NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Have you been working in brass, Rob?

You would like to think so CK but, no. Tinkering with one's Bagnalls has resulted in four out of the five attaining an acceptable level of running. The fifth will receive a new chassis in due course.

I decided to check on them ahead of the Small Cardiff show where I hope to have a couple out...so to speak.

I am trying not to do too much ahead of the show but rather thought a Bagnall was a must.

All a bit 3F....

Rob.

Edited by NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Sticking with one's Bagnalls........of the five, three are in British Railways unlined black whilst two are in unlined S&DJR unlined Prussian blue which begs the question why haven't I built something to run them about on.

I also have a Midland 4F which has the Ramsbottom safety valves and could easily become an almost accurate representation of one supplied to the S&D if renumbered and lettered accordingly. In addition we have a few 3F tender locos in stock which could once again become an S&D type........

Bleat Wharf 1929 anyone?....

Rob.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

One can never have too many images of a 3F.

A nice view from Norman Lockhart of Sheep Lane regular 43474. Summer 1959.

Rob

post-14122-0-29675100-1545344147_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Sticking with one's Bagnalls........of the five, three are in British Railways unlined black whilst two are in unlined S&DJR unlined Prussian blue which begs the question why haven't I built something to run them about on.

I also have a Midland 4F which has the Ramsbottom safety valves and could easily become an almost accurate representation of one supplied to the S&D if renumbered and lettered accordingly. In addition we have a few 3F tender locos in stock which could once again become an S&D type........

Bleat Wharf 1929 anyone?....

Rob.

Couldn't be better suited to your layout mate, did you choose it deliberately ?

S.H.Epard

• RMweb Gold

Couldn't be better suited to your layout mate, did you choose it deliberately ?

S.H.Epard

Fate.....it chose me...

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Well, it's been a busy year......and there is still a bit to go.

Time for modelling has been increasingly at a premium at times and this led to the cancellation of Bleat Wharf.....for now.

It would have been three layouts in three years but I became unhappy with how it was developing and chose to stop where I was. I could have carried on but I would not have been happy. The failure of one of the points meant the only way to replace was to dig it up. Once this was done and with Bleat looking like the Luftwaffe had popped in for a chat, the decision was made not to continue.

On a positive note, I managed to recover the boards for further use so not a total loss and a good basis for something else to take shape on.

Of the existing layouts, Mutton goes from strength to strength with five exhibitions now pending between Feb and October next year with a further two for Sheep Lane. Add that to whatever I can knock up for Taunton in April and this is a busy year and about all I can do exhibition wise.

The main point of all this is for me simply to say thank you for all the contributions you all have made to the thread which continues to evolve......in all sorts of directions.

Therefore, on behalf of Norman, Ivor, Molly et all can I wish all you, whom are regarded as the very finest of types, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes to all...

Rob.

post-14122-0-33710100-1545487727_thumb.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Phil.

Super image. Seasonal greetings to you and yours.

( Still prefer a Bulldog though.........honest guv...)

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Phil.

Super image. Seasonal greetings to you and yours.

( Still prefer a Bulldog though.........honest guv...)

Rob

Haven't got one with snow - there's a nice one with a 2P  on Highbridge Wharf and my favorite, rounding the curve at Glastonbury with the Tor in the background. I found Dad's negative of it by chance and couldn't work out why I hadn't seen a print of it. But then there's a lot peculiar about Glastonbury. When I was putting locations with his photos on the ipernity photo-sharing site, I could never get Glastonbury by searching for it by name, I had to go to Wells or somewhere else locally and move the marker across the map from there - very curious!