NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ade, 

I didn't have much chance to nip 'orf and have a wander about. Great photos indeed. 

I had to chuckle when Ewe was described as "Modern Image "...........

• Like 4
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 01/10/2022 at 11:35, The Stationmaster said:

Don't you mean 'very old' or is he 'very vulnerable'?  When I was told the date for mine I asked about a date Mrs Stationmaster to receive hers and there was much scrabbling at the other end of the 'phone while the lass in the surgery checked the computer to ascertain if I was telling the truth about Mrs Stationmaster's age (she ceased to be the next number down from my age back in May so confusion could be understandable).

When I enquired about 'vulnerable' people' (in respect of my son) I was told that at present they are only doing the 'very vulnerable' which might explain how Spams is getting in?  Looks like all you have to do is model the LSWR and that qualifies you or is he really that old😮(he looks well on it if he is)?

One is getting in due to being 50+ and having an underlying health condition. Plus the nurse took pitty on me when I said that I owned 3 Pannier tanks.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

One is getting in due to being 50+ and having an underlying health condition. Plus the nurse took pitty on me when I said that I owned 3 Pannier tanks.

Good job you didn't mention the diseasals then...

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Rob, after being on RMWeb for a couple of years I finally bit the bullet and read the last 100 pages or so of your post - its sheer size and the amount of banter can be a bit overwhelming for the newcomer. I was inspired to check in after seeing Ewe in BRM and loving what I saw. 

It’s a shame about the lack of pictures in previous posts as there is so much good info and knowledge that has been lost in the ether. But I’ve learned a lot in the last 100 pages and want to say a massive THANK YOU for your generosity with your time and your knowledge. 

In BRM they say you’ve had your other layouts featured but they don’t say which issues. Do you know which issues your features appear in? Once I can access the archive again (World of Railways is having a bit of a tizzy at the moment on my iPadule) I look forward to seeing your other layouts and tutorials - with pictures! 

Thanks again and please keep doing what you do. Cheers 👍

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

When I first joined RMWeb and stumbled across this thread a few years ago I thought it was populated by lunatics. 
I was 100% correct of course. 

Jay

Likewise, so I thought if you can't beat them, join them and start your own thread.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew D said:

Hello Rob, after being on RMWeb for a couple of years I finally bit the bullet and read the last 100 pages or so of your post - its sheer size and the amount of banter can be a bit overwhelming for the newcomer. I was inspired to check in after seeing Ewe in BRM and loving what I saw. 

It’s a shame about the lack of pictures in previous posts as there is so much good info and knowledge that has been lost in the ether. But I’ve learned a lot in the last 100 pages and want to say a massive THANK YOU for your generosity with your time and your knowledge. 

In BRM they say you’ve had your other layouts featured but they don’t say which issues. Do you know which issues your features appear in? Once I can access the archive again (World of Railways is having a bit of a tizzy at the moment on my iPadule) I look forward to seeing your other layouts and tutorials - with pictures! 

Thanks again and please keep doing what you do. Cheers 👍

Evening Andrew, 

Welcome to the thread and thank you for those very kind words and the encouragement.  The thread wanders about but there's a top bunch of chaps who chip in and the collective make it what it is. 

The loss of photos was a disaster. I will look to replace as much as I can in the future. However, if there is any image which you woukd like to see, pm me and I will see what I can do. 

With regards to the BRM issues........

Bleat Wharf.....

british-railway-modelling-magazine-oct-2019-cover.jpg.975a926448c8a07ceace9bf0c85c9279.jpg

Sheep Dip. 

british-railway-modelling-magazine-dec-2020-cover-1.jpg.e304c56aabad674d5936422f8c5e3aa3.jpg

I think Mutton was in April 2019 ? 

Do stay tuned and add to the mayhem. 

Rob

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob. Not sure my wit is up to the high level of top-class banter on this thread, but I shall do my best. And if you ever feel like you’re in need of a sheep fix, do come visit us here in the Outer Hebrides. We don’t have trains, but we do have sheep. Thousands and thousands of sheep. I don’t actually have any pictures of such, as I might get questioned by my neighbours regarding my wellbeing if I started taking snaps of them 🤪

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Andrew D said:

Thanks Rob. Not sure my wit is up to the high level of top-class banter on this thread, but I shall do my best. And if you ever feel like you’re in need of a sheep fix, do come visit us here in the Outer Hebrides. We don’t have trains, but we do have sheep. Thousands and thousands of sheep. I don’t actually have any pictures of such, as I might get questioned by my neighbours regarding my wellbeing if I started taking snaps of them 🤪

Ah ! A wonderful place. One of my  colleagues in a previous life was from the Isle of Lewis. A cracking chap. 

Rob

• Like 3

That's definitely commitment, finding the top class banter among the general banter, you must have read all 593 pages. 

It's a bit of a relief to me, it means that I have another 350 pages to go before I need worry about introducing any quality content into my own thread...

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That's definitely commitment, finding the top class banter among the general banter, you must have read all 593 pages. 

It's a bit of a relief to me, it means that I have another 350 pages to go before I need worry about introducing any quality content into my own thread...

Morning Rob,

I definately think your thread has a higher quality modelling v twaddle ratio though. 

R

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Rob, I'm glad someone can see through the derailments caused by conversations about everything from 1950s washing machines to the wilful destruction of replicas of Stagecoach's bus fleet by aerial artillery.

At some point in the near future I am going to be constructing a sheep train of such ridiculous proportions that Johnny Cash will come back from the dead to write a song about it. Most likely performed in quartet alongside Elvis, Bo Diddley and Lighting Hopkins.

I'm sure that you, above all others on here don't need to be told about the consequences of mentioning sheep on one's thread.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. If anyone is popping along to Taunton Railex in roughly a couple of weeks time, it would be lovely to see you. 

The Room of Doom has been restored to it's pre-apocalyptic state and I'm not only able to get to the Desk of Doing.......but sit down AND work at it. Result ! 

I have no idea how simply extracting three pre-packed wooden boxes and one layout causes complete and utter carnage.........

On a positive, I'm hoping for a more leisurely run down than in 2019 which was a work influenced late start requiring the deployment of the South Wales Speedy Sprinting Sheep Section to arrive by the Friday night cut off................

Rob. 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. If anyone is popping along to Taunton Railex in roughly a couple of weeks time, it would be lovely to see you. 

Rob. 

I hope to join you on Sunday - it even looks possible by train......

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I hope to join you on Sunday - it even looks possible by train......

Chris

Steady on...........My lad had a nightmare last weekend. I came very close to having to drive from Cardiff to Bournemouth to collect him after I came back from the Portishead show last Sunday. 

He was advised, with a matter of hours to spare, that his train  to Cardiff on Sunday evening would terminate at Bath Spa. No help was offered regarding how he would then find his way from Bath to Cardiff. Fortunately, he was able to carry his journey over to Monday........but he was unable to go to work. 

This was on top of him having his train cancelled on the Friday. He had to travel out to Reading then change to head back to Bournemouth. 

It is utterly shambolic. A national disgrace.........to add to all the others at present. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

On 15/07/2022 at 11:50, Porcy Mane said:

Wayyyyy too organised!  The disorder to my immediate right.

WorkybenchHeavenn-009-EditSm.jpg.ff914be648f7c9edabb223870b2f9ee4.jpg

P   (firm advocate in chaos theory).

I love the mirror on the wall, so the mess can continue onwards and look worse :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 5