Hornby Merchant Navy announced (formerly Facebook leak)

miles73128

I Received a notice from a well known Liverpool supplier-source that indicated Clan Line was due in tomorrow (14th March) - according to their source in Hornby-land - So - Good things very soon it would seem!

• RMweb Gold

After having a chat with a member of Hornby customer services they believe the facebook post to be incorrect just the southern locos are here as of now and in fact he belived the BR variants wouldnt be here until august time

I Received a notice from a well known Liverpool supplier-source that indicated Clan Line was due in tomorrow (14th March) - according to their source in Hornby-land - So - Good things very soon it would seem!

Just got this official email from Hatton's:

"Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Tuesday 14th March 2017".

So tomorrow it is then.  If Hornby are saying the BR variants aren't coming till August I assume that means the next production run.

• RMweb Premium

Just got this official email from Hatton's:

"Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Tuesday 14th March 2017".

So tomorrow it is then.  If Hornby are saying the BR variants aren't coming till August I assume that means the next production run.

Do we have any reason to believe Hornby has commissioned two production runs of the BR versions? Surely there's only one production run of each model, which is the norm.

I've been advised both the two SR green ones are due tomorrow. So far though, we have only seen pics of 21C3.

Just as well, my 17 year old rebuilt Clan Line just started displaying motor problems at the weekend. Well the poor thing just keep being loaded with several Pullman's to take up inclines. I've given the work to a light pacific for now but that wheel slips.

One of these will do until a 71 with arrows comes along......

Guest Midland Mole

MN1.jpg

Wow Hornby have made a stunning model of a loco I have long wished to appear in RTR. I cannot wait to get her running. I doth my cap to them. :)

Alternative fact opinion by Angry Mole (aka Bachmann Bias Mole) - Wow what a pile of junk Hornby are once again trying to sell to us for an extortionate price! When will that awful company just fail and leave the hobby in peace? I for one cannot wait until Bachmann release their vastly superior version next year at a typically reasonable Bachmann price of £65! Enough Hornby, enough of your terrible snot coloured childrens toys! :angry:

Yours jokingly,

Alex :P

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

MN1.jpg

Wow Hornby have made a stunning model of a loco I have long wished to appear in RTR. I cannot wait to get her running. I doth my cap to them. :)

Alternative fact opinion by Angry Mole (aka Bachmann Bias Mole) - Wow what a pile of junk Hornby are once again trying to sell to us for an extortionate price! When will that awful company just fail and leave the hobby in peace? I for one cannot wait until Bachmann release their vastly superior version next year at a typically reasonable Bachmann price of £65! Enough Hornby, enough of your terrible snot coloured childrens toys! :angry:

Yours jokingly,

Do I need to inform the Men in Malachite of this individual (Bachmann Bias Mole)? They can be at your location in 20 minutes and have him at their 'Facility' 8 hours or so after that - they are dying to put someone in their newly repainted Green Room - washable walls of course (it can get rather bloody)  :jester:  :jester:

Do I need to inform the Men in Malachite of this individual (Bachmann Bias Mole)? They can be at your location in 20 minutes and have him at their 'Facility' 8 hours or so after that - they are dying to put someone in their newly repainted Green Room - washable walls of course (it can get rather bloody)  :jester:  :jester:

I dare you to weather one. Knowing that the green room is just around the corner....

• RMweb Premium

Had an email from Hattons today stating that Channel Packet was due in on or after 15 th March, so tantalisingly close now, I'm hoping that the next email reads ' Your order no .....has been picked for despatch'

Yours jokingly,

(Northern Hornby Mole Mode:) Don't forget that when buying this engine that operators should also purchase a Hornby Q6 to act as a banker should your Merchant Navy slip to a stand... or even slip attempting to get underway... or at the sight of a hill... etc

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just had a phone call from Derails Models to say my Flannel Jacket has arrived in Coleford, been tested, and is being repacked ready for delivery by DPD tomorrow. Now that is what I call exemplary customer service! Just hope it's got 3mm diameter axles for the drivers as I have a set of P4 Gibsons sitting here ready that were going into a modified but hadn't been started.

• RMweb Gold

I dare you to weather one. Knowing that the green room is just around the corner....

I have special permission and exemption, as does anyone else who has owned the entire West Country/ Battle of Britain Class in OO Gauge  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have special permission and exemption, as does anyone else who has owned the entire West Country/ Battle of Britain Class in OO Gauge  :jester:  :jester:

Ah I think that special permission and exemption only applies if you still own the entire West Country and BoB Class in OO!! Looking forward seeing the results of your labours with this, I suspect you will not be the only one, but probably the first!

All the best

Godfrey

• RMweb Gold

Ah I think that special permission and exemption only applies if you still own the entire West Country and BoB Class in OO!! Looking forward seeing the results of your labours with this, I suspect you will not be the only one, but probably the first!

All the best

Godfrey

I've had access to their rule-book, it says owned not owns :P

My Goodness that's pretty, It's almost enough to turn a bloke !!!!! :O

I dunno. Maybe they could have been better with capturing the colour of the prototype more.

post-7347-0-37539300-1489495946.jpg

Runs for cover...

Okay... that's enough... its nice to see a load of you really happy that your getting a model you really want.

Royal Mail has turned up not by Royal Mail though.

It certainly looks a stunning model, only mark down was a bit of excess lubricant on the bodywork in front of the cylinder. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Running qualities are superb, very smooth starting and running and that massive flywheel will keep it running on a few inches at low speed considerably longer at high speed so watch out for your buffer stops.

Img_3601.jpg

Img_3602.jpg

Img_3603.jpg

Img_3604.jpg

Img_3610.jpg

Img_3612.jpg

Img_3618.jpg

Img_3617.jpg

• Like 7

Guest Midland Mole

It is taking all my resolve to resist buying Clan Line when it arrives, but I have spent enough this month! :D

Plus I am still hoping a blue one will be done at some point in the future. :)

Alex