NHY 581

5 hours ago, Graham T said:

Hopefully we'll get a groan button as part of Andy Y's upgrade work...

And hopefully you'll get some glazing soon as well!

I found this if its any good to you. 😃

Groan.jpg.9980e0e146ca3cf937813ac7562c3120.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

The rebuild of the Room of Doom has recommenced after what has been a marathon window fitting couple of days. 

I can, after a couple of days, resume work on Project X 

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Have you ever thought of writing a book on how you do your scenic effects? Or your stock weathering? And don't say you simply copy other people's methods - I have just looked at the vegetation at the edge of your water feature and drooled, because that is exactly what I want to have in my disused canal for my own micro layout! Now that RMWeb is once again live and kicking, my sources of inspiration are back too - although many, many threads that I value are missing photos, of course...

I look forward to further updates in due course...

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, MrWolf said:

You've really brought the layout to life Rob, 

And I don't imagine that you're finished with it yet.

Thanks Rob. 

Lovely to hear from you and, no, far from finished. Lots more veg to add. 

Rob. 

Rob all that I can say is absolutely superb. You have really out done yourself this time and that water is brilliant. When I first saw it I thought how's he managed to get it so life like. Well done you.

Cheers.

Ian

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

I'm quietly working my way back through the thread, dropping in photos. It's taking a little while but March is now done. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi Rob, I see you've mentioned an "edge protector" against your water feature, which I assume stopped you knocking it, rather than retaining the PVA 'water' (?)

As someone with a similar vertical drop against a dock side: How did you stop your PVA 'water' falling off the edge of the world? 

(A question flat earth mariners have been asking since time immemorial. . . . . . . )

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Re6/6 said:

Superb water and love the big tree!

Morning John, 

Thank you. Given your own scenic prowess that's terribly kind of you to say so. I'm grateful for your previous encouragement regarding MBR products. 

3 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

The water looks great Rob. I shall be requesting further and better particulars at Taunton.

Alex

Morning Alex, 

Of course and I'll look forward to catching up with you and Liz. 

17 hours ago, Fishplate said:

Hi Rob, I see you've mentioned an "edge protector" against your water feature, which I assume stopped you knocking it, rather than retaining the PVA 'water' (?)

As someone with a similar vertical drop against a dock side: How did you stop your PVA 'water' falling off the edge of the world? 

(A question flat earth mariners have been asking since time immemorial. . . . . . . )

Morning Fishers, 

Yep, spot on regarding the 'protector'. Anti clumsy sheep deterrent. 

The initial coat of PVA was 'restrained' with a strip of normal masking tape. I removed this once a skin had formed. Subsequent layers were built up without the making tape as was the final coat of yacht varnish. 

18 hours ago, Donw said:

Superb stuff Rob. Rather lifts the bar.

Don

Morning Don. 

Thank you. It came together okay in the end. 

On 03/04/2022 at 22:46, Winslow Boy said:

Rob all that I can say is absolutely superb. You have really out done yourself this time and that water is brilliant. When I first saw it I thought how's he managed to get it so life like. Well done you.

Cheers.

Ian

Morning Ian, 

Again, very kind of you. I must admit I asked myself that very same question. Silk purse etc.........

With the return of the Room of Doom we shall see a degree of normal servicd being resumed in due course. 

In terms of photos, I've replaced pretty much everything on pages 500 up to date. 

I've started on pages 400 onwards, roughly March '21. ( think I'm up to 410 ish........) 

It will take time. What is evident from flicking through the pages is what a lovely 'micro- community' we have on this thread. 

Thank you all for your continued support and contributions. 

Back soon. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Unless you are J.K. Rowling, I'd recommend page 1.

It's not that I wouldn't know where to start. It's just that I wouldn't know where to start. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2