NHY 581

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Clearly they are the subjugated lackeys of their anti-democratic, imperialist, running-dog, capitalist overlords and surely yearn for the sweet-tasting pastures of the Workers' Paradise.

Is that the field they put you in for a week to fatten you up for the journey to the slaughterhouse? 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Is that the field they put you in for a week to fatten you up for the journey to the slaughterhouse? 

Of course some Workers' Paradises are more equal than others.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Ewe-sheep-1-01.jpeg.e88b1e5cebac0667aabe3e94a9bd039a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

We have returned from our Czech sojourn. In between the family stuff there is an urgent need to tidy the Room of Doom. In the run up to SWAG, things were a tad frenetic. The week after, prepping for foreign climes wasn't much better. Hence the chaos and mayhem. 

As alluded to earlier, there is a need to conduct some work on the layouts ahead of forthcoming exhibitions therefore the Desk of Doing needs to be capable of........ er...doing. 

A major headache is how to incorporate all three layouts now that the backscene etc is added to Ewe. I'd like to be able to play with.........um.....operate/test all three. 

The little woolly cells need to work on this................

Rob. 

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 9

Morning Rob,

When faced with onerous tasks before one can indulge in a period of intensive testing, I tend to adopt the following preparatory routine.

Get a brew on.

Get a window open for fresh air.

Get some music on and none of that relaxation garbage either.

It's been the only way to cope as we bulldoze everything we own from room to room in order to have a paint fight... I mean decorate...

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Morning Rob,

When faced with onerous tasks before one can indulge in a period of intensive testing, I tend to adopt the following preparatory routine.

Get a brew on.

Get a window open for fresh air.

Get some music on and none of that relaxation garbage either.

It's been the only way to cope as we bulldoze everything we own from room to room in order to have a paint fight... I mean decorate...

Spot on. However, I've been momentarily re-deployed to gardening/garage duties. 

However, Rory Gallagher has been lined up for a protracted appearance later with support provided by Taste. 

I'm in that kind of mood...............

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

However, Rory Gallagher has been lined up for a protracted appearance later with support provided by Taste. 

Rob. 

Nice.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Rob. 

I too have taken advantage of the sunny day to get on with some essential out door jobs....

52056013036_7a42cbaba2_z.jpg

that's the track sprayed....

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 6

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I've taken advantage of the sunny weather to have some custard.

an excellent meteorologically inspired response...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Wot sunny weather, it's thick cloud here up north.

Our little bit of it is nice, been out for a chug round on the bikes and lunch out in the sunshine.

It's far from grim up north.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Work in progress...

Interesting, I see there's been a three month gap in posting,, which makes me feel better about my own layout. I better get some more paint thrown about.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Interesting, I see there's been a three month gap in posting,, which makes me feel better about my own layout. I better get some more paint thrown about.

The SWAG event rather interrupted my flow...so as to speak..however I work on the basis that while lists and deadlines do have a very important place in our "spare time activites" - especially where obligations to others are concerned - they should not rule our lives....he said.....off to make another list...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Excellent day out at the Swanage Diesel Gala over the weekend. There was a very appreciative audience...

52061548480_954fd9eae3_c.jpg

Nice weathering.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

20220511_192609-01.jpeg.e5291532be23a85faa5fbf94751f4c96.jpeg

the Stick of Upholdness cradles Ewe

I worry for the Stick of Upholdness and the weighty burden that it carries. I have used such measures at Kernow Towers in the past and have found them vulnerable to the Elbow of Uncontrollability or even the Slippered Foot of Unpredictable Movement.

Brackets, screws or even G clamps would surely deliver the Peace of Mind Enhancement.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1