NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Did Monsewer Blackrat, put in an appearance and out do everyone?

Senor Blackrat had a prior engagement,  somewhere south of the Canary Islands, with a large beer - or so he claimed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Senor Blackrat had a prior engagement,  somewhere south of the Canary Islands, with a large beer - or so he claimed.

Being that far South,  his shirt would be best parade ground, drill sargeant loud, assuming that he was wearing a shirt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alister_G said:

I just loved the atmosphere you captured on Ewe - as you do on all your layouts, to be fair - and again your painting and weathering is superb.

Here's a couple of my photos:

Img_0981sm.jpg.fa329c2b92859f837038dff21d3c0ea1.jpg

Img_0989.jpg.cddef56485f03d1e8e312d635bbb2926.jpg

Al.

Is that or is that not a truly splendid rendition of rusty wriggly tin?

Go on @Alister_G, I trust your expert opinion on this one. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Just out of curiosity anybody seen or heard anything from Rob?

You don't think he's got lost do you.

He's abroad for a week or so - probably needs a break!

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jay. 

It's actually quite compact. One large BoBo and two 4whl trailers. Very nice afternoon out. 

20220502_145203-01.jpeg.b3cbebcaea7922008373a54e40df2a9b.jpeg

Proper trainset as well. Running round at the terminus. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Jay. 

It's actually quite compact. One large BoBo and two 4whl trailers. Very nice afternoon out. 

20220502_145203-01.jpeg.b3cbebcaea7922008373a54e40df2a9b.jpeg

Proper trainset as well. Running round at the terminus. 

Excellent weathering....

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all.

Being away has allowed a bit of a reset. The last few months have been a tad busy but ultimately very rewarding. Looking forward then to the Summer months,  I have need to finish off Ewe which still has a few things left undone. Nothing earth shattering but if I don’t do them then I will forget about them. In addition, both Bleat Wharf and Sheep Dip have a few exhibition appearances ahead of them, as mentioned previously. Both will need a bit of tweaking before I’m happy to put them in front of the paying public. 

The exhibitions this year are as follows..........

Sheep Dip-Exeter. Matford centre. 25/26th June 2022.

Bleat Wharf- Penarth. St Cyres school 2/3rd July 2022.

Bleat Wharf-Exmoor. Minehead 6th August 2022. 

Sheep Dip-Cardiff Show. Ice arena Wales 20/21st August 2022.

Bleat Wharf-Taunton Railex. 25/26th October 2022. 

Hopefully over the next couple of months I can sort out both. The additional tweaking mainly revolves around the buildings and arises from the simple fact that since I originally painted and weathered them, the way I finish buildings has changed slightly. I want to therefore bring them into line with more recent efforts. 

Both layouts could also do with a slight refresh on the scenics as well. Then it’s just stock. Bleat is primarily a S&DJR layout but I would like to operate it in it’s alternative Ex-SR mode now and again. This will use “a selection of ex-Southern small tank engines”. Probably B4s, Ps and the odd (?) Terrier for variety. So one of each will be weathered as per. I also have to pluck up the courage to “distress” my lovely ex-Midland 1P, 58072. Very much a S&D signature engine. This will accompany the existing 3F and 4F. 

So there’s plenty to be going on with without getting sidetracked by new projects...............Although sedate progress will be maintained with Project S (4mm) and Project Q (7mm). Both will emerge in due course along with plans for SWAG 2023. 

Rob. 

Not wishing to be picky, Rob, but when transferring those fixtures to my calendar, I noticed that the Taunton dates of 25/26th October are a Tuesday and a Wednesday.... 

You may find the audience demographic is not quite what you were expecting.😀

Should be 22nd/23rd.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1