NHY 581

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I'd just like to point out that nothing was ever proved and she's directing her energy to reintroducing native plants and flowers to our country's hedgerows.

I'd better watch out for a ninja type botanist jumping out from a hedgerow then. I'll let the Boss know as she likes to root amongst the hedgerows and I wouldn't want her to be startled by Miss Red Riding Hood as she gets ready to jump out and 'botanise me'.

Edited by Winslow Boy
Better witticism.
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

check the list against what is actually in stock ...... prior to leaving to avoid any retail duplication. I may well have failed to avoid  this in the past..........

That sounds remarkably familiar, I'm sure we have all had similar failures to avoid duplication in the past, I know I certainly have!

Edited by Moxy
spelling mistake

• RMweb Gold

Dear Wolfy

dont let the other boys get to you. If you look top right you should see your username with your avatar or just a coloured circle  and a down arrow by its side click there and you should have a list of options pick settings and the signature. There you can add a signature of your own  butthe is a slide button to show the signatures of others.

If you decide to add some witticism on your signature it will be there on every post you make so make it a good one

Don

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

One thing I must do is draw up a small list of things to keep an eye open for when at Wells

There's some sort of churchy thing there.

And of far more interest to anyone too tight to replace their old dimmer switches, a shop that sells filament light bulbs.

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

There's some sort of churchy thing there.

And of far more interest to anyone too tight to replace their old dimmer switches, a shop that sells filament light bulbs.

A few good pubs and cafes.

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Definitely a good thing. I've been making a point of lifting the covers on my layout each day for the same reason.

Although a bridge is a nice feature, even a small one can munch up a lot of baseboard unless it's very lightly engineered. 

Plus you can never really guarantee that it will still be there in the morning, no matter how many positive thoughts you have...

Especially if you leave a bus parked on it

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hope you make it to Wells today Rob, I didn’t manage to make it last year but went with my 92 year old Dad yesterday we thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Andrew’s Debut outing with Cheddar was one highlight, been following that for a number of years over on WT. 

Burnham on Sea and many more!

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

Hope you make it to Wells today Rob, I didn’t manage to make it last year but went with my 92 year old Dad yesterday we thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Andrew’s Debut outing with Cheddar was one highlight, been following that for a number of years over on WT. 

Burnham on Sea and many more!

Morning Ade, 

Fingers crossed I'll be leaving soon. Just sorting out some vehicle related  holiday adjustments.........

Rob. 

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Late to the party due to holidays, playing gigs/festivals and other fun stuff… happy to see you’ve got some mojo back Rob and the new ‘test plank’ aka layout looks bob on mate!

Jay

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Ade, 

Fingers crossed I'll be leaving soon. Just sorting out some vehicle related  holiday adjustments.........

Rob. 

Good to catch up in the car park - I hope you had a decent visit - and please do enjoy your manoeuvres in central Europe...

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/08/2024 at 21:04, NHY 581 said:

As you know by now because I keep waffling on about it, Blackwater, by virtue of it's simplicity,  lends itself to multi company, multi period operation. Change the station building, change the above. 

One possibility is 1930s Southern. And here's a hint.....

1000005504.jpg.c6ed555ee864cea2647addcd89f586fc.jpg

1000005503.jpg.3d01655f57e6b65739ffd0d1ef175246.jpg

1000005502.jpg.f8034915f693aa1f6754a1befe92f777.jpg

The Stephenson Clarke open needs a bit of work. In particular the hinge to the rear door is missing so a representation needs fabricating. There's a nice photo with one on the Selsey Tramway. 

Rob

I have an ageing paperback on the Brighton Terriers, details on each and every one.

It has your name on it old son.

I'll drop it into the retail establishment ( when you're back from the Memsahib's homeland ) - as I have modelling tokens to divest myself of..

Enjoy the break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/08/2024 at 00:25, MrWolf said:

I'd just like to point out that nothing was ever proved and she's directing her energy to reintroducing native plants and flowers to our country's hedgerows.

Triffids?

• Funny 5

11 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Triffids?

That's Japanese knotweed and definitely not a native species!*

*Also why we got away with having that barrel of Agent Orange in the cellar....

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

I know it started as a trial plank, but Blackwater Pier is shaping up to be a lovely little layout! Keen to see it and the departure from SSOP develop further @NHY 581

What’s the origin of the Stevenson Clarke wagon please?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I know it started as a trial plank, but Blackwater Pier is shaping up to be a lovely little layout! Keen to see it and the departure from SSOP develop further @NHY 581

What’s the origin of the Stevenson Clarke wagon please?

Hi Nick. 

Thank you. I'm really pleased with not only how Blackwater Pier is coming together but also the effect it's having on my enthusiasm which was suffering a tad. 

Re the SC wagon I've sent you a PM. 

Rob. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Enjoy the well earned break (hoping your sheepmobile is okay) - currently floating on a canal barge outside Ellesmere on the Llangollen Canal* and first time I’ve had proper internet signal to browse RMWeb for days!

Chugged by Chirk yesterday … only upon sitting down with the Canal Guidebook did I see the word “Dapol” and realise I had passed by their HQ without visiting! Mind you, we are on a tight schedule to be back at base for 9:00am Saturday!!

Steve S

* I know it’s actually a branch off the Shropshire Union etc, but Llangollen Canal sums it up better!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...