The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

It is also possible that there are TWO (or more) new Mk 1 coach types on the way.

So far some hints are BSO -> not done in RTR to my knowledge

and an FO -> not down since Replica did them.

So some additional Mk 1 coach types??

The decision Hornby have to make, if they are going to produce further Mk 1 types, is do they make them to the more simplified style of the other Mk 1s in the range, designed in the 'design clever' period, or do they go for the more detailed style that they returned to with coaches produced since 2015.  

The decision Hornby have to make, if they are going to produce further Mk 1 types, is do they make them to the more simplified style of the other Mk 1s in the range, designed in the 'design clever' period, or do they go for the more detailed style that they returned to with coaches produced since 2015.  

I think the Mk1s are tainted by "Design Clever". I've found them more than adequate for my needs and would prefer a £30 coach compared to a £45-£50 one .

Come on, it's a BR standard First Open….

… but that may not be what they are going to produce, of course!

I'd a thought Hornby had caught a cold by producing too many 1st. Class only coaches. Just look at the number of recent Maunsell FKs still unsold.

• RMweb Premium

If Hornby do make a BSO and its to their budget standards, I will be pleased and annoyed at the same time. While not a hard thing to do per say, fitting a CCM to match that fitted to my Bachmann MK1s and adding the external water filler pipes is something I am not looking forward to undertaking

The same thought occurred to me but If legroom were to be provided under the tables then, as bigherb says, they wouldn’t come out of the mould. The thought of the cost of fitting separate table tops reconciles me to the brutal surgery of passengers.

To follow on from Hroths’s point, passengers were provided with sufficient legroom. Customers are not.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

14720613_10153865022975843_3702812106263

I initially though this was an image of some strange chocolate product,

But I am all FOr any new FOorthcoming coach types. Hope I can afFOrd one.

certainly looks like two rows of seating, with tables, 1 single seats facing one side, and a pair of seats facing on the other...

Not much room for feet though.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

Yes have to admit Foxtrot Oscar means something entirely different to me!

I'm hoping for a BSO , and hope we may have both in a range expansion. Probably makes sense lots of colour schemes , I think this would be a goer for Hornby. Is it an FK that Bachmann do? Is there any outward difference in body style between an FK and FO?

• RMweb Gold

I'd a thought Hornby had caught a cold by producing too many 1st. Class only coaches. Just look at the number of recent Maunsell FKs still unsold.

Hello Ceptic

The Mk1 FO is a 'different animal' compared with a Maunsell FK. The Mk1 has - arguably - much more potential, both for the latter-day modeller and manufacturer.

Brian Macdermott

• Like 1