NHY 581

6 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning both....

Of course the outsider is still the C&HPR...........:bomb_mini:

Oh, I don’t know Rob, @JustinDean and @Alister_G are subliminally persuasive with their inspirational C&HPR related layout threads, and it’s not done me any harm (yet) to allow that influence my own projects!

Of course, whatever ewe do will continue to inspire this particular follower!

Happy New Year to you and all at Sheep Towers!

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Looking back at 2021 there's been a few false starts :blush:, some technological breakthroughs :O , a few changes of direction :(, before finally settling on a suitable victim,:butcher:, sorry project.......I do look forward to finally making some progress with Ewe ( ! ? ) :senile:, not getting sidetracked in the meantime :devil: and gathering bits for D1 land, :gamer:once I've decided upon what form that will take:mail::read:..

Can I therefore take the opportunity to wish all of you who are the very finest of types the Happiest of  New Years and a heartfelt wish that we can look forward to a fun filled and productive 2022. 

Onward and most certainly upward. :good:

Rob. 

Thanks Rob. Having just listened to one of my Christmas presents, the Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga CD of Cole Porter songs, would it be impertinent of me to say that "I Get A Kick Out Of Ewe"?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Happy Ewe Near!   

From the ram who invented tampo printing.

(whose picture will not load,). but Happy New Year to those who enjoy a good weathering!

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And here we are in 2022...............

Whoop whoop ! 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

A gentle start to the day due simply to the lateness of my retiring to bed earlier this morning. 

It was lovely to have had a  NYE with the family rather than spending it in work as has been all too often the case in the past but of which there will thankfully be no more. 

Returning to the present, a trainesque tinker seems likely later today with focus returning to Ewe after a bit of D1 inspired rabbit holing. However this is not before the ordering of  a couple of books to assist in ongoing research for Project Q. The opportunity has also been  taken to fill a gap in the Lamb Regis reference library along with a purchase to add to the reference material for the J15s. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

Happy New Year from us in Kernow Towers.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, there were no fireworks at midnight to wake us up last night!

Morning CK

Not too bad here. The 30 minute barrage soon subsided and order was restored. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

fireworks at midnight

The earth moved for me but only for a short while ...... Thank goodness ! 

11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

And here we are in 2022...............

Whoop whoop ! 

Have you joined a Naval convey mate ? :D

Happy hoofing for 2022.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

We got a brief bout of incoming fire around 10pm. First thoughts were they were testing our defences, but we soon realised that it was just a case of some of our neighbors being unable to read a watch...

Midnight was of course regular fireworks time so we ended up staying up late enough to not wake up until midday.

Onwards and upwards for 2022 everyone. :D

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I was deep enough into the arms of Morphius that I was only vaguely aware of the "Midnight artillery barrage" this NY.

Best of everything to you all for '22, and I'll see some of you at Southampton, circumstances permitting.

John

• Like 1

We had a few revellers around this way whose watches appeared to be running three hours or so late - their display started around 3am!!! However, I think they may have invested in those newfangled silent fireworks, as there was no noise, just lots of pretty lights and patterns until around 4am! Thank you ALDI, I believe!

Steve S

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

8 hours ago, adrianmc said:

Thank you all for your kind comments regarding Leysdown.

See below a photograph of pull-push fitted SR Class D1 0-4-2T No. 2605 hauling SR Pull-Push Coach Set No 756 at the station.

d1_leysdown.jpg.0b875abfb4225a7bf94692dba4da9840.jpg

Given the earlier discussions in the thread, the model of the locomotive was originally constructed by John Taylor from a etched Albion Models kit for his now dismantled Dyke Station P4 layout (MRJ 111). The locomotive has had a few changes over the years including conversion to DCC sound. 

Happy New Year.

Hi Adrian, 

Thank you so much for posting that image. That's a lovely loco on a lovely layout. 

Please feel free to post more photos of either Dyke or Leysdown, both layouts that are very much favourites of mine. 

Thank you once again. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1