NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Although a bridge is a nice feature.....

Plus you can never really guarantee that it will still be there in the morning, no matter how many positive thoughts you have...

Better tell Moriarty.....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

11 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Better tell Moriarty.....

It's a mother beautiful bridge and it's going to be there. * Have a little faith, baby...

*"There" being off stage, also known as the F.A.R.T.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Although a bridge is a nice feature, even a small one can munch up a lot of baseboard unless it's very lightly engineered. 

On my latest cameo layout, Ponte San Rocco (San Rocco Bridge), it's the main event. And the only place where we can view the train as it passes over the canal. The intention is to light some of the buildings on either side, so that they and the bridge will be reflected in the canal.

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Gedward said:

On my latest cameo layout, Ponte San Rocco (San Rocco Bridge), it's the main event. And the only place where we can view the train as it passes over the canal. The intention is to light some of the buildings so that they and the bridge, will be reflected in the canal.

Having been privy to early thoughts/inspiration behind those, it's going to be pretty damn good. 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Definitely a good thing. I've been making a point of lifting the covers on my layout each day for the same reason.

Melcombe Road Sidings is stored behind me. I smile every time I see it when I start a work Zoom call. 

Edited by RobAllen
Added contextual quote as I didn't see that there was a whole new page of more conversation…
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

How about joining both water ateas up, with a spindly bridge over?

This area of Essex is most definitely not known for its bridges!

1 hour ago, Gedward said:

On my latest cameo layout, Ponte San Rocco (San Rocco Bridge), it's the main event. And the only place where we can view the train as it passes over the canal. The intention is to light some of the buildings on either side, so that they and the bridge will be reflected in the canal.

That sounds great, any design sketches to hand or is it still classified? 😉 

The three span (but very basic) bridge on my layout is the central feature of one board on my layout, the other two being occupied by the station and surroundings. The idea being that the trains can be viewed before disappearing into a cutting.

The plantation trees I'm working on will help disguise the join.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That sounds great, any design sketches to hand or is it still classified? 😉 

Link in my signature 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gedward said:

Link in my signature 

Just popped across on your link and added a follow. Looks very interesting George.

From the picture taken from the gondala, I presume you were forced to make a site visit ? 🤔

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Just popped across on your link and added a follow. Looks very interesting George.

From the picture taken from the gondala, I presume you were forced to make a site visit ? 🤔

Not yet but maybe in the future.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, MrWolf said:

No, it's not off topic, she's wearing a sheepdog bra*.

TELEMMGLPICT000142589289_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwQM_NIC82Uk-KZ5W473-muE.jpeg.60ae88388a348a727c4fbd003a7a1689.jpeg

*Rounds them up and points them in the right direction.

Having just had to agree to a revised set of forum rules, I think all that can be said about the above is best said by Fathers Ted and Dougal …

IMG_5951.jpeg.1cf90bdf22a0e642ffdc8e77d6b4eef2.jpeg

😉

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gedward said:

Link in my signature 

I have no idea what that means I'm afraid.

Nothing shows on your posts or profile.

Either I'm missing something or it's a paying membership only option?

24 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Having just had to agree to a revised set of forum rules, I think all that can be said about the above is best said by Fathers Ted and Dougal …

IMG_5951.jpeg.1cf90bdf22a0e642ffdc8e77d6b4eef2.jpeg

😉

Judging by the part of the rules that are highlighted, they've got a bee in the bonnet about selling goods or services on here.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

As you know by now because I keep waffling on about it, Blackwater, by virtue of it's simplicity,  lends itself to multi company, multi period operation. Change the station building, change the above. 

One possibility is 1930s Southern. And here's a hint.....

1000005504.jpg.c6ed555ee864cea2647addcd89f586fc.jpg

1000005503.jpg.3d01655f57e6b65739ffd0d1ef175246.jpg

1000005502.jpg.f8034915f693aa1f6754a1befe92f777.jpg

The Stephenson Clarke open needs a bit of work. In particular the hinge to the rear door is missing so a representation needs fabricating. There's a nice photo with one on the Selsey Tramway. 

Rob

You'll take a bit of wire and some scraps of plastic, paint, weather, et voilà.

What will you do after breakfast? 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I have no idea what that means I'm afraid.

Nothing shows on your posts or profile.

Either I'm missing something or it's a paying membership only option?

Underneath the post below  George there are three underlined names which are lincs to thread. There are some underneath my posts too.  I used to see these before I opted for gold membership  so if you cannot I wonder why. They are visible of my phone too.

In case that doesn't help here's another link https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/186546-ponte-san-rocco/#comment-5530622

Don

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Either I'm missing something

There's an option in your profile settings, lets you see or ignore signatures on posts. I always turn it off - some forums allow ridiculous sigs with pictures, animations, philosophical guff and god knows what else. But it does mean I miss out on helpful links, as per the conversation here.

I'm not sure if it's set on or off by default, but it's an easy change to make.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

29 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Thanks for your advice everyone, no sign of an option to see signatures on my profile though.

I'm sorry to be the one to have to break this to you Rob, but your just not 'famous' enough to have a signature that anyone would want. Sorry if that's a shock to you but that's just the truth of the matter. Anyway don't you have some trees to make.

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm sorry to be the one to have to break this to you Rob, but your just not 'famous' enough to have a signature that anyone would want.

Father Dougal is waving his “Careful now” sign in your direction @Winslow Boy - have you not heard tell the tales of Mr Wolf’s better half, Miss Red Riding Hood?!

🫣

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

24 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Father Dougal is waving his “Careful now” sign in your direction @Winslow Boy - have you not heard tell the tales of Mr Wolf’s better half, Miss Red Riding Hood?!

🫣

I'd just like to point out that nothing was ever proved and she's directing her energy to reintroducing native plants and flowers to our country's hedgerows.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm sorry to be the one to have to break this to you Rob, but your just not 'famous' enough to have a signature that anyone would want. Sorry if that's a shock to you but that's just the truth of the matter. Anyway don't you have some trees to make.

You can be famous for all the wrong things. Some people want fame at any price.

I'm all for a quiet life.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

You can be famous for all the wrong things. Some people want fame at any price.

Ah, you’ve heard of “Love Island” etc!

(So have I - doesn’t mean I’ll ever watch the brain rot fodder!)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Donw said:

Underneath the post below  George there are three underlined names which are lincs to thread. There are some underneath my posts too.  I used to see these before I opted for gold membership  so if you cannot I wonder why. They are visible of my phone too.

In case that doesn't help here's another link https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/186546-ponte-san-rocco/#comment-5530622

Don

Many thanks Don for helping out here. I foolishly thought everyone could see the links in my signature.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

Things are pretty much winding down at Chateau Sheep ahead of departing on the Grand Tour next week. With much to do and a trip to Wells tomorrow there'll most likely be no time for trains and stuff. 

One thing I must do is draw up a small list of things to keep an eye open for when at Wells and crucially,  check the list against what is actually in stock at Chateau Sheep prior to leaving to avoid any retail duplication. I may well have failed to avoid  this in the past..........

Looking back over the last few weeks, Blackwater is proving to be just what the doctor ordered in terms of enjoyment. Due to it's simple nature, I really don't need anything specifically for it but I'm sure I'll find something ! 

Rob

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5