NHY 581

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon all, 

Many thanks for the kind words. All done and back at Chateau Sheep. Much numbness and slings but a pretty good effort from all involved in the treatment. 

Time will tell what, if any, difference it makes but it's worth a go. 

Rob

Medicinal brandy. On prescription. Sorted.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

but it's worth a go

Hooves crossed it does. Gives you time to enjoy the Dapol catalogue online, did we mention they also did Panniers which are less ‘far away’ than the Accurascale ones? 

Edited by PaulRhB
Inserting words that should have been there the first time . .

• RMweb Premium

Isn't that just lovely.  The white carriage roofs are a bit....white....still, but I'm sure there is a plan!  But what a fantastic scene that has made, that livery is fantastic and for some reason the weeds n stuff just makes it all pop in that first photo in particular. Soup-erb.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Isn't that just lovely.  The white carriage roofs are a bit....white....still, but I'm sure there is a plan!  But what a fantastic scene that has made, that livery is fantastic and for some reason the weeds n stuff just makes it all pop in that first photo in particular. Soup-erb.

Hi Neil, 

It is rather nice. Yes, the white roofs will be taken in hand, no idea how yet but it will happen. The good thing is such treatment to the roofs is aided by the fact that they are removable. They can be tackled as individual projects. 

The Wainwright loco livery is just sublime and I shall be exercising caution when weathering these locos. You're spot on regarding the colouring and the effect of the scenery. Perhaps more than the other layouts, Lambsdown will have much thought given to how the various colours influence each other. 

Something of an Edwardian Flower Power layout really. 

Yeah Baby ! 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 10
  • Round of applause 2

20 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Neil, 

It is rather nice. Yes, the white roofs will be taken in hand, no idea how yet but it will happen. The good thing is such treatment to the roofs is aided by the fact that they are removable. They can be tackled as individual projects. 

The Wainwright loco livery is just sublime and I shall be exercising caution when weathering these locos. You're spot on regarding the colouring and the effect of the scenery. Perhaps more than the other layouts, Lambsdown will have much thought given to how the various colours influence each other. 

Something of an Edwardian Flower Power layout really. 

Yeah Baby ! 

Period platform flora and a rather unofficial station garden perhaps?

Polished locos but with plenty of dark oil and grease in appropriate areas? 

I'm sure you'll manage it and add to your skills in the process. 😎

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob. 

This is getting me thinking about an experiment or two with colour, Darling. 

Rob

• Like 4
  • Funny 1