NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

I will be there with the 247 stand

I'll get the kettle on Brian. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

1082765681_Screenshot_20220301-150302_SamsungInternet.jpg.e3b7e5904dd67cbc14ac181b41cbc884.jpg

There seems to be a few services tgat stop outside, Mike. 

This is just one of them. Looks as if it collects close to Cogan as well as central Cardiff. 

I'll look into it cliser to the date of the expo. 

Rob. 

Sorry Rob but my reply seems to have vanished.  $64,000 question is will the school entrance from St Cyres Close be open otherwise it's along walk from that bus stop and arthur's-itis in my knee varies in its impact.  Yesterday I managed walking over 1,000 yards in Tesco's carpark, one day last week 500  yards was  painful struggle.  But i might have had an injection of jungle juice by then which usually helps.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Sorry Rob but my reply seems to have vanished.  $64,000 question is will the school entrance from St Cyres Close be open otherwise it's along walk from that bus stop and arthur's-itis in my knee varies in its impact.  Yesterday I managed walking over 1,000 yards in Tesco's carpark, one day last week 500  yards was  painful struggle.  But i might have had an injection of jungle juice by then which usually helps.

Hi Mike. 

Honest answer is, I don't know. I've not exhibited there before. That said, pretty certain the front entrance/car park is there. I will however check and post details. 

Stand by. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

35 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Mike. 

Honest answer is, I don't know. I've not exhibited there before. That said, pretty certain the front entrance/car park is there. I will however check and post details. 

Stand by. 

Rob. 

By way of an update, I've just  received the following from the organisers ; 

"We will be having a heritage bus running both days from Cogan railway station which will be free of charge and drops the passengers right outside the entrance doors to the venue, 

we are aware that the school is a little off the beaten track that's why we decided to get the bus doing a shuttle.

I think there should be something already on RMWeb posted by another member but I'm not too sure, happy for you to post about it though in the meantime."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

The ash I used to provide the yard surface Is a mixture of

Hi Rob. 

Looking great.

I was going to bookmark your method, but the button appears to have disappeared :scratchhead:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Hi Rob. 

Looking great.

I was going to bookmark your method, but the button appears to have disappeared :scratchhead:

Evening FP. 

PM sent. 

R

• RMweb Gold

Further to the previous post advising of the exhibitions that Bleat Wharf and Sheep Dip are to attend, one I overlooked was Bleat Wharfs appearance at Exmoor Rail. I await confirmation but this will be in Minehead on Saturday 6th August. I believe it will be at a new venue but I don't as yet have details. 

When I do, I will post. It's a lovely little show. Very enjoyable and put on by a very friendly club. 

Rob. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
On 23/02/2022 at 15:37, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon all, 

A few more images.......

20220223_150130-01.jpeg.f14af2f9ed9f3f33fb3fbda97b190636.jpeg

20220223_145618-01.jpeg.657047d17eaf10c2790309bb52e5beab.jpeg

20220223_145434-04.jpeg.2df375da8a9b0cf4ea0233900294ddea.jpeg

20220223_150453-01.jpeg.fc23dad462128def233624598948e014.jpeg

I find that by taking plenty of photos at all stages of building a layout, you both see things differently and you get a feel for the layout. 

It's all far too tidy and clean by the way. Needs to be distinctly grubby and altogether more unkempt. 

Rob. 

yes I was thinking excellent job very neat but not as one would expect. Keeping grass in place is about as easy as herding cats.

Don

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Further to the previous post advising of the exhibitions that Bleat Wharf and Sheep Dip are to attend, one I overlooked was Bleat Wharfs appearance at Exmoor Rail. I await confirmation but this will be in Minehead on Saturday 6th August. I believe it will be at a new venue but I don't as yet have details. 

When I do, I will post. It's a lovely little show. Very enjoyable and put on by a very friendly club. 

Rob. 

I also hope to be there Rob....

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Rob. 

Was than an unannounced announcement?

Edited by Stubby47
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Donw said:

yes I was thinking excellent job very neat but not as one would expect. Keeping grass in place is about as easy as herding cats.

Don

Morning Don. 

This is far from finished. If you look back, all the layouts start out looking like this.  The way the layout is at present is most definately NOT as I see it ending up.........

You should know by now, I don't turn out neat layouts.  I'll leave that to those that do. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Was than an unannounced announcement?

Perhaps an overlooked announcement ? 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Don. 

This is far from finished. If you look back, all the layouts start out looking like this.  The way the layout is at present is most definately NOT as I see it ending up.........

You should know by now, I don't turn out neat layouts.  I'll leave that to those that do. 

Rob. 

No criticism intended I have seen your layouts. It was purely how it struck me. There is much art in achieving a natural effect and you are rather a master at it.  The 0 gauge wagon is rather nice.

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

To be honest, it's a bit tricky trying to remember what exhibitions have been carried over from 2020. Although I 've noted these down, I don't take it as read that they will actually be going ahead this year until I get confirmation. 

I'm obviously trying not to miss any. 

Rob. 

• Like 3

I'm afraid that I will have to pass on those exhibitions, Rob.

Much as though I would love to see them first hand and of course speak to the creator of these masterpieces they are too far saurth for me.

So I will have to be content with viewing the pixelated versions.

If you do however venture further north I will be only to happy to trundle along and may even provide a bacon butty.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm afraid that I will have to pass on those exhibitions, Rob.

Much as though I would love to see them first hand and of course speak to the creator of these masterpieces they are too far saurth for me.

So I will have to be content with viewing the pixelated versions.

If you do however venture further north I will be only to happy to trundle along and may even provide a bacon butty.

Bonjour Winnie, 

I would happily bring something sheepy North if invited and if this should come to fruition then I would gladly take you up on your kind offer. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Terrier Troubles- Update. 

Well, two more replacement Dapol Terriers arrived at Chateau Sheep this morning. 

32655, early crest had a wierd tight spot. Ran well at very slow to crawly speeds and fine at two thirds but literally locked up as the speed increased going forwards from slow. 

In reverse it was fine. Going very much against the grain, I decided to investigate. 

I'm sure more thought could have been given to the innards on these. The DCC blanking gubbins is to one side of the motor and dangles ckose to the centre driver, in fact touches the tread. 

The speaker dangles the other side. 

There is a metal casting over the gears on which are perched other leccie bits, including the flippin' flickerin' flamin' fire thing. 

This metal casting locates into the chassis but relies on the interference fit of four small pins, no screws to hold it in place. It will therefore be easily displaced by any wires that move about. A truly carp bit of design. After much in the way of assembly/ disassembly and a bit of double sided tape here and there we have arrived at a fairly smotth, not ideal but much improved running loco. 

No, I don't know what caused it to lock up but I'm pretty certain it's connected in some way to this casting jiggling about the place. 

32650, early crest, Isle of Wight bunker job is going back. The running plate is properly warped causing the cab to tilt back. The running isn't great either but I might have tinkered if it wasn't for the running plate but back it's going. 

So far then, two good Terriers out of seven supplied. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the remark I made a few posts ago.. .

Ahem............er......quite....

• Friendly/supportive 1