NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That will probably cover the next six layout themes then!

Ummmm.............

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Not if you knew what I bought....

I know what he's bought..........

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Gilbert said:

Does "customer confidentiality" meaning anything to you....?

🤐

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Gilbert said:

Pass the Kleenex...

Quite. 

Unusually, it is in relation to an existing layout rather than something which will kickstart a new project.........as one...cough....has enough of.....cough......those.....Or so it would appear to the unwary. 

• Friendly/supportive 5

14 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Quite. 

Unusually, it is in relation to an existing layout rather than something which will kickstart a new project.........as one...cough....has enough of.....cough......those.....Or so it would appear to the unwary. 

You just can't help yourself can you.

I hope your thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Wasz iz it? Something small and cute. Cum on you can tell us. Don't be shy. Just step up to the podium, deep breath and let it out. You know you want to. It'll do you good to share.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem........I may or may not have had a slight "financial incident"............

Me too..pure nostalgia...Bl**dy Lord and Baaatler..

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 7
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Me too..pure nostalgia...Bl**dy Lord and Baaatler..

Oooh. How did that happen ? 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Quite. 

We need details....

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

I've struggled to resist that one since I saw it.  Not sure why but it is floating my boat big time.  And I model O gauge nowadays.

I owned the same numbered Jinty as a lad in the 1960s/70s but coveted the crane set and coach....I had had some second hand sales so came away from the exhibition with a new trainset and not out of pocket....the problem is I now want to get a chipboard baseboard, stained sawdust grass and Superquick buildings...oh and foam underlay....mind you if they bring out a maroon 3F 0-6-0 tender loco I'll be completed b***ered..dribble..

Edited by Gilbert
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I owned the same numbered Jinty as a lad in the 1960s/70s but coveted the crane set and coach....I had had some second hand sales so came away from the exhibition with a new trainset and not out of pocket....the problem is I now want to get a chipboard baseboard, stained sawdust grass and Superquick buildings...oh and foam underlay....mind you if they bring out a maroon 3F 0-6-0 tender loco I'll be completed b***ered..dribble..

I think you and I must have had the same sets, Chris. Add in a relaunched Freightmaster set or a blue Hymek hauled Freightliner set and things would really get tricky. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I think you and I must have had the same sets, Chris. Add in a relaunched Freightmaster set or a blue Hymek hauled Freightliner set and things would really get tricky. 

Blue Hymek with lit coaches.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some sets can be surprisingly good value. Some months back, Paignton Model Shop had a GWR HST in the window, albeit with only one coach. Since I'm not anal about detail on a model of that sort - it turned out to be Railroad - the price of £149 seemed reasonable. Blow me when I got home it had track, points, a track-mat and a controller! 

• Like 7