NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

In addition.....the only thing of interest amongst the Bachmann Winter announcements was this, 

Screenshot_20231104-085017_SamsungInternet.jpg.91444221c32db3daf01835cd9cbd42d6.jpg

(Screenshot of Kernow listing) 

You may recall I used one of these on Mutton. 

20180207_212618-01.jpeg.5dc0b93c102f001754dc9936b02e5c01.jpeg

Mmmmmmmm

Rob

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Ahem......

The Room of Doom is empty. Slight delay as nipped out to purchase paint. Interesting shade approximating to Panzer Grau. 

Moving onto pre painting prep apres din dins. 

I thank you. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem......

The Room of Doom is empty. Slight delay as nipped out to purchase paint. Interesting shade approximating to Panzer Grau. 

Moving onto pre painting prep apres din dins. 

I thank you. 

Do you have enough weathering powders to complete the job?

Edited by mullie
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

That is such good news. I was one of the signatories on the petition.

So will the next SWAG in celebration feature teams dragging EWE up a nearby hill in aid of charity?

Or will it just be dragging Rob back to the hotel from the pub in celebration on the Saturday night?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Good news that she's off for a long and more comfortable life after so long.

I'm quite surprised that the RSPCA haven't announced that they will be bringing a case against them for showing them up. Still it's early days.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Use it as the baseboard frame for your 7 mm excursion of course.

Morning  Richard, 

I believe the Memsahib may have what is locally known as a hissy fit if such a disposal was even thought about........

14 hours ago, mullie said:

Do you have enough weathering powders to complete the job?

Morning Martyn. 

Interesting thought but whilst the Room of Doom won't be completely tidy ( well, not for long )  and far from minimalist, I'm looking forward to having a relatively ordered and freshly repainted space in which to tinker with trains. Hopefully, the use of weatgering powders will be confined to the Desk of Doing...of which more anon.. 

Now it's devoid of furniture you can really see how small the room actually is so careful thought is needed. 

The main positive I can see is the moving of what will be a bigger Desk of Doing to in front of the window, as opposed to sitting with my back to it. Can't beat wirking in natural light....ish. 

Today then will see the pre-painting prep hopefully completed. No.1 Son dropped in last night so the far more important business of catching up was attended to. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Well, yesterday was interesting. NHY minor managed to open his RTA account by torpedoing a Bentley which emerged onto the road in front of him and crossed his bows. Front end damage to Tom's Fiesta and considerable and no doubt significantly more expensive damage to the entire side of the Bentley. 

Crucially, no one was injured and there's just the damage to resolve. Driver of the Bentley has been on touch and seems a decent type. These things happen......

Therefore progress on the Room of Doom was understandably compromised but I'm hoping to pick up the first of the shelving units this evening after work. 

What has become apparent is that there is a degree of compromise in what will be the new Room of Doom, of which more in due course...............

Rob. 

Did NHY Minor not appreciate that Bentleys have right of way at all times in all situations?

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Crucially, no one was injured and there's just the damage to resolve. Driver of the Bentley has been on touch and seems a decent type. These things happen......

Glad all ok, had a similar thing many years ago in my 205, fortunately chassis member hit their front wheel and although it looked messy it was just minor bodywork and the radiator on mine. The pull out ‘ee was worse off as the front suspension collapsed along with the wing! It does make getting back in rather fun when approaching junctions as you’re watching them for any move so get Tom back in as fast as poss 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Mike_Walker said:

Along with Audis, BMWs and Mercedes...

Sadly - the older one gets the more one anticipates such issues on a day to day basis....always interesting  to try to see where other drivers are looking...we have a number of mini roundabouts locally which seem to be mainly used by folk in blinkers.....

Hopefully NHYm will not have any emerging aches or pains as a result of his coming together...

Chris

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

At least NHY Minor is unscathed and hopefully back behind the wheel soon. I had a similar accident when I was 17 in my first Triumph Herald, nothing that couldn't be fixed with bits from the scrapyard, but the Herald's chassis opened up the side of the errant Mini Metro van like a sardine can.

A minor prang early on does tend to make most new drivers a little more vigilant and mistrustful of other road users as well as more aware of their vulnerability, which is no bad thing.

I count myself lucky as a motorcyclist that I am constantly watching out for the distracted and just plain daft when I'm riding.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Well, yesterday was interesting. NHY minor managed to open his RTA account by torpedoing a Bentley which emerged onto the road in front of him and crossed his bows. Front end damage to Tom's Fiesta and considerable and no doubt significantly more expensive damage to the entire side of the Bentley. 

I'm glad everyone's okay and NHY minor will now have a story to tell about his first RTA!

First time I drove on my own after passing my test, I stopped at traffic lights and when pulling off, put the car into reverse rather than first and hit the white van behind me. Not one of my better moments!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

50 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Therefore progress on the Room of Doom was understandably compromised but I'm hoping to pick up the first of the shelving units this evening after work. 

What has become apparent is that there is a degree of compromise in what will be the new Room of Doom, of which more in due course...............

Rob. 

Sorry to read this. As you say the important thing is that everyone is ok. Cars can be repaired/replaced heir apparent's less so. 

Typical though of today's youth, no respect for there elders. I would add Volkswagen's Golfs to the list if I may. There is one local who takes offence if you do anything less than twenty miles an hour over the speed limit. One of these days they, as his partner drives the same, will come a cropper. I just hope it's not with me.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Mike_Walker said:

Along with Audis, BMWs and Mercedes...

And most posh 4x4s, especially the absurd Range Rover 'Overfinch' types, clearly driven by people who think they have run out of things to spend their vast fortunes on...

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

24 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

And most posh 4x4s, especially the absurd Range Rover 'Overfinch' types, clearly driven by people who think they have run out of things to spend their vast fortunes on...

Or need something expensive to launder their drug money...

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Evening all and many thanks for your kind words etc re Tom's bump. 

As an update, his car is on the mend. Mr Bentley is doing the right thing and has been in touch and is now dealing directly with the garage sorting Tom's car and has confirmed he is picking up the costs involved. 

So, hopefully things will return to normal before too long. 

Rob. 

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5