NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, simonmcp said:

Saw this in Lee Abbey reception, where I am staying for the week, and thought of you 😀.

IMG_20220921_092701332.jpg

Clearly seems to have been at the Welsh Cakes............more than 12 I'd venture......

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, simonmcp said:

Saw this in Lee Abbey reception, where I am staying for the week, and thought of you 😀.

IMG_20220921_092701332.jpg

A happy retirement eating Welsh cakes in a hotel lobby after sixty years as a doorstop / bicycle prop outside the butcher's shop in Newcastle Emlyn.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

A happy retirement eating Welsh cakes in a hotel lobby after sixty years as a doorstop / bicycle prop outside the butcher's shop in Newcastle Emlyn.

I'm no... um 'expert' but she didn't look Welsh to me, glad you cleared that up.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Obviously you're more of an expert than I, I didn't know that it was a Ewe! 😉

That's Radstock for ewe.......

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

My only lasting memory of Radstock is the fabulous junkyard that was in the old gasworks sidings. I don't think that they had thrown anything away since about 1960.

That was twenty years ago, probably a JB Sports and a Nando's on there now. 🙄

• Like 1

Probably old news, but just to say that having just got hold of the BRM magazine with Ewe (you) in it, that I think it was a great article with some fantastic photos.

Where’s that applause emoji thing gone…?

👏👏👏

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Nice and flat - fits in well with yer fetish for Swedish wood. 

Jay

Ooh err!

I would point out there's very little wood in said Swedish shelves - cardboard honeycomb, a little chipboard around the edges & faced with MDF & Melamine.

I'm sure Rob has mooted Leysdown or similar before. It's obvious he's been fighting to resist temptation, but those SECR locos are too attractive to not have a home 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Ooh err!

I would point out there's very little wood in said Swedish shelves - cardboard honeycomb, a little chipboard around the edges & faced with MDF & Melamine.

I'm sure Rob has mooted Leysdown or similar before. It's obvious he's been fighting to resist temptation, but those SECR locos are too attractive to not have a home 😉

Rob has also mooted the C&HPR but ownership of those locomotives would be make Leysdown the obvious choice. They’re lovely models indeed!

Jay

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yep,can't wait to weather them and send the Hornby/ Bachmann collectors clubs into a frenzy.

Rob

• Round of applause 6
  • Funny 13

On 18/09/2022 at 20:43, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

Nothing much to report at present. I've been trying some alternative motive power at Sheep Dip today. 

Here's a view of the suspects in situ. 

20220918_201948-01.jpeg.7b67e8bcb898651ac85f08f007f10006.jpeg

Rob. 

Does this mean the Pecketts have gone to the knacker? The injured one didn't survive buffer beam surgery?

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Ruston said:

Does this mean the Pecketts have gone to the knacker? The injured one didn't survive buffer beam surgery?

Hi Dave. 

Gosh, no, not at all. Pecketts are in all hand. I'm off to the postie tomorrow by the way so something should be with you early next week. 

The diesels are an alternative. Not a replacement. 

Rob. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

In light of recent retail activity, there is a bit of reconciliation under way at Chateau Sheep. 

Therefore, a few locos will need to be redeployed. 

Not sure what as yet but I will advise. 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
On 22/09/2022 at 22:24, NHY 581 said:

+

+

=

20220922_144930-01.jpeg.aacaa90c22098b10d8e0d64c280cd0ae.jpeg

Just saying.........on behalf of a friend you understand......

Hi folks,

Now this could be truly interesting.  Just the other week I picked up a copy of Wild Swan's book on the Isle of Sheepey branch.  Seem to remember that someone modelled Leysdown Road in the RM back in the '80s; if I remember rightly the article also had scale drawings of the station building too.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Gold

Leysdown is at the Portishead show next weekend. I shall be having another good look at this lovely layout in between operating Ewe. 

Further details here.....

33850857_Screenshot_20220915-072801_SamsungInternet-01.jpeg.ed18b7f5597e1914591b25cc52715ec6.jpeg1098360643_Screenshot_20220915-072846_SamsungInternet-01.jpeg.58bc9abc607f03d53df59602c68f3995.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/09/2022 at 22:20, MrWolf said:

My only lasting memory of Radstock is the fabulous junkyard that was in the old gasworks sidings. I don't think that they had thrown anything away since about 1960.

That was twenty years ago, probably a JB Sports and a Nando's on there now. 🙄

Apart from the fact that correspondence from our GPs here in Seaford, East Sussex, is printed and posted from Radstock, these are my memories of Radstock, from the years we lived down the road in Coleford.

HD LMR corridor composites from late 1950s.jpg

• Like 7