NHY 581

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Fishers, 

Yep, spot on regarding the 'protector'. Anti clumsy sheep deterrent. 

The initial coat of PVA was 'restrained' with a strip of normal masking tape. I removed this once a skin had formed. Subsequent layers were built up without the making tape as was the final coat of yacht varnish. 

Thank you Rob 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I'm grateful for your previous encouragement regarding MBR products. 

You're very welcome Rob. His stuff is quite the best available. Apart from his exquisite bushes and trees, I find this stuff particularly useful for the likes of nettles either in two or three spikes or 'en masse'! https://en.mbrmodel.eu/products/shrubbery/dark-green

The latest tree for Marsh. Several more to build for the headshunt area!

20220403_171839.jpg.2b0b568a35afa7f4d8cc9b29521581ef.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning John, 

I did look at the 'nettley' stuff when I ordered. In hindsight I should have ordered some at the time as I can see a place for it now, something I missed at the time. 

Given how straight forward the whole process was, MBR trees will be a go to now for future projects.  

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

Sadly I won't be able to make it as I shall be otherwise engaged.

Alex

Morning Alex.

Of course. You'll be at Edington with Yelveryon that weekend. There is an outside chance that I may be able to make it for the Sunday. Nothing confirmed yet as we are still down to be away. However, this is subject to change. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Winnie. 

I was after a mossy, returning to nature look so hopefully we're on our way to that. 

20220409_090631-02.jpeg.df75589678910f71155ca0c9fe9d5c6e.jpeg

Still lots to do though but I'm off to a train show shortly................

Rob. 

• Like 19

Hi Rob

Apologies for repeating myself and for interrupting the work on Ewe but did you ever get your remaining Dapol/Rails Terrier ?

I was reminded of this as I ran my two K&ESR Terriers (one Hornby and one Dapol)  on my friend's layout last night.

Rodney

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, RodneyS said:

Hi Rob

Apologies for repeating myself and for interrupting the work on Ewe but did you ever get your remaining Dapol/Rails Terrier ?

I was reminded of this as I ran my two K&ESR Terriers (one Hornby and one Dapol)  on my friend's layout last night.

Rodney

Evening Rod, 

Yes. The third Terrier was finally  sent with a bit of a 'take it or leave it' undertone from Dapol. This was despite the fact that it was returned by me  due a clear cosmetic issue, a badly bent footplate although the running wasn't that good either or the fact I rang to enquire where it was and I received the news that it hadn't been sent. This was apparently due to a mix up between the returns department and the dispatch department.........

Overall not the best experience. Eight locos sent/returned/re-sent to arrive at three acceptable locos. 

Rob. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, RodneyS said:

Oh dear, that's very sad.

I suppose they've given up trying to find good ones in their stock.

Rodney

Indeed. It seems that it made no difference buying these from the manufacturer or Rails. The faults were consistent across the board. 

My theory, which is probably incorrect, is that Hornby rushed their version out to release ahead of Rails. Rails rushed theirs to get them out in response to Hornby's release. 

The result is that neither version was quite what was originally intended. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Just a heads up that little will be updated on thread ahead of the SWAG show on the 24th as I'm both readying the layout, which is still someway off and thoroughly immersed in the organisation of the show. 

Hopefully some of you fine types will be making your way to Staplegrove on Sunday 24th and you will see Ewe in person as it were. 

It will be good to see you. 

Rob. 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Just a heads up that little will be updated on thread ahead of the SWAG show on the 24th as I'm both readying the layout, which is still someway off and thoroughly immersed in the organisation of the show. 

Hopefully some of you fine types will be making your way to Staplegrove on Sunday 24th and you will see Ewe in person as it were. 

Rob. 

Sorry Mon Sheep I'm also out and about then but other end of the country catering to Devil Dogs needs so will have to pass on that very generous invite. Hope all goes well with the exhibition and that Project X receives the recognition and applause it truly deserves.

Signed Devil Dogs staff.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Rob. 

Will be good to see Ewe too in better circumstances than last time. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Rob. 

Looking forward to it Rob!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1