NHY 581

Just caught up with your thread Rob, that 14xx is absolutely superb, I love the way you've used the factory weathering to good effect and added to it, you've made the loco look as if it has had a little bit of cleaning and tlc but looking very well used. 

Great stuff! 👍

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/10/2022 at 19:49, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

Aside from a few finishing touches, 1432 is just about done. 

It's proving to be a nice diversion and I'm very relieved to see that given the somewhat aggressive approach, the de-weathering appears to have  paid off. 

20221028_194011-01.jpeg.cfeea5f65fb6d76e02170c6931e70439.jpeg

We are therefore left with a loco that, dare I say it,  seems to look half tidy. 

Rob. 

Very good Rob but I do wonder about a patch of rust on the smokebox right next to and beneath the oil pipe cover where maybe the effect of some oil leaking would be more typical😇

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Finally managed to find my own thread......

Well, not much to report at present. It looks like next years exhibition calender is starting to fill up with a few emails landing this week. 

Thus far, I have the following........

January- Sheep Dip Edington @SDJRT show. Late confirmation due to comms issue. 

July-TBC Exeter. (There may be a clash here so not confirmed as yet ) If Exeter is go, then I'll probably show Bleat Wharf but run it in Small Southern tank engine mode for something different. 

Sheep Dip @Penarth (Provisional)

August-possibly shows x 2

September-Bleat Wharf @ Stafford. (Provisional) 

October-Ewe@Uckfield (Provisional) 

This means they'll be a bit of work on Sheep Dip. Not much, as it's pretty much okay but there's a few jobs I want to attend to. Mainly detaily stuff. 

So a bit to look forward to........

Rob. 

Excellent! Stafford is just up the road so if you need a hand with anything Rob just give me a shout. 

Jay

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JustinDean said:

Excellent! Stafford is just up the road so if you need a hand with anything Rob just give me a shout. 

Jay

Mange Tout, Jay. 

Thank you. There may well be a couple of the above where an extra pair of  hands will be more than useful. 

Once things are rubber stamped I'll have a better idea of when and where. In a few cases, I'm trying to work out which layout to take where. To me, it's important to avoid too many visits to the same area, with the same layout, if that makes sense. 

And after the conversation I've just had.....it might well be a little busier. More details will follow when confirmed. 

However, I can now confirm the Exeter gig. 

Rob. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Well, I can now confirm the earlier confirmation of the Exeter show. I can also confirmate that Bleat Wharf will have it's first outing as a Southern region layout with a selection of small, terribly cute, Southernesque tank engines. There is, after all, nothing to readily identify Bleat as an S&D layout as the only signage are a couple of L&SWR signs.

There is therefore some weathering to be taken care of. We shall be have a couple of distressed Ps ahead of the show supported by a B4 or two and a Terrier....and their brake vans. 

It's nice to ring the changes...is it not ? 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Is a distressed P something that is taken hurriedly when on a well used footpath with minimal cover?

Or as may or may not have previously happened.........the lights go out whilst one is in mid-flow...

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

In other news, a second Full Monty liveried SE&CR C Class has been secured somewhat cheaper ( realistically priced) than anticipated. 

That pretty much concludes (exceeds...) the motive power requirements. Once the Hattons Genesis 6 wheelers arrive after Christmas, so we're informed, then I'll start proper planning. 

By that I mean getting the 120 x 40 cm roll of paper out on the table and plonking buildings and trains about the place until it looks about right...........ish. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 19

That is good news, despite being mass produced, certain locomotives tend to elude us, either we don't have the money at the time, or we simply don't know it's available, either way, we miss the boat, or train in this case.

Is it possible to have too many locos? It's handy to have a few in reserve for other projects or to offset the offer of a loco that we didn't think we were going to get.

I've just bought some shirtbutton tender transfers for the Earl BTW. Thanks again!

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

49 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Or as may or may not have previously happened.........the lights go out whilst one is in mid-flow...

That's an overlooked advantage to the water in the bottom of the lav. It acts as an audible targeting system for when one has to "go dark". Possibly the only time when women have the advantage in the bathroom stakes.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

That's an overlooked advantage to the water in the bottom of the lav. It acts as an audible targeting system for when one has to "go dark". Possibly the only time when women have the advantage in the bathroom stakes.

The house I grew up in never had a light in the toilet, proxy light in the bathroom next door but then that had a window frame taken out of the cowshed! Oh how farm workers families lived in the 60s, 70s .......... 80s and possibly still do.

We did eat a lot of carrots!

Martyn

• Funny 9

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

That could be quite distressing in both circumstances.

So I've been told.

From one distressed person to another.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, mullie said:

We did eat a lot of carrots!

Martyn

Aha! Cat's Eyes Mullander....

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Schooner said:

But exciting it is! Looking forward to updates.

'Till then pics of scruffy chaps will keep us going just fine :) Nobody take that out of context, please!

Morning Louis, 

I thank you. I shall endeavour to provide them, intermittent though they may be. There may well be a Chapter 6a..........Not sure yet but I've had a thought........

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Will you be weathering these.....

🙂

Too damn right.........and plonking photos on THAT THREAD....

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10