Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

The link to PayPal , is coming up with internal server error this morning, when trying to pay ? Anyone else ?

doesn’t work on either Apple device , same problem 

Edited by rob D2

34 minutes ago, dodge605 said:

Had that last week, refreshed page and worked OK,I think there was a msg on railtec page about it

Hi, thanks . I had a message from Steve it was actually a PayPal issue rather than a browser type problem this time round 

24 hr turn round from Steve - outstanding service !

And first time i'll be using the 3D shed plates - they look like a fantastic answer to no longer filing down etched plates tabs !

This is the fourth identity this Bachmann 37 has had - can't afford new Bachmann and awaiting Accurascale so this is my low cost solution !

EBCE0BE7-EB57-4E94-B497-49747455A617.jpeg

9CD16A88-92B4-4D69-9AC0-51E35D91837B.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant service from Steve once more. 

I ordered some BR/WR 3D printed numberplates/shedcode plates for my new Dapol Manor 7827. The arrived very promptly and with the usual excellent communication. 

Manor'isms

A great product and they certainly help to lift a lovely model. 

(*Nameplates are factory Dapol printed) 

Blog entry below...

Cheers,

Mark 

(Happy Customer!)

Edited by 46444
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

not sure if they check here too often but noticed the contact us page has been taken down for the time being. I have got a load of wagon numbers half of which can be covered using the custom tops panel order page but got 6 which are European? style numbering. 

will custom bits be available again in the future? I do understand you are incredibly busy with orders ect so no worries if not  

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, virginhst539 said:

not sure if they check here too often but noticed the contact us page has been taken down for the time being. I have got a load of wagon numbers half of which can be covered using the custom tops panel order page but got 6 which are European? style numbering. 

will custom bits be available again in the future? I do understand you are incredibly busy with orders ect so no worries if not  

If you have previously placed an order with Steve at Railtec, suggest you use that "reply to" option, but remove the old order number.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
Just now, RedgateModels said:

Too shiny for me

Klear before applying transfers; Klear over transfers to seal them; Testors Dullcote (or whatever you prefer to give the finish you desire).

Why DO people believe that they have to apply their preferred finish directly to transfers? It is a recipe for almost certain disaster!

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian - I’ve had problems in the past with Humbrol acrylic varnish blooming. I’ve recently used Vallejo acrylic gloss/satin/Matt varnish in combination with Railtec transfers with no problems. Fast drying and a joy to airbrush. They also work well with John’s transfers too. 
Neil 

Edited by Downendian
Acrylic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, RedgateModels said:

Well, Railtec say dust with acrylic varnish...... 

Klear IS acrylic varnish.

I now apply my transfers INTO wet Klear - that way the transfer film is immersed and sealed within the Klear, and NO carrier film is visible.

When dry, I spray Testors Dullcote for a completely matt finish.

You need to be confident with waterslide transfers to apply them into wet Klear - it dries quickly!

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Railtec transfers used to renumber a Hornby class 91.

I only use this method for small transfers like numbersets, don’t think I’m brave enough to try it with anything larger !

Old number scraped off with a cocktail stick ( or thumbnail !).

Transfer soaked in Klear, not water.

A brush is used to add a very small amount of Klear to the model where the transfer is to be applied.

Transfer slid onto wet patch on model.

Cocktail stick used to adjust position of transfer.

A cotton bud damp with water is rolled ( not dragged ) over transfer to remove excess liquid.

Allowed to dry fully, usually overnight, then a light airbrush coat of varnish over the top, in this case it was Humbrol enamel satin varnish, but I also use Humbrol enamel Matt varnish, depending on the finish I require.

As John says, you’ve got to be quick, but adding more Klear with a brush does allow more time for adjustments if necessary.

The speed is more essential for removing excess Klear from the model before it dries.

Best method I’ve found for eliminating the sight of carrier film, not that there’s much of it around the numbers anyway !

003DFF1A-110F-4F29-8BF0-31A65E827570.jpeg.f907a203e3955dfbc8105e6d529022bf.jpeg

This is the only time I use Klear, it seems to cause me more problems than it solves otherwise.

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Well, Railtec say dust with acrylic varnish...... 

I always wait a day or two to make sure the transfers have fully dried out before applying any coat over the top.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Massive thank you to Steve at Railtec models. My Heljan 45106 arrived yesterday and I quickly decided that what it really needed was some proper depot plaques. Having used Railtec 3d plaques, this was an obvious choice, but 106's plaques had a red background. I enquired if this might be possible and Steve quickly replied in the affermitive. The actual word he used was "absolutely". So within the same day the item was up on the website. Item Id PL2024. So if you have a 45106 and would like these, please let him know. Also suitable for 47186 as Catcliffe Demon in RfD and possibly others. If anyone knows of any other locos which sported red back white rose plated, please let Steve or myself know.

In conclusion, spectacular customer service, as always.

Kevin

Edited by apollo 079
Typo