NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

In other news today, much interest was generated by the announcement by Hattons of a further batch of the lovely SE&CR P Class 0.6.0t locos. 

They're utterly delightful, look the part and crucially, run jolly well. Needless to say, the pre-orders have gone in and why not when these will retail for £85. 

I like them and given my bizarre decision to model pre-grouping, grouping and nationalisation periods, there are models coming out covering all of these. There are though a few highlights from the below list of releases..

(H4-P-017) SECR lined green No. 325

(H4-P-018) SECR Goods green No. 178 (new livery for 2024)

(H4-P-019) Southern Black Egyptian No. 1323

(H4-P-020) Southern Olive Green No. 556

(H4-P-021) 31555 in BR black with early emblem

(H4-P-022) 31557 in BR black with early emblem

The SE&CR lined green depicts 325 between as new in July 1910 and roughly July 1912 when the polished dome and chimney cap were painted over. That will sit well with 27,178 and 753 which are already at Chateau Mouton. 

This next one is very interesting, well, to me. 

H4-P-018_20230417115937_4263575_Qty1_cat1.jpg.c638eac8a99131b87f313933ac03a393.jpg

This is how 178 was turned out, probably sometime in 1915..ish. The SE&CR plates on the bunker sides cane later but there is a photo from 1917 of the loco in this condition. Certainly by 1922, this loco was running in the later SE&CR Wartime grey livery which is displayed by 754, again in the Chateau Mouton roster. This livery began to be applied from 1917, so.....bending reality slightly, actually a lot, both locos were contemporaneous in their respective liveries. 

Going back to the above list, A556 in Southern lined green will sit well with the already acquired A325. 556 is actually 753 but renumbered in 1925 so model is as from, as it were.

I do enjoy a bit of investigation and the joining of dots. I'm not particularly precious about it all but it's nice to know. 

Rob. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

SWAG, is that soon?

Do keep up at the back...........

11 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Surely not...ages to go yet....

Chris H

PS You've gone all wide on me too.....

And don't you start.......

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear !

It’s okay on my phone and ipad as I type this.............no idea. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Our screen is still a scratchy 9" black and white thing built into a sideboard. Sometimes it goes all wide screen, but that's usually because someone keeps whacking it with the sausage dog draught excluder when the sound drops out and she's trying to watch The jazz club.....

Edited by MrWolf
Fule karn't spel
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

I watched the last coronation on this wide screen TV - if you closed the lid it became a radio so you could listed to the  BBC Light programme. When it finally gave up my father dismantled it and we had an endless supply of electrical bits , nuts and bolts and a huge magnat.

4E7F4389-D899-46A0-88D5-7F576B3C9DF2.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Ah, I remember those TVs well. My Grandma bought one in 1953 and we all (including the neighbours!) sat in the sitting room to watch the Coronation. It had a magnifying screen fitted. Can't remember if it made any difference!

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

I've raised the wide screen issue.......

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I too have found your Bovine channel to be broadcast in widescreen format - unlike all other RMweb topics. But this is on a Windows PC - I do not have a tablet (other than the ones the doctor prescribes - ugh!) and have never bothered trying to look at this site on a phone.

So it is something very odd about The Sheep Chronicles - often amusingly so.

Regards

Chris H (a different one)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I just checked a few other threads and they all stay within the screen. So it just you I think. Rather annoying having to keep jumping back and forth or right and left actually.

Don

• Agree 1

I also have the wide screen format on my laptop as well as the sheep videos.

Is this a sheep take over as all the other adverts on the right hand side have disappeared ?

The 'submit' button is also hiding but I have found it !

Rodney

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, BroadLeaves said:

It's because the ipsBreadcrumb CSS style has white-space: nowrap. 

Is that next to the clezby flange piece ? 

Rob

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• NHY 581 changed the title to The Sheep Chronicles : These are the continuing adventures of a sheep, the Works Forecat, George the mischievous apprentice,and their official photographer, Norman Lockhart.