NHY 581

• RMweb Premium
On 09/01/2024 at 21:48, NHY 581 said:

Well, thats pretty much all of the track cut roughly to length. Final trimming/bending will be done when the track is actually laid. 

Here is where we are thus far. 

20240109_213956-01.jpeg.91c43a26011560db94a28064759c2dfa.jpeg

Rob

Ah Great a new layout arriving soon.

Just caught up with this excellent news, time to change my notification setting to every post and clog up my inbox but small price to pay not to miss anything from Abroad. (Cardiff is abroad)!) 

Looking good Rob will enjoy seeing this come together.

on another note S22 0-6-0 T Accurascale ? Nowt there? From a post a page or 2 back?

Cheers….

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

Ah Great a new layout arriving soon.

Just caught up with this excellent news, time to change my notification setting to every post and clog up my inbox but small price to pay not to miss anything from Abroad. (Cardiff is abroad)!) 

Looking good Rob will enjoy seeing this come together.

on another note S22 0-6-0 T Accurascale ? Nowt there? From a post a page or 2 back?

Cheers….

Oops, Sorry Ade. 

S56. 

Screenshot_20240113-091413_SamsungInternet.jpg.9451941068b28d7759ea2e66aa96a8e0.jpg

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Oops, Sorry Ade. 

S56. 

Screenshot_20240113-091413_SamsungInternet.jpg.9451941068b28d7759ea2e66aa96a8e0.jpg

Ah there you go I did think it that as GER but thought dunno , no harm in asking!

21 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

So, I've discovered a very useful feature on the phone which makes Pannier tanks disappear. The AI involved has had some very impressive results but this approach to making one of Sheepster's Panniers disappear is absolute genius IMO. 

20210714_213654-06.jpeg.6a0841c7e6e187428247090618b6ded0.jpeg

Before

20210714_213654-062.jpeg.16eea50d8ee3106c34659fd0df9c2ad7.jpeg

After. Nice bush....

Is there an app which having deleted the pannier, substitutes it with a J15, or better still an E4? Just introducing a bush really doesn’t cut it 😊

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, wiggoforgold said:

Is there an app which having deleted the pannier, substitutes it with a J15, or better still an E4? Just introducing a bush really doesn’t cut it 😊

You'd need to upgrade to PannGone Pro😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

On 12/01/2024 at 18:01, 2ManySpams said:

So, I've discovered a very useful feature on the phone which makes Pannier tanks disappear. The AI involved has had some very impressive results but this approach to making one of Sheepster's Panniers disappear is absolute genius IMO. 

20210714_213654-06.jpeg.6a0841c7e6e187428247090618b6ded0.jpeg

Before

20210714_213654-062.jpeg.16eea50d8ee3106c34659fd0df9c2ad7.jpeg

After. Nice bush....

22 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

He's also in the Naughty Corner!

Just catching up with this Thread, and ended up spluttering in my morning g&t!! Never mind the Naughty Corner - off to The Tower with him!! I've never seen such blatant insubordination before!! What's the Army coming to, these days??!! Pah!

Now I'll have to get my Butler to pour me a fresh g&t. Ah well, every cloud....

Major Flounce (ret'd). 🧐

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Well, track laid and wiring in. Playing........cough....ahem....extensive testing has thus far not found any dramas to behold and it does rather appear to be quite the engaging little layout. Just right for a bit of impromptu shunting of an evening. 

IMG-20240114-WA0006-01.jpeg.4da6b9ebe7d441910374152bb5fa1fca.jpeg

What a beautiful medley of rolling stock - though B4s are naturally my weak point, and I really would love to get a 2nd one (think I'd better wait till I have a layout to run them on, first, though!). As you say, the track plan, and small size thereof, looks to make a very capable and enjoyable shunting puzzle - perfect as a distraction tool in this modern world.

P.S. I must thank you for earlier tutorials of the use of weathering powders. Whilst I haven't really been quite so judicial with my use of them, early experiments have proven it to be an incredibly quick, low-risk, and simple way to transform models!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

What a beautiful medley of rolling stock - though B4s are naturally my weak point, and I really would love to get a 2nd one (think I'd better wait till I have a layout to run them on, first, though!). As you say, the track plan, and small size thereof, looks to make a very capable and enjoyable shunting puzzle - perfect as a distraction tool in this modern world.

P.S. I must thank you for earlier tutorials of the use of weathering powders. Whilst I haven't really been quite so judicial with my use of them, early experiments have proven it to be an incredibly quick, low-risk, and simple way to transform models!

Morning Jamie, 

Lovely to see you. Glad to have offered some inspiration to such an inspirational modeller. I only wish I had your skill at creating those wonderful scenes you do so well.  Sandy Shores remains an all time favourite of mine. 

The B4 is a lovely little loco......though it actually isn't, little that is. They're a bit of a bruiser of an 0.4.0T, as you know and have a bit of presence. 

This layout won't be company or ( hopefully ) location specific so we will see pre-grouping stock as well as early Southern stock pottering about the place. I'm toying with building a second, identical layout to this but using it for my small number of Italian locos and wagons, hence the 'need' forca completely different layout. Should I do so, then I'll definitely be cribbing from Sandy Shores as I think your lovely pastel colour palette would really suit the theme. 

Anyways, I shall potter on with this one for now and look forward to catching up with you at SWAG....

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Funny things, B4's.  One seems to have landed here, as it was the last one Hattons had and I didn't want to disappoint them.  Bargain £150.

Currently it is a rather un-fetching shade of brown lined red and named Caen, it may or may not remain brown but will become the NCB's shunter Ruby, as it is my Ruby Wedding Present. Oh, it's reet big too - 7mm scale!

• Like 10