Ashbridge BR 1980's and early 1990's (Closed)

CovDriver

I need to finish the overbridge and build some low relief buildings to give the layout a bit of depth then there is the station area I may have to scratch build a small booking office. Then place the signalbox on it's location off the end of the platform and fix the signals and make them operate.

That's pretty much all the jobs outstanding on the layout im hoping to exhibit it locally in 2018 then sell it on and hopefully look at a building a large roundy roundy layout in the attic.

Colin,

Have a chat with Solihull MRC, i know the exhibition manager and I'm sure he'd be interested in having the layout next november! 

You might end up being near Heath End if that goes!

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well the two days off I managed to do a few jobs on the layout firstly I painted the platform surface which is the wills paving slab sheets and peco platform edges a more realistic colour.

Also I have toned down the brick colour on the overbridge scenic break I'm hoping to complete the overbridge in the next couple of weeks.

Also I don't know if it's just me but now I'm looking at my layout in a different way I'm trying to make it realistic as I possibly can rather than it looking like a train set.

On the rolling stock front I've managed to laserglaze a Bachmann class 25 it's my first attempt and I was a bit nervous at first but it's a simple job really so I've started on a Heljan class 33.

I'm going to take Mark's advice and see about exhibiting the layout locally.

Cheers

Colin

Edited by CovDriver
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Cheers Rob for your kind words I see what you mean it does resemble Stratford upon Avon slightly. I'm now thinking that I should complete the scenics best I can then move it on and start the next project which I'm thinking is going to be 1980's diesel depot.

Cheers 

Colin 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well thats a Bachmann 2 car 150 DCC fitted for the layout to run in late 1980's era.

Im wondering can I have dummy point motors and semaphore signals at the same time I'm trying to keep it prototypical and not set the layout in a definitive period as I keep finding stock in the attic that I'd forgotten I had hence the 2 car 150 unit now being DCC fitted.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Was it really October when I last put a comment on here well I've had a a few jobs to do over Christmas around the house and of course playing trains on the 12inches to the foot scale layout.

I'm now at the stage of considering moving Ashbridge on as I'm a little bit bored with it the electrics are complete the point motors for the fiddleyard are wired up but not yet operational and the scenics are about 80% done so it wouldn't take much to finish it off.

I'm hoping to start something a bit smaller and I want to concentrate on a diesel depot/stabling point.

I'll try and upload some recent photos

photo's when I can grab 5mins to myself.

Cheers

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well I've finally decided to move Ashbridge on but I'm not sure how much to ask for it.

If anyone is after a layout that needs a little bit scenery work to complete the layout as everything else is complete the only thing that's not included is the NCE powercab as that's going to be used on the next project.

So if anybody is slightly interested then please drop me a private message.

Cheers

Colin

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Firstly apologies for the lack of updates and more seriously the lack of photo's I seriously lost my modelling mojo during February but it's back now with vengeance as there has been a load of scenic work carried out on the layout.

As I managed to pick up a great bargain from Hattons with one of the Bachmann 2epb units.

Also the semaphore signals have long gone (maybe for the next project) and I've installed a train-tech dcc colourlight signal which I'm very impressed with to be honest.

All being well if I can find my camera as we are currently having an extension built and I've almost finished fitting the kitchen.

I promise to upload some pics of the progress.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well it's been an absolute age since I've posted on this thread as we have had an extension built on the rear of the house sadly I'm already barred from any form of railway modelling in it.

But it's getting close to having a replica resin full size class 50 nameplate going on the wall.

There hasn't been any interest at all in the layout still being available for sale.

But I have got this which is surplus to requirements and is boxed and as new if anyone is interested then please message me.post-7076-0-98134100-1527793437_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

post-7076-0-68931600-1530357191_thumb.jpgpost-7076-0-74895100-1530357231_thumb.jpgpost-7076-0-87664300-1530357266_thumb.jpg

Here's the last three pics of Ashbridge to be uploaded on this thread as I won't be continuing with the build of this layout.

Im offering this up for sale as I need the space for the next layout project.

I'll start a new thread when I make a start.

If anybody wants to take this layout on then please message me for the details etc.. but the NCE powercab controller isn't included with the layout that's needed for the next project.

I'll give it a week or so then I'll have no choice but to break Ashbridge up for scrap.

Thank you for all the kind comments through the construction of Ashbridge.

Cheers

Colin

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

post-7076-0-71626000-1541497330_thumb.jpg

Well Ashbridge will be on it's way to it's new home this morning and it won't be the last you'll see of it after some work on it I do believe it'll be on the exhibition circuit.

Many thanks to everyone who's commented on the build of this layout.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 4