NHY 581

1 hour ago, Nick C said:

Not on a bridge though...

True, but they do seem to have been designed on an Etch-A-Sketch with the bare minimum of artistic flair, as does the depot.

So....

I think it may be time to drag the Stuka crews out from the bar at The Kangaroo...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

Track painting stuff going on. Rubbish, least favourite job. 

Really poor photo in appaling light and ballast thrown down to get a hint of the final appearance............

20220217_202410-02.jpeg.34a4b170d73dba51d9d7b8c58c24678c.jpeg

Not 100% happy with it but encouraging. 

Looks like a prize length to me.:good:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Whilst dabbling, I have noted we have acquired the neighbours fence and seem to have put in a strong bid for the other neighbours garage roof. 

Some years ago I recall overhearing a conversation between two chaps. One was recounting the response of an elderly lady friend when he enquired about her wellbeing in a previous extreme weather event. It was something like "Mustn't grumble - lost a fence but gained a shed." She had no doubt lived through the blitz. 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

This is going to take a while........

20220218_152914-01.jpeg.198d417fcf200edc65334c60d613a3ee.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Love all your work Sheepman (I’ll have to start calling you Glen  (Ford)! From the weathering, the buildings, to the landscaping , all brilliant, especially Sheep Dip, with all the slate buildings etc.

Anyway enough of the flannel, joke! Can you give me the dimensions of the cream and brown timber station building. Length, depth and height to end gable will do.

Many thanks in advance

Les

• RMweb Gold
On 18/02/2022 at 15:45, Les Johnson said:

Love all your work Sheepman (I’ll have to start calling you Glen  (Ford)! From the weathering, the buildings, to the landscaping , all brilliant, especially Sheep Dip, with all the slate buildings etc.

Anyway enough of the flannel, joke! Can you give me the dimensions of the cream and brown timber station building. Length, depth and height to end gable will do.

Many thanks in advance

Les

Hi Les, 

Thanks for those kind words. 

Do mean this one....? 

20210228_114857-01.jpeg.ff7e377538a974fa62ed6832f259e96b.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Some years ago I recall overhearing a conversation between two chaps. One was recounting the response of an elderly lady friend when he enquired about her wellbeing in a previous extreme weather event. It was something like "Mustn't grumble - lost a fence but gained a shed." She had no doubt lived through the blitz. 

That was my dear old Mum's invariable response to any trial or tribulation - often followed by "worse things happen at sea".

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Les Johnson said:

Yes, that’s the one. I am assuming that you actually have one and it’s not just a picture of something that you want? If it is just a pic can you tell me what make it is?

many thanks again

Les

Morning Les. 

No, it's one of mine. 

The write up is here. I'll dig it out and measure it for you later. 

Edit, 

I've twice tried to copy the post to here. It's playing up for some reason. 

The building is detailed on page 399 of this thread. Scroll down to step by step description. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581