Hornby Merchant Navy announced (formerly Facebook leak)

miles73128

• RMweb Gold

John,

35028 Clan Line is due for release shortly (Hornby are quoting 29/03/2017); https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-mn-35028-clan-line-early-br.html

attachicon.gifr3436-clan-line-mn---side-rgb.jpg

Picture Copyright: Hornby Hobbies

Very nice, but unfortunately modelled as running in 1954 so still too early for me.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

I'm a Southern Region modeller and I'm finding these wholly resistible for a couple of reasons, notably that they are all to "early" for my chosen era.  

I have a shedload of Brunswick green Bulleid Pacifics but none (apart from a 92 Squadron bought for a project) in Malachite - in addition to it being inappropriate for my needs, I just don't like the colour. I've no idea why, but I have a similar aversion to LNER Apple green so it's not a one-off.

However, when Hornby make an air-smoothed MN as running shortly before rebuilding, there'll be no stopping me.

John

Those men in Malachite Green and Sunshine yellow striped robes, can cure you of that allergy to the Malachite Green one's.. ;) :P

Very nice, but unfortunately modelled as running in 1954 so still too early for me.

John

Hornby have tooled up the last original body with the valves sited at the rear of the boiler, but none of the first 4 Original MNs are to be released as such.

Probably just as well really since buying 4 at once would be expensive in my case, and this leaves me with something to look forwards too later. Hopefully with a second batch tender. Were any still running with the valves sited aft and with a second batch tender that was not cut down by then?

It is possible, that the aft fitted valve MNs will be paired with their rebuilt tenders that require some modification in the tender connection area. Which could explain why one has not appeared in the first batch.

Will I be sufficiently inspired to do my crownline kit now????

• RMweb Gold

Hornby have tooled up the last original body with the valves sited at the rear of the boiler, but none of the first 4 Original MNs are to be released as such.

Probably just as well really since buying 4 at once would be expensive in my case, and this leaves me with something to look forwards too later. Hopefully with a second batch tender. Were any still running with the valves sited aft and with a second batch tender that was not cut down by then?

It is possible, that the aft fitted valve MNs will be paired with their rebuilt tenders that require some modification in the tender connection area. Which could explain why one has not appeared in the first batch.

Will I be sufficiently inspired to do my crownline kit now????

Cut down tenders on MNs, pre-rebuilding were rare (only 35001, 35011 and 35021 ran thus equipped AFAIK).

Nobody is more surprised than I at the level of self-control I'm exercising. :jester:

John

Nobody is more surprised than I at the level of self-control I'm exercising. :jester:

John

You are not alone. Being historically minded, I like to get hold of the earliest version of a class available. However, Channel Packet is less representative than Royal Mail. Yes, I know every single one was different from its classmates and from itself six months earlier and six months later, or so it seems. The old solution of buying both just isn’t on with the price of these things, so it has to be one or the other. It has to be. It must be.

If Hornby brings out one in the same blue as the Kings, I shall resist but if one appears in the blue which Bachmann uses, I shall probably crumble. When BR painted the Bulleid Pacifics, the lining was very sympathetic and took account of the form of the locomotive. That was in contrast to the lining on the A4s – painting the boiler bands on the streamlined shape was a very poor idea. Subjective opinion.

• Like 2

Guest Midland Mole

Royal Mail for me. To me it looks the nicest out of all of them...but saying that I do love all of them. :)

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole
  • Like 1

...it has to be one or the other. It has to be. It must be...

Just a slight suspicion that the impulse of Hornby's Bulleid projectile may yet wreck the armour plate of fiscal rectitude then.

Despite all my resolve, if Hornby make a good job of the finalised form of the BR 8P blue livery, resistance will probably disintegrate chez moi. It may not have proved the best colour choice in terms of wearing quality in service, but of all the 8P classes it looked most at home - very crisp - in the scheme developed for the MN; and quite unique in livery styling for a UK steam loco, looking forward to what would be seen on the later superseding traction.

• Like 2

Guest Midland Mole

My excitement levels are steadily rising each day. They are within our grasp.... :D

Alex

Edit: If only I had been at work today I would have seen if we had a dispatch note from Hornby yet. Oh well, I will find out on Thursday. :)

Edited by Midland Mole

My excitement levels are steadily rising each day. They are within our grasp.... :D

Alex

Edit: If only I had been at work today I would have seen if we had a dispatch note from Hornby yet. Oh well, I will find out on Thursday. :)

What a lovely job! I never, ever lamented a day off. :cry:

I'm very excited for these too! The more I look at the photos the more I can't wait to play with one ;) , when I've shown the photos to friends who aren't really fussed about trains I get a 'wow!' out of them, my partner included haha. It's gonna be a beaut.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The excitement appears to be mounting, lets hope everyone gets what they ordered soon. I want to order some etched name plates from Fox. They are advertising the nameplate with either black or red background. Now I confess to knowing diddly squat about whetehr they should be red or black...so over to you experts, should I (or my Channel Packet) wear red or black? worse than my wife when she is deciding what to wear when we go out!!!

• Like 1