NHY 581

8 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Acting on information received, I had cause to attend at the somewhat disreputable area within the IKEA store known as Bargain Corner. 

Upon my arrival I immediately recognised a male person known to me as br2975 and at the same time noted that he was holding a large LACK shelf, some 1.9m in length, beneath his left arm. As I continued with my observations, it was obvious to all present that br2975 was making no attempt to conceal the item. 

I engaged br2975 in conversation and established that said shelf was in fact a reduced cost item and he was in the process of acquiring said item for the sole purpose of it providing the basis for a model railway project. 

Satisfied with the account provided, implausible as it may have sounded, I left the area and subsequently completed my reports. 

All quiet on departure.

No offences disclosed

Parties advised.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

37 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Acting on information received, I had cause to attend at the somewhat disreputable area within the IKEA store known as Bargain Corner. 

Upon my arrival I immediately recognised a male person known to me as br2975 and at the same time noted that he was holding a large LACK shelf, some 1.9m in length, beneath his left arm. As I continued with my observations, it was obvious to all present that br2975 was making no attempt to conceal the item. 

I engaged br2975 in conversation and established that said shelf was in fact a reduced cost item and he was in the process of acquiring said item for the sole purpose of it providing the basis for a model railway project. 

Satisfied with the account provided, implausible as it may have sounded, I left the area and subsequently completed my reports. 

You left out about moving in a 'north easterly direction'!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You mean he knew where the exit was ?!?

22 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

It's like moss on trees in a wood. The exit is always to the South East. The trick is knowing at which point to turn.

Some observations then.....

You don't have to be Bear Grylls, chaps. 

Aside from the green exit signs everywhere...........there are large white arrows painted on the floor to follow which take you.......wait for it..........to the exit.....

Aside from which, the LACK department is within sight of  the exit...

And finally, one should never enter anywhere without first establishing how one will exit if it all goes the way of the pear.........

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

11 hours ago, Donw said:

They make Ice creams from Sheep milk locally don't know if they do any clotted cream.

Don 

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Sounds like perhaps you're suffering from a hippie infestation down your neck o' the woods. 😉

It would seem the sheep milk ice cream is no longer available. 

Don

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

When you think about it, it you wanted to domesticate a wild animal would you start with a Cow  a small sheep seems a reasonable choice. Probably get a lamb used to being handled then try milking it when appropriate.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

You could write reports like that for a job.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Donw said:

When you think about it, it you wanted to domesticate a wild animal would you start with a Cow  a small sheep seems a reasonable choice. Probably get a lamb used to being handled then try milking it when appropriate.

Don

Um..............

Edited by NHY 581
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

You could write reports like that for a job.

Overly verbose, opinionated, lacking in crucial details - do you work for the Daily Mail ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Wow, politics and religion in two consecutive posts.

Am I on the wrong forum? 😜

I draw the line at the L&NER......

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, wiggoforgold said:

Nothing wrong with the LNER. I have a family group of J15's.

Definitely not, I still believe that the closure of the Great Central main line was pretty much a criminal conspiracy that HS2 could never assuage.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Nothing to see here, move along please.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

Nothing wrong with the LNER. I have a family group of J15's.

Morning Alex, 

The Great Eastern lines are the exception. They are allowed......and welcomed, especially those of a weedier backwater persuasion. 

However, further exception is granted to J94s, once again if frequenting weedy rundown backwaters.

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I think he's saying your domesticated.

Not according to the Memsahib. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4