NHY 581

I do like the mirror idea also. We have them dotted about the place e to bounce the light around. I came across a lot of Victorian, '30s and '50s mirrors when I cleared a garage and the memsahib claimed them. I got the job of renovation of course, but it's worked really well and something that I wouldn't have thought of.

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's one of those aircraft hangar kitchens from the TV kitchen adverts isn't it?

Own up, you'll feel better! 😄

You got me bang to rights.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Gedward said:

As you know the house is on the market right now. And the IKEA kitchen is getting the most likes.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 10.15.23.png

BREAKING NEWS

As from today, the house is not on the market. I have accepted an offer near the asking price. Right, let's start looking for a nice railway room.

Edited by Gedward
typos
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

5 minutes ago, Gedward said:

As from today, the house is not on the market. I have accepted an offer near the asking price. Right, let's start looking for a nice railway room.

Great news

Need a large railway room for the windmill as well!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gedward said:

Right, let's start looking for a nice railway room.

For an end-to-end layout, you'd probably need a room with a sturdy, flat and level surface around the sides, about waist height and 2ft deep or so, perhaps with some handy storage above and below. Some lighting directly over the baseboards would be good. Also, a large table nearby would be ideal for doing some modelling on, building things for the layout.

I think I saw something just like that recently...

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning George,

We have an IKEA kitchen ready to install.( no surprise there really )  Memsahib will be building the units. She's a dab hand at it as she used to manage the kitchen deparment in local IKEA. 

Because if you were putting it together there'd be track on it before you could even butter a scone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Great news

Need a large railway room for the windmill as well!

Well it doesn't have to be that large, as it only has to provide enough space for:

• Harbour for a dozen assorted craft

• Fisherman huts

• A parade of shops

• A windmill or a watermill

And all in 7mm scale. Easy.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

Because if you were putting it together there'd be track on it before you could even butter a scone.

🤐

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

But he's more likely to be putting jam on his scone, followed by cream, rather than just butter. That's the sort of thing the Captain does, when he's feeling virtuous in a dietary way (butter, in lieu of jam and cream).

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

But he's more likely to be putting jam on his scone, followed by cream, rather than just butter. That's the sort of thing the Captain does, when he's feeling virtuous in a dietary way (butter, in lieu of jam and cream).

Ahem. 

I find myself in a somewhat unusual position of being able to confirm, in a robustly confirmatory manner, that this particular sheep insists on jam (strawberry-home made from our strawberries)  followed by cream (preferably clotted). 

I thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

I find myself in a somewhat unusual position of being able to confirm, in a robustly confirmatory manner, that this particular sheep insists on jam (strawberry-home made from our strawberries)  followed by cream (preferably clotted). 

I thank you. 

One assumes that the clotted cream is also home made as well?

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

One assumes that the clotted cream is also home made as well?

No. 

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Donw said:

They make Ice creams from Sheep milk locally don't know if they do any clotted cream.

Don 

Sounds like perhaps you're suffering from a hippie infestation down your neck o' the woods. 😉

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Sounds like perhaps you're suffering from a hippie infestation down your neck o' the woods. 😉

Nah - it's old hat, nothing new in the trendy world.  And cheese made from sheep's milk is top notch stuff, invented years before they thought of making cheese from cow's milk. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

I thought I'd slip in, and out of IKEA unnoticed earlier today, and make good my escape with a (reduced) 1900mm 'Lack' shelf.

Unfortunately, there was a familiar sheepish looking face, monitoring my every move.

My embryonic 'Dumballs Road' is no longer a secret.

Edited by br2975
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Interesting about the sheep milk, I take it that we're talking far enough back into history where a cow was the size of a 4x4 and would kick your a** if you tried to milk it?

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Interesting about the sheep milk, I take it that we're talking far enough back into history where a cow was the size of a 4x4 and would kick your a** if you tried to milk it?

It would seem so - apparently mankind started making use of the sort of things sheep could provide long before cattle got a look in and that remained the case (and might still?) with some of the mid-Asian nomadic peoples.

• Like 1