIV buffer how's about the one for the cupboard door 16t mineral wagon known as the 'French type', some of these kept their RIV buffers and screw couplings after returning to the UK. I've now found the info for it and it seems to be the same housing but with a 14'' head and only small ribs on the back so can be cast in one piece, sorry Paul.

Dave Franks.

So we're talking the two rib RIV buffer with 6 bolt fixing (but only two used)?

Thus:

post-508-0-14683500-1468506701.jpg

NICE AXLEBOX!

Every body needs a couple of Frenchie minerals on their layout. :smile_mini2:

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

So we're talking the two rib RIV buffer with 6 bolt fixing (but only two used)?

Thus:

attachicon.gifSNCF16tminSm.jpg

NICE AXLEBOX!

Every body needs a couple of Frenchie minerals on their layout. :smile_mini2:

Now that looks like a really old RIV buffer, The one I've seen on the web somewhere was the same housing as the one I've already done but with the smaller head.

Dave Franks.

Well, I've been tinkering with Mr Frank's latest products and lovely they are too. Unfortunately, I can never leave anything as manufactured.

post-508-0-94951600-1468542983.jpg

Modified LP04 LNER/BR lamp mounted on a Hornby K1 smokebox door and BO38 RIV buffer prepared for springing.

post-508-0-71432100-1468542991.jpg

Lamp on K1 Smokebox. Shame about Hornbys chronically poor interpretation and application of weathering.

post-508-0-26997700-1468542988.jpg

BO38 assembled.

Finally a boring vid.

Porcy

[unusual Disclaimer: I know Mr Franks of LMS models quite well & think the sun shines out of his orifice.]

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 4