NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, figworthy said:

I have a vague feeling that there may be one or two around here who may (or may not) be able to inform us whether or not it is indeed arty farty.

Does that mean that they'll be ironed as well ?  There's posh.

Adrian

Evening Adrian. 

Not ironed as such but their bottoms may well be weighted.......so hopefully the creases will dangle out, as it were. 

Rob

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening Adrian. 

Not ironed as such but their bottoms may well be weighted.......so hopefully the creases will dangle out, as it were. 

Rob

I’ll bring you some cream to help with that on Sunday pal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Vaughan. 

I think it was a one off. In what is now eight years of exhibiting I've never once encountered that. Given the fact that most layouts at a show have wooden baseboards with various bits of electrical goods screwed/ bolted/stuck to them, testing your drapes with a lighter seems a bit over zealous. 

And, no, the new drapes ain't ( to the best of my knowledge) fire retardant. 

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes I was slightly taken aback too as were some of the other exhibitors. Luckily my drapes had become a little damp during unloading, so did offer some resistance!

On a separate note, the Rapido Lowmac that arrived today does pass through my Peco code 75 bullhead medium turnouts without any issues either at the blade or crossing points. The back to back appears (although I have yet to measure it), slightly different to the wheelsets from the wagons I have had to re-wheel.

Vaughan

Edited by vaughan45
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

You don’t need to be worrying about drapes Nik!

Jay

Thank goodness!

I assume good practice is to have a bit of information about the layout and maybe some appropriate prototype photos?

(apologies for thread drift)

PS is a loud shirt necessary?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

PS is a loud shirt necessary?

De rigueur, Old Boy. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, vaughan45 said:

Hi Rob,

Yes I was slightly taken aback too as were some of the other exhibitors. Luckily my drapes had become a little damp during unloading, so did offer some resistance!

On a separate note, the Rapido Lowmac that arrived today does pass through my Peco code 75 bullhead medium turnouts without any issues either at the blade or crossing points. The back to back appears (although I have yet to measure it), slightly different to the wheelsets from the wagons I have had to re-wheel.

Vaughan

Frankly, the gentleman with previously said lighter was an utter knob and I must admit there would  be consequences should anyone try that with one of mine. 

At the other end of the knobbery spectrum are Rapido who do try their very best to get things right and are very decent types. That's good to hear about the Lowmacs. I've placed Blackwater Pier is on hold until October, once the exhibition stuff is out of the way so will look again at the point thing then. 

Rob

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Frankly, the gentleman with previously said lighter was an utter knob and I must admit there would  be consequences should anyone try that with one of mine. 

Indeed there would be, if anyone tried that with me as well...

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

By the way, there are still a couple of 03s available. One of which is this one.......

20240907_203322.jpg.0f12d0e805b5213be2d89a2c6c95fa59.jpg

20240907_203254.jpg.65f247b40efe0a3aabe3aa7e84ade14e.jpg

20240907_203349.jpg.55b92d662d3007840d626240aee68f71.jpg

Rob

• Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Yes that's all very nice and everything, but what's happening about the drapes. We need to know. I'm on tenterhooks with excitement.

You like the thought of curtains (note - King's English word) so much, that you've hung yourself up on some tenterhooks....?

What's happening?

I'm confused.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

You like the thought of curtains (note - King's English word) so much, that you've hung yourself up on some tenterhooks....?

What's happening?

I'm confused.

He needs to pull himself together.  

• Agree 1
  • Funny 9

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

What's happening?

I'm confused.

Curtains who said it was curtains. You'll get arrested if you go around saying that.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

What's happening?

I'm confused.

Curtain hooks shirley...

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Curtains who said it was curtains. You'll get arrested if you go around saying that.

Don't get so wound up about it, we don't want to end up with...

The Drapes of Wrath...

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 8

There are a bit 'in your face' aren't they.

Whilst not entirely inappropriate, I suspect the Sheepmeister may wish to consider something a little more  'in keeping' with his demeanour though i.e that of a laid back and cultured ovine.

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

There are a bit 'in your face' aren't they.

Whilst not entirely inappropriate, I suspect the Sheepmeister may wish to consider something a little more  'in keeping' with his demeanour though i.e that of a laid back and cultured ovine.

They match the laid back demeanour of his usual shirts though. The shirt/drape combo should be quite effective in deterring rivet counter types from approaching...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 13