NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

I'm not quoting the whole thing, but reading Rob's deadpan delivery of the 'mishap' has been the most enjoyable thing I've done for days.

A couple of things weren't addressed though. I'm hoping that none of the spilt coffee went onto anything modelling related, and that the Forecat did not inflict any physical injury on the sitting parts? Getting an earful is fair enough but I hope no weapons were engaged!

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

I'm not quoting the whole thing, but reading Rob's deadpan delivery of the 'mishap' has been the most enjoyable thing I've done for days.

A couple of things weren't addressed though. I'm hoping that none of the spilt coffee went onto anything modelling related, and that the Forecat did not inflict any physical injury on the sitting parts? Getting an earful is fair enough but I hope no weapons were engaged!

Thank you for your concern, Rich. 

I can gladly confirm the two points raised. 

Spilt coffee did not contaminate anything modelling related though in it's descent it narrowly avoided landing on the fleeing W.F which would have added insult to injury. 

Secondly, one's nether regions were not compromised. 

I thank you. 

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

The Works Forecat entered in 'stealth mode'. 

My wife's cats . . . . 

(now that is a grammar nightmare ~ an 's' followed by an apostrophe, or an apostrophe followed by 's' ? Who cares, you know what I mean. Anyway I digress :offtopic:)

. . . . .  know that stealth mode does not work in this house. They do know that if they set a paw on the stairs towards the bedrooms and railway room they are in deeeeep cat do-do land. :rtfm:

Very amusing telling a cat that is endeavouring to sneak out of permitted territory 'left, right, left, right, left, right'. The faster you say it, the quicker they go . . . . . . :nono:

ps I am currently owed approximately 60 cat free years ( 1 cat = 1 year; Multiple cats = multiple years per year. Currently Mrs FP has two, previous maximum of three. None have been, or are, in Southern or BR green. Hopeless).

pps Unless there is a significant increase in life expectancy, or the NHS discovers something new that means I will actually finish my model railway  in my 130th year, I am going to struggle to get my cat free allowance in . . . . . .

ppps I think the cats may have won.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Looking lovely Rob!

This is the layout you’re bringing to SWAG right?

Jay

Hi Jay. 

Yep, that's the intention and no reason why it won't make it. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Gedward said:

Loving the reflections in the pond Rob. What are you using to create it?

Evening George, 

So far, two layers of PVA. 

First time I ve tried this. In fact, first time I've tried modelling water....

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

So far, two layers of PVA.. 

Rob, this method is shown in a good scenics book (that I can't find right now. ...drat!), He applied layers and then used a hair dryer on the final coat to create ripples. It looked the business.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening George, 

So far, two layers of PVA. 

First time I ve tried this. In fact, first time I've tried modelling water....

Rob. 

Yep, I've read good things about PVA for water effects. Really not sure what I'll use in the harbour, there are so many products available now. Right now I'm favouring using a two part epoxy, the type used to make novelty table tops. Glass Cast 3 clear epoxy resin. When the time comes I'll do plenty of tests anyway I'm sure.

Edited by Gedward
Editing copy and typos
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, KNP said:

If its any help I used layers of PVA 'flicked up' with the side of a wide brush when I did Cold!

The harbour at Little Muddle was done the same way but with the brush held in the same direction to get the feel of some uniform movement - ie tide.

C1.jpg.1f209a9559ee163463b186479188fb74.jpg

That's very, very good.

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 11/06/2018 at 13:02, The Stationmaster said:

The Great Cockcrow Railway - within earshot (alas) of the M25.  My son is a regular there and took me along for my (early running) Father's Day treat although I have been before.  great little railway and it was fairly busy passenger wise yesterday because it was a nice sunny day.  Regrettably because of the strong light I couldn't get decent shot of the T9 and this is the best I could do after a bit of photo fiddling - very nice runner in the hands of its Driver (who works as a Driver for Freightliner in his day job).

post-6859-0-19346400-1528718526_thumb.jpg

Who's your son Stationmaster? I look after the track there

• Like 1