NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

As long as London is on the left, you know you're on a proper railway👍

Just how does that work? Surely all railways lead to London? (unless westbound on the North London line....of course...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Whenever I draw a plan with a station platform (Rob seems to have cured me of this, though) the station is always on the left.  M current layout has a fiddle-de-dee on both ends, just to be contrary, and I'm right pawed.  Oops pressed send too early.  I wonder why it is we do that, as most plans I see of terminii are the same.

Mrs NHN also got left handed-ness beaten out of her (literally) at a Cornish primary school.

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Friendly/supportive 1

39 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Just how does that work? Surely all railways lead to London? (unless westbound on the North London line....of course...

Geographically, very few railways in GB have London on the left. . . . . 

Edited by Fishplate
  • Agree 1

I have three small layouts at home,two have the fiddle yard on the right . The other has the FY on the left . I don’t find that it makes much difference to operation ,although thinking abou past layouts most have had the FY on the right . 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Geographically, very few railways in GB have London on the left. . . . . 

That rather depends on where you are looking from 

from here on the Isle of Wight  it would be on the left for the SECR , LTSR, GER 

However from Newcastle it would be on the left for the GNR, GCR, MR, LNWR, GWR. LSWR

You are just biased by the maps which have the north at the top invert the map and it all changes. 

Don 

• RMweb Gold
On 25/11/2023 at 09:20, Oldddudders said:

I once attended a meeting [of BR's Business Resources Forum, where each Sector provided a rep and we tried to prioritise schemes to make best use of scarce resources like signal design engineers] where 4 people sitting in a row were all left-handed. There were only about 9 or 10 people there. Sinister!

Or Dexter ?

• Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Thanks Tim. 

Arrangements confirmed today. All being well, home just after lunch. 

Rob. 

If I know NHS Wales it will be before they have to give you lunch....just saying.

and as previously said by  El Capitano..best for the op...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1